Page 1011 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 115119119611001100710081009101010111012101310141015102110611111 ... LastLast
Results 15,151 to 15,165 of 19298
    Extraordinary Member

The Tag title bout was definitely match of the night

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I hated the tag title match. The first ten minutes of it was actually pretty damn good until it devolved into a series of high spots and finisher knockouts. It took me out of it completely.

Cody vs MJF was my match of the night. I was pleasantly surprised that MJF won. I thought Cody would win it and move on. MJF just made himself a world title contender with this victory. If they pull the trigger on him being champ it could honestly be enough to reverse the stipulation of Cody never challenging for the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I hated the tag title match. The first ten minutes of it was actually pretty damn good until it devolved into a series of high spots and finisher knockouts. It took me out of it completely.

Cody vs MJF was my match of the night. I was pleasantly surprised that MJF won. I thought Cody would win it and move on. MJF just made himself a world title contender with this victory. If they pull the trigger on him being champ it could honestly be enough to reverse the stipulation of Cody never challenging for the title.
    Yeah I think AEW and NXT both really need to work on NOT having a PPV tag match delve into a series of high spots and finisher kick outs. At this point I think they pretty much all seem to be booked with that exact formula. It's pretty to watch, but a little bit of moderation goes a long ways.

Totally agree about the tag match. All it accomplished was burying Page/Omega's finisher. Seriously the Bucks have pretty much buried every tag team finisher on the roster. To make matters worse I just listened to Meltzer and Alvarez talk about this match and to hear Dave continue to audition to be the Bucks' fluffer is just sickening at this point. Best tag match of all time in the US? You sir are out of your damn mind Dave. Doesn't even make the ballot as a write-in.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Totally agree about the tag match. All it accomplished was burying Page/Omega's finisher. Seriously the Bucks have pretty much buried every tag team finisher on the roster. To make matters worse I just listened to Meltzer and Alvarez talk about this match and to hear Dave continue to audition to be the Bucks' fluffer is just sickening at this point. Best tag match of all time in the US? You sir are out of your damn mind Dave. Doesn't even make the ballot as a write-in.
    I don't understand why Meltzer insists on destroying his credibility putting over the Elite. They are not worth it.

I don't understand why Meltzer insists on destroying his credibility putting over the Elite. They are not worth it.
    I guess he's scared The Bucks might change the name of their finisher, or that the Elite are the only people that act like Dave is actually one of the boys instead of just being wrestling's most high profile fan.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who

It was a FUN match ... but if he said it was the greatest tag US tag match of all time then yeah, he's drinking the Bucks Kool Aid. He needs to tone it down at least a notch if he wants to actually continue to be taken seriously.

Ultimate Member

Only one finisher was actually kicked out of. The rest were broken up by partners in various ways, which is more understandable.

Extraordinary Member

It baffles me that a match accelerating could be considered a devolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    It baffles me that a match accelerating could be considered a devolution.
    It didn't feel that way to me. It was more like let's just do a bunch shit now. The fact it completely buried the ref didn't help it.

It didn't feel that way to me. It was more like let's just do a bunch shit now. The fact it completely buried the ref didn't help it.
    AEW really does have crappy refs.

You can get away with that in ECW because refs are basically just there to count to 3. But AEW in theory is supposed to have actual rules.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    AEW really does have crappy refs.

You can get away with that in ECW because refs are basically just there to count to 3. But AEW in theory is supposed to have actual rules.
    The ref thing is an issue with AEW. I literally busted out laughing at JR's commentary at the start of the Pac/Orange match when he pointed out how oblivious the ref was to Cassidy wearing sunglasses. It's pretty funny that Aubrey is the only ref in AEW that actually understands the role of a ref.

The ref thing is an issue with AEW. I literally busted out laughing at JR's commentary at the start of the Pac/Orange match when he pointed out how oblivious the ref was to Cassidy wearing sunglasses. It's pretty funny that Aubrey is the only ref in AEW that actually understands the role of a ref.
    What makes it more funny is that Aubrey has only been a ref in the business for 3 years. The ref who worked the tag title match is a 20 year veteran. He can at least pretend to know how his job works.

Extraordinary Member

Dude, just because they start going fast doesn't mean the wrestlers actions make any less sense than they did at the stat of the match.

Astonishing Member

https://www.cbr.com/wwe-goldberg-and...n-online-feud/
    "His win over The Fiend made him the only wrestler in history to win a world title in four different decades"
    the reason he won LOL
    https://www.cbr.com/wrestlemania-36-...ck-best-match/
    i think nxt nxt uk AND 205live are the best thing wwe has going on
    i cancel my wwe network for NOBODY
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AEW_Revolution
    Last edited by steve2275; 03-01-2020 at 06:39 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player