Page 1013 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 135139139631003100910101011101210131014101510161017102310631113 ... LastLast
Results 15,181 to 15,195 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    They shouldn't be having the EC women lose to each other much anyway, it makes the EC itself feel less epic.

I also hope that Becky vs. Shayna will be a NO-DQ match, or street fight, or some kind of stipulation match where they can brawl and/or use weapons. Shayna looked boring last night and I have fears that her and Becky's styles won't mesh well.

They should have done Becky vs. Sasha or Becky vs. Asuka at Mania. They'd be more entertaining than Shayna.
    Though Becky vs Sasha or Asuka might be a better match in term of the in-ring stuff, I think Bayzler and Becky had to be the Mania match.

Firstly because it's the first time ever, so it's a fresh match. But secondly because it's the most dominant female heel monster vs the companys top baby face. That's what a mania main event should be. And there's also the POSSIBLE element of Ronda in there. That all makes it bigger than just a good match. Mania is about the spectable, not just generating stars for Daves.

Ultimate Member

The problem is Shayna is a far more divisive wrestler, for example the crowd did not respond well to her last night. And even some of her fans were getting tired of it by the end of her NXT ring, who basically does the same thing every time and has an extremely basic character. Meanwhile, the other two are more organically over and varied in what they can do.

Not to mention Shayna just got done with spending the better part of two years as champion, so many aren't exactly excited to see her immediately put into yet another title feud and maybe even win.

People see it as WWE once again pushing fan choices aside to push their "chosen one" I think.

The problem is Shayna is a far more divisive wrestler, for example the crowd did not respond well to her last night. And even some of her fans were getting tired of it by the end of her NXT ring, who basically does the same thing every time and has an extremely basic character. Meanwhile, the other two are more organically over and varied in what they can do.

Not to mention Shayna just got done with spending the better part of two years as champion, so many aren't exactly excited to see her immediately put into yet another title feud and maybe even win.

People see it as WWE once again pushing fan choices aside to push their "chosen one" I think.
    I think you HAVE to give her a run at Becky while she's still got her momentum from NXT. Her whole thing is being this nearly unbeatable monster... that's what you want Becky to face.

If you wait a year, you either water Shayna down with wins and loses or you sacrifice the womans divsion to continue to make her look unbeatable for the next 12 months. Better to just do it now, relatively fresh off her SUrvivor Series win over Becky and Bayley and on the one year anniverary of Becky beating Ronda.

Plus, Asuka is the current tag champ while Sasha is returning from 2 back to back injuries on the other Brand. Asuka probably should be defending her tag titles, while the singles champ Sasha could be challenging is Bayey.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think you HAVE to give her a run at Becky while she's still got her momentum from NXT. Her whole thing is being this nearly unbeatable monster... that's what you want Becky to face.

If you wait a year, you either water Shayna down with wins and loses or you sacrifice the womans divsion to continue to make her look unbeatable for the next 12 months. Better to just do it now, relatively fresh off her SUrvivor Series win over Becky and Bayley and on the one year anniverary of Becky beating Ronda.

Plus, Asuka is the current tag champ while Sasha is returning from 2 back to back injuries on the other Brand. Asuka probably should be defending her tag titles, while the singles champ Sasha could be challenging is Bayey.
    I agree with all of this. Shayna needs to put a bit more spice on her kicks because they look lazy. Other than that, I don't mind slow and deliberate.

Honestly, I much rather see Black vs Styles at Mania than Taker vs Styles. Probably because I don't see Styles winning. Hell, if you just going to do a silly match. Make it

Black and the Brothers Of Destruction

VS

THE OC.

Taker gets a win. Black gets a rub. Styles gets protected.

Happy for the Street Profits.Getting rid of the backstage segments and just letting these guys interact with the crowd does wonders for them.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I agree with all of this. Shayna needs to put a bit more spice on her kicks because they look lazy. Other than that, I don't mind slow and deliberate.

Honestly, I much rather see Black vs Styles at Mania than Taker vs Styles. Probably because I don't see Styles winning. Hell, if you just going to do a silly match. Make it

Black and the Brothers Of Destruction

VS

THE OC.

