Page 955 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 45585590594595195295395495595695795895996510051055 ... LastLast
Results 14,311 to 14,325 of 19298
    Ultimate Member

I don't believe for a second that Vince has closed the door on bringing her in someday potentially. Nothing in his track record points to that. He might wait awhile like he did with Hogan, she's only 24 after all, but I could still definitely see him wanting her at some point.

Right now this is 50/50 on where it might go I think. Either this could dog her for a long time, or most people might move on in a month. We've seen that happen before.

What she does will make a big difference. If she keeps her mouth shut and does her job and doesn't give other women more reason to verbally dog pile on her, she might be able to weather this mostly intact. Or they embrace it and turn her heel ala Seth (note that I'm NOT saying that those two situational are comparable in severity, not at all, merely the general idea).

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    If Tessa said something that rubbed the *wrong* person the wrong way, it's reason enough for WWE to not give her a sniff. There's always been stories about her (I still remember Victoria publically bashed her early in her career) so it's interesting to see everything suddenly come out all of a sudden.

She has talent and made something of herself, and it's not like there's tons of other wrestlers who were jerks who later cleaned up their act.
    Judging by her post match promo she will be sweeping it under the rug.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's funny how it all came out simply because she made some random tweek one day. And the timing of it, on th eve of her winning the world title, shows the universe does have a sense of humor.

That said, because it's Impact it's really no big deal. MAYBE if it were AEW or WWE, it could be an issue... but Impact being so below the radar actually helps shield it from negative backlashes to a large extent. So she and Impact will be just fine.
    If Impact was that below the radar there wouldn't have been a blow up in the first place. It's up to Tessa now to ensure the controversy doesn't overshadow the achievement. Seeing how she is reacting it will likely linger. She already lost one booking and cancelled all her PR appointments.

EDIT: none of the female talent came out to congratulate Tessa. Gail Kim was the only one.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 01-13-2020 at 10:58 AM.

Astonishing Member

Some of the Impact Girls have defended her on Twitter--however, none of them are disputing that it happened, just saying it's been dealt with, all of the other girls shouldn't air their dirty laundry in public, etc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    If Impact was that below the radar there wouldn't have been a blow up in the first place. It's up to Tessa now to ensure the controversy doesn't overshadow the achievement. Seeing how she is reacting it will likely linger. She already lost one booking and cancelled all her PR appointments.

EDIT: none of the female talent came out to congratulate Tessa. Gail Kim was the only one.
    Here is what I do , if I was truly trying to make amends. Directly contact the women that I offended, and keep it moving. She doesn't need to do PR. I wish the wrestling fan base/industry was more damning of bigotry but they are not.

In all reality though, she doesn't feel bad about what she did or she would have made amends awhile ago. She spit on a woman and called her the n bomb. That's worse than what Hogan did. That was actual assault.

If I was booking Impact, I would build to unification bout between her and Taya. If you are going to go outlaw, you might as well go all the way.

Astonishing Member

I wish the wrestling fan base/industry was more damning of bigotry but they are not.
    The number of racist wrestling fans that have popped out of the woodwork with this is disgusting.

Rumor going around that ring of honor canned it's women division
    https://twitter.com/CatchWrestling/s...157433863?s=19

Astonishing Member

Rumor going around that ring of honor canned it's women division
    https://twitter.com/CatchWrestling/s...157433863?s=19
    Angelina and Velvet are the only notable ones left on the roster, right?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Angelina and Velvet are the only notable ones left on the roster, right?
    And both of them can be just as effective as managers.

Question...

Why isn't Sexy Star considered the first female World's Champion?

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    And both of them can be just as effective as managers.

Question...

Why isn't Sexy Star considered the first female World's Champion?
    Lucha Underground was a side project for AAA. It was a TV show and not a proper promotion.

The people blowing up were wrestling talent, so it would happen regardless of whether Tessa worked in Impact or not. The fact that the complaints overshadow her winning the world title as far as discussion goes tells you how much of this is about Impact. Impact just happens to be where she's working while this is going on. That's how far on the radar they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I don't believe for a second that Vince has closed the door on bringing her in someday potentially. Nothing in his track record points to that. He might wait awhile like he did with Hogan, she's only 24 after all, but I could still definitely see him wanting her at some point.

Right now this is 50/50 on where it might go I think. Either this could dog her for a long time, or most people might move on in a month. We've seen that happen before.

What she does will make a big difference. If she keeps her mouth shut and does her job and doesn't give other women more reason to verbally dog pile on her, she might be able to weather this mostly intact. Or they embrace it and turn her heel ala Seth (note that I'm NOT saying that those two situational are comparable in severity, not at all, merely the general idea).
    While I don't think this could completely turn Vince to ever hire her again, the fact is WWE wasn't interested in her before this all happened and this probably doesn't help.

I'll never say never to her being in the WWE... but honestly given her claim to fame these days is intergender matches I'm not sure WWE is the best enviroment for her anyways. Plus, her dad is in AEW.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    While I don't think this could completely turn Vince to ever hire her again, the fact is WWE wasn't interested in her before this all happened and this probably doesn't help.

I'll never say never to her being in the WWE... but honestly given her claim to fame these days is intergender matches I'm not sure WWE is the best enviroment for her anyways. Plus, her dad is in AEW.
    Candice LeRae claim to fame was inter gender wrestling before she signed to NXT. That won't close the door on Tessa if the WWE wants her.

Astonishing Member

Given how many people from NXT have been piling on, I think that she must not have endeared herself to the locker room during the Mae Young Classic or when she was previously working there as enhancement talent.

Candice LeRae claim to fame was inter gender wrestling before she signed to NXT. That won't close the door on Tessa if the WWE wants her.
    It doesn't necessarily close the door to the WWE... but it might be a less desirable door for her to step through even if it's open. THat's my point. If she wants inter gender matches, WWE might not be the place to work. Not that I'm certain AEW will offer it either...