Page 911 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 4118118619019079089099109119129139149159219611011 ... LastLast
Results 13,651 to 13,665 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1200450092060336129
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    TNT is doing wrestling shows again?? Damn, that feels nostalgic.
    worth it
    Last edited by steve2275; 12-03-2019 at 02:48 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Fantastic Member

I'm sort of real sick of passing out during RAW. Next week, it's the NBA if it's on

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I want to get back into wrestling fandom, but I am absolutely done with the WWE and its NXT subsidiary. I never want to put another penny in Vinnie Mac's pocket. Any suggestions on who to follow?
    New Japan is excellent. Wrestle Kingdom, their equivalent to WrestleMania is happening next month. It will be a good jumping on point.

Fantastic Member

I want to get back into wrestling fandom, but I am absolutely done with the WWE and its NXT subsidiary. I never want to put another penny in Vinnie Mac's pocket. Any suggestions on who to follow?
    A E Dubbya. Still got some growing pains going on, but at this point, a DEEP roster, and highly entertaining matches with a focus on the tag division. So far it looks like:
    Upper Card
    Chris Jericho (LE champion)
    Jon Moxley fka Dean Ambrose
    Kenny Omega
    Adam Page
    Cody (not) Rhodes

Mid Card
    Darby Allin
    Joey Janela
    Shawn Spears fka Tye Dillinger with Tully Blanchard
    Pac fka Neville
    MJF aka THE best PURE heel in the business for at least the past decade

Tag Division
    So Cal Uncensored (Scorpio Sky, Chris Daniels, Frankie Kazarian, champs)
    Lucha Bros aka Mexi-Kings (Pentagon Jr, Rey Fenix)
    Private Party (Isiah Kassidy, Marq Quen)
    Young Bucks

Women's
    Riho aka Japanese School Girl #1 according to Cornette (champion)
    Hikaru Shida
    Allie (who just turned heel)
    ...ugh, Britt Baker
    Nyla Rose
    KONG

..And that's a very brief summary of the top players, not even counting The Inner Circle faction, or the new debuts. Alot to look forward to in their future tbh

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    A E Dubbya. Still got some growing pains going on, but at this point, a DEEP roster, and highly entertaining matches with a focus on the tag division. So far it looks like:
    Upper Card
    Chris Jericho (LE champion)
    Jon Moxley fka Dean Ambrose
    Kenny Omega
    Adam Page
    Cody (not) Rhodes

Mid Card
    Darby Allin
    Joey Janela
    Shawn Spears fka Tye Dillinger with Tully Blanchard
    Pac fka Neville
    MJF aka THE best PURE heel in the business for at least the past decade

Tag Division
    So Cal Uncensored (Scorpio Sky, Chris Daniels, Frankie Kazarian, champs)
    Lucha Bros aka Mexi-Kings (Pentagon Jr, Rey Fenix)
    Private Party (Isiah Kassidy, Marq Quen)
    Young Bucks

Women's
    Riho aka Japanese School Girl #1 according to Cornette (champion)
    Hikaru Shida
    Allie (who just turned heel)
    ...ugh, Britt Baker
    Nyla Rose
    KONG

..And that's a very brief summary of the top players, not even counting The Inner Circle faction, or the new debuts. Alot to look forward to in their future tbh
    PAC is a main-event guy. He scored major victories on Hangman and Omega. He's the current #2 rank in singles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    I'm sort of real sick of passing out during RAW. Next week, it's the NBA if it's on
    That was a pretty bad raw.

Lots of jobber squash matches, while people like Seth didn't wrestle and Becky didn't show up on camera. Maybe Heyman is booking things so their top guys aren't over exposed or whatever, but it was weird. Like a pre-Monday Night Wars RAW or somthing.

Also, KO getting dragged off with no updates afterwards was pretty weird. I don't know if there was supposed to be some sort of angle there which was dropped or whatever, but it seemed like there should have been more to it. Even the announcers briefly mentioning that KO was founded and taken for medical treatment or whatever might have been nice.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The women's handicap match was quite good. All three women are really good, so when the layout is competent, they can do great work. Also I'm glad that Kairi got the pin, it was her turn to get a nice win.
    I loved the finish.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The women's handicap match was quite good. All three women are really good, so when the layout is competent, they can do great work. Also I'm glad that Kairi got the pin, it was her turn to get a nice win.
    It was too long, and gave Charlotte too much offense.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I loved the finish.
    Kairi even looked to legitiately be in tears for a sec because of the win. It was pretty cool.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Hey, thanks for all the suggestions last night. Ended up reheating some pasta and watching with my tv pulled two feet from my bed like a ten year old. I'm kind of in awe of AEW, but that NWA studio stuff is so damn fun too. I like having options again. I'm not trying to be a wrestling hipster by shunning the WWE but I genuinely feel that they're evil and they don't care about the damage they cause. The McMahon model is unsustainable. I really hope that when he dies, territories come back in a big way.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Astonishing Member

Hey, thanks for all the suggestions last night. Ended up reheating some pasta and watching with my tv pulled two feet from my bed like a ten year old. I'm kind of in awe of AEW, but that NWA studio stuff is so damn fun too. I like having options again. I'm not trying to be a wrestling hipster by shunning the WWE but I genuinely feel that they're evil and they don't care about the damage they cause. The McMahon model is unsustainable. I really hope that when he dies, territories come back in a big way.
    No offense, but why did you have to bring up Vince's death? Kind of unnecessarily dark?

Territories aren't coming back. Those days are gone.
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    No offense, but why did you have to bring up Vince's death? Kind of unnecessarily dark?
    It's one of the two things that will remove the funk covering WWE. The other is getting rid of Kevin Dunn.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LibSuperstar View Post
    Territories aren't coming back. Those days are gone.
    Yep, those days are over, and would have been even without Vince's involvement.
    Cable and Internet would have put a bullet in that awhile ago.

Hell, I can get about 10 hours of weekly non wwe wrestling if I wanted. It wouldn't necessarily be good wrestling

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    It was too long, and gave Charlotte too much offense.
    I agree, but its Charlotte. They're always going to do that with her. She never lost to Becky's finisher during their entire feud, and they made her look like the freaking Terminator during their LWS match. Meanwhile Becky did beat Sasha with her finisher, and Charlotte has made Asuka tap clean three times, whereas Asuka has only beaten her via cheating, and Bayley never got a truly decisive win over her either, etc.

WWE does this with their tag champs, men and women, a lot. Vince by most accounts, doesn't care much about tag team wrestling and the booking for many years now shows it.

Also performers instantly lose like 95% of their previous badass points as soon as they go heel as well. Annoying, yea, but unexpected, no.

But still I was dreading that they'd actually have Charlotte win, so at least that didn't happen.