Page 1245 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2457451145119512351241124212431244124512461247124812491255 ... LastLast
Results 18,661 to 18,675 of 19298
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I'm assuming that all of the talent are tested right before the show...(and hopefully stopped doing stupid stuff like going to bars)
    No, what I mean is that they're pretending that Sami left for no reason instead of because there was a pandemic

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post

So? Why does WWE need to build the pandemic in to a high profile angle?
    Considering the way the company is currently being operated and some the wrestlers and personalities disappearing from TV is all because of covid pretending like it didn't effect their little bubble is highly disingenuous. Would it hurt them to say that's why there's no fans, why Apollo Crews disappeared for a month in the middle of his biggest feud?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    No, what I mean is that they're pretending that Sami left for no reason instead of because there was a pandemic
    I think that POTENTIALLY creates a scenario where SOME might judge him one way or the other for not showing up to work while others did. Not saying it's fair to do that, but building it into the narrative will only increase the odds of that happening. It PROBABLY wouldn't be a big deal if they mentioned it... but I think it's simpler to simply not

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Because that gives him too much of a point and makes the company looks like the bad guys. (Which they would be if the title were real)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    about thunder rosa and ivelise, i thought the match started off rough with some miscommunication but ended up alright. from what i hear though they were having some kind of disagreements going into the match and there may have been some shooting during the match that was edited out. imo neither seemed to want to sell for the other at the start.
    There's a couple of gifs going around of Ivelissa clearly not selling and looking bored in the match. Too much fixing her hair. If they write her out before next week (or she eats the pin and we never hear from her again) you know there was something.

To me, they should have brought an AEW girl to challenge for Thunder Rosa's title, that would have been fair.

On the one hand, having Sasha mention that she's coming for Bayley's title does make it screamingly obvious that Nikki isn't going to win it. Again.

On the other hand, because it does seem that obvious, perhaps there is a swerve coming. Let's say Sasha interferes at Clash of Champions. Nothing huge, no immediate miraculous recovery, but she does just enough to influence the outcome, leading to a Nikki win. Which in itself would be a nice bit of symmetry, particularly after Nikki mentioned it was Sasha's presence that cost her the victory in her previous title matches.

So Sasha would have done what she promised and effectively taken Bayley's title away, albeit indirectly. The title then goes over to the imminent Nikki/Alexa feud for a while (which I'm really hoping will see Nikki be the one that turns but that's probably wishful swerving). In the meantime, Sasha and Bayley's history is big enough that don't need to feud over the title straight away. Then you have Sasha win the title from Nikki (or whoever) in February of next year. That way, when Bayley and Sasha have their blowout match at Wrestlemania, it's not about Sasha winning the title. Instead, you make it all about the one thing that Sasha has never done - Succesfully defending it.
    Last edited by Vworp Vworp; 09-19-2020 at 12:17 PM.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Mighty Member

Considering the way the company is currently being operated and some the wrestlers and personalities disappearing from TV is all because of covid pretending like it didn't effect their little bubble is highly disingenuous. Would it hurt them to say that's why there's no fans, why Apollo Crews disappeared for a month in the middle of his biggest feud?
    I am nevee going to understand the fixation that some people have with the show side of wrestling needing to reflect backstage practicalities.

No talent is actually being cheated. We are getting a, thus far, entertaining angle.

Referencing current events would add nothing, an probably come across as poncy virtue signalling.

The title then goes over to the imminent Nikki/Alexa feud for a while (which I'm really hoping will see Nikki be the one that turns but that's probably wishful swerving). In the meantime, Sasha and Bayley's history is big enough that don't need to feud over the title straight away.
    I like where you are generally going with this. But, could Nikki actually be a convincing heel? I suspect that WWE was teasing it, but thought better of a heel turn because she wouldn't work as a heel. (Then again, if you told me two years ago that Akexa would be a credible face I would have laughed. So, I dunno.)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Ultimate Member

Not having Sasha vs. Bayley be the title feud would be monumentally stupid on WWE's part.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Not having Sasha vs. Bayley be the title feud would be monumentally stupid on WWE's part.
    Because you don't think Sasha and Bayley could sell a feud for a couple of months without the title as a crutch?

Your faith in them is truly overwhelming.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I am nevee going to understand the fixation that some people have with the show side of wrestling needing to reflect backstage practicalities.

No talent is actually being cheated. We are getting a, thus far, entertaining angle.

Referencing current events would add nothing, an probably come across as poncy virtue signalling.

I like where you are generally going with this. But, could Nikki actually be a convincing heel? I suspect that WWE was teasing it, but thought better of a heel turn because she wouldn't work as a heel. (Then again, if you told me two years ago that Akexa would be a credible face I would have laughed. So, I dunno.)
    Real world events is the reason why the product is in the current state it's in. How is simply telling the truth virtue signaling?

Astonishing Member

If they were going to put real world into this, they should have had Sami doing promos from home and made it quite clear that he was really able to defend his title, but was using the real world as an excuse not to.

Once Jeff saw him, they should have done a story where Jeff admits "You got screwed, let's wrestle for the title" and Sami is like "Let's not wrestle for it, I'm the Champ!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Because you don't think Sasha and Bayley could sell a feud for a couple of months without the title as a crutch?

Your faith in them is truly overwhelming.
    There's no need for it, it should be the title feud and it's what most fans want to see as the title feud.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    If they were going to put real world into this, they should have had Sami doing promos from home and made it quite clear that he was really able to defend his title, but was using the real world as an excuse not to.

Once Jeff saw him, they should have done a story where Jeff admits "You got screwed, let's wrestle for the title" and Sami is like "Let's not wrestle for it, I'm the Champ!"

They could have had some comedic fun with this as Sami would be sitting in his backyard drinking a beer . "Look I have had numerous title defenses in my lock down !" And you can have him wearing a mask with him beating an outta shape mail man (mask too) and others for effect.

"Whew , see you tomorrow for our rematch !"
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Mighty Member

That would have been funny.

But, I cannot blame WWE for wanting to stay away from it. The pandemic has become overly politicized, on top of simply being intrusive. WWE is probably banking that people want their lives back.

And, using the pandemic in an angle (especially an angle about a feckless heel dodging work) might draw the ire of frothing activists. Those frothing activists have time on their hands, and might be able to convince USA or Fox to punish WWE.

Real world events is the reason why the product is in the current state it's in. How is simply telling the truth virtue signaling?
    The current state of the product is because of poor creative decisions that precede the current problem(s).
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Astonishing Member

That would have been funny.

But, I cannot blame WWE for wanting to stay away from it. The pandemic has become overly politicized, on top of simply being intrusive. WWE is probably banking that people want their lives back.

And, using the pandemic in an angle (especially an angle about a feckless heel dodging work) might draw the ire of frothing activists. Those frothing activists have time on their hands, and might be able to convince USA or Fox to punish WWE.

The current state of the product is because of poor creative decisions that precede the current problem(s).
    Lol, yeah who's ever heard of using current politics in a wrestling angle?