Taker gets a win. Black gets a rub. Styles gets protected.

Happy for the Street Profits.Getting rid of the backstage segments and just letting these guys interact with the crowd does wonders for them.
    Though I don't mind Taker vs AJ, some sort of tag match with Black and Taker vs the OC gives Black something cool to do at WM. So I'd be all for it. And it gives Taker a lighter day.

Astonishing Member

Kairi Sane hasn't re-signed yet, that's why she's the Fall Woman for now. I think Asuka was being protected.

Everyone is expecting the EC to go something like:

- A little bit of Riott Squad Fighting each other, but then Shayna comes out and pins all of them.
    - Something random to set up Kabuki Warriors vs. Natalya/Beth which ends with Shayna pinning Natalya.
    - About 5 minutes of Asuka vs. Shayna and then Shayna wins that too and basically pins all the contestants.

Orton gave probably the best promo of his career.

I'm hoping for Styles-Black-Taker too.

Totally waiting for the Ricochet failed his drug test announcement.

Ultimate Member

Except people don't respond nearly as well to Shayne. And when neither Asuka of Sasha have gotten Mania moments, pushing them aside for the sake of a far less over women isn't a good idea. Also I have doubts that her and Becky's styles will mesh well.

And as for the tag belts, WWE has still put no effort into building up the Women's Tag Division either. There's like three other teams, and only one is made to look even remotely strong. Those belts, don't mean much. It's a division WWE doesn't care about. I know some WWE fans hate hearing and believe me I hate saying it, but it's true. So yes, I'd much rather her get a title match at Mania, than a tag match that likely won't get much time or focus.

Except people don't respond nearly as well to Shayne. And when neither Asuka of Sasha have gotten Mania moments, pushing them aside for the sake of a far less over women isn't a good idea. Also I have doubts that her and Becky's styles will mesh well.

And as for the tag belts, WWE has still put no effort into building up the Women's Tag Division either. There's like three other teams, and only one is made to look even remotely strong. Those belts, don't mean much. It's a division WWE doesn't care about. I know some WWE fans hate hearing and believe me I hate saying it, but it's true. So yes, I'd much rather her get a title match at Mania, than a tag match that likely won't get much time or focus.
    I agree the tag division is an after thought. Nonetheless if her and Kairi are champs she should defend the title at Mania. I'll give Kairi and several other women a better spot on the show than being in a battle royal.

Astonishing Member

I agree the tag division is an after thought. Nonetheless if her and Kairi are champs she should defend the title at Mania. I'll give Kairi and several other women a better spot on the show than being in a battle royal.
    They are going against Beth and Natalya from what all the rags are saying. Beth is training again, although it could be for a spot in the Orton-Edge match.

Side note, Angel Garza is star in the making. I think he can even be bigger than Andrade. (Andrade better in-ring still but Garza is so freakin' charismatic)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    They are going against Beth and Natalya from what all the rags are saying. Beth is training again, although it could be for a spot in the Orton-Edge match.

Side note, Angel Garza is star in the making. I think he can even be bigger than Andrade. (Andrade better in-ring still but Garza is so freakin' charismatic)
    I want to see Garza and Andrade as a tag team. Possible tag team champs at Mania. That US title is needed for others in that competitive midcard. Black as US champ would be solid.

Tardy to the party.

Just watched Revolution. It was top-notch.

Dustin Vs Jake was a decent hard hitter to put Jake over. Should have been on second.

Sammy Vs Darby was also great. Two super-talented up & comers showing what they've got. Honestly thought Sammy had broken a rib. Should have been first.

Page & Omega Vs Young Bucks; incredible wrestling with even better story telling. Despite Page's antics leading up to this match, fans were super-behind him by the end. Page is over huge and The Elite are barely hanging together. This angle still has miles to go.

Nyla Vs Kris. I have no idea why Kris doesn't go by 'Kris Alien' or something. Match was fine. Meh.

MJF Vs Cody. Great match. Tons of heat. Was cool seeing MJF channelling Ric Flair - one for the nerds. Right guy won. Cody doesn't need a win and MJF needs the momentum moving