Page 10 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420601105101010 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    an invasion wouldn't work since vince wouldn't want any of his people looking bad to a "indie" company like NJPW.

and people need to stop bringing up the attitude era. it was a product of its time and environment.
    I agree Vince wouldn't allow it on the main roster.

However I do think there is a POSSIBILITY he would allow it on NXT. I think WWE would be less protective of that as it's just a developmental. Elite invades, feuds with both heels and faces, with the climax being the 3 man war cames. Elite vs Undisputed Era vs face NXT team.

Vince allowed Jushin Liger to show up at one taker over and cleanly beat an NXT guy, so I think he's less brand protective in NXT. Or perhaps Triple H is less brand protective and Vince just lets him do whatever down there.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    While it's true most of the McMahons are usually heels, both brands currently have face GMs in Angle and Paige. Shane is a face Comissioner, and Triple H can be a face anytime he wants to be (he usually is one on non-main roster things like NXT, the CWC, MYC, etc). So it's possible to paint the WWE authority figures as face depending on which ones they use. MOre than anything it probably means keeping Steph off TV.

anything's possible i'm just saying it is an issue they've created.

angle's a face but every week we have constable corbin relaying steph's orders to him, so the evil mackman is always looming. shane is still around??

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    here's a great invasion angle that wasn't the NWO

and part 2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhdUCjPPL3w

it is, for a few reasons but yeah it's irrelevant.

you realize there are videos on the internet yes??
    Sure, but not every WWE wrestling fan will go on the internet to watch indy wrestling videos.

anything's possible i'm just saying it is an issue they've created.

angle's a face but every week we have constable corbin relaying steph's orders to him, so the evil mackman is always looming. shane is still around??
    Like I said, it's a matter of which authority figures they use. They have some faces, some heels, and Triple H can do either very very well. If they want to build up positive heat for the invasion, they could have the authority beat up Corbin or VInce himself. If they want WWE coming off as faces, they can focus on the face GMs.

If they literally wanted to feud with WWE authority, you could probably do a WrestleMania match with the Angle, Shane, and Triple H.

Course I'm just playing with the idea for the heck of it. I don't think they would do an invasion angle on the main roster, and frankly am not sure they should.

Sure, but not every WWE wrestling fan will go on the internet to watch indy wrestling videos.
    if they're reading about wrestling on the internet chances are they watch videos, just because a promotion isn't based in murica doesn't mean it's an indy. BJPW is indy NJPW is not.

Like I said, it's a matter of which authority figures they use. They have some faces, some heels, and Triple H can do either very very well. If they want to build up positive heat for the invasion, they could have the authority beat up Corbin or VInce himself. If they want WWE coming off as faces, they can focus on the face GMs.

If they literally wanted to feud with WWE authority, you could probably do a WrestleMania match with the Angle, Shane, and Triple H.

Course I'm just playing with the idea for the heck of it. I don't think they would do an invasion angle on the main roster, and frankly am not sure they should.
    cool
    Last edited by BigLbo; 08-12-2018 at 06:31 AM.

if they're reading about wrestling on the internet chances are they watch videos, just because a promotion isn't based in murica doesn't mean it's an indy. BJPW is indy NJPW is not.
    Not every WWE wrestling fan will go on the internet to watch NJPW.

they don't have to. if they read about omega they're looking at wrestling sites, those sites usually have videos.

anyways in more important news, tanahashi won the worlds greatest indy tournament the G-1 climax. i think it's great, he's due for another strong run at the top.

Extraordinary Member

It's a different world than it was 10 years ago. Back then you 2005-2009 etc you had to go out of your way to find ROH tapes and old stuff from other countries. Nowadays you see more people wearing NJPW or Bullet Club shirts casually than you would see TNA merch in the 2000's when it was at it's hottest point and the clear number 2 in America. It's not hard to find this **** and everybody reports on it. The industry is a lot more globalized. Guys like Ross do NJPW stuff, Jericho travels there, they brought Nak in because of how hot he was after that WrestleKingdom match with Ibushi.

Most people in general are on the internet, it's not a niche thing like before when there was the IWC. Nearly every wrestling fan is part of the IWC now because nearly everyone is on the internet now. It's just different.

they don't have to. if they read about omega they're looking at wrestling sites, those sites usually have videos.

anyways in more important news, tanahashi won the worlds greatest indy tournament the G-1 climax. i think it's great, he's due for another strong run at the top.
    Sure. And some will watch them and some won't. Again, not every wwe fan is necessarily interested in watching videos eith New Japan.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Perhaps the silliest thing you can see recently , indie company Big Time Wrestling decided to put its World Championship on .....drumroll.......

59 year old Kevin Nash folks.

Yes folks , Nash is near 60 years old and judging from the match due to his age and physical shape moved slowly in ring due to that. Yet some company decided that , ya know what ...for attention we need a near 60 year old Kevin Nash to be our World Champion. (And I like Nash , he's a funny guy in interviews and he gets how silly things can be)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Kenny Omega vs Pentagon Jr announced for All In. The card for this show is crazy.

Astonishing Member

I have been but I still still got nights 16 17 18 after my library dvds are watched

I look forward to seeing how he won
    Last edited by steve2275; 08-12-2018 at 11:26 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Ultimate Member

Just read about the Randy Orton story.

LOL...that guy has been crazy for a very long time.

in some wrestling related question:

I just discovered that there are a ton of crate on the market besides slamcrate. Wrestling crates. wrestlecrate, pro wrestling crate, the one made for all in .
    But I wonder: since they contain items from wwe superstars....are they official items? does wwe licensed those products? I thought wwe did not like to license their product for it to appear with other wrestling companies.

and....

isn't WWE all stars for the PS3 such a great game? I just bought it and its AWESOME!!!!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Most wrestling fans ain't watching their wrestling on TV that's for sure. Raw ratings continue to fall to all time lows. Also, New Japan has a weekly show on AXS TV. No wrestling fan actually needs to look up shows on the internet if that's their prerogative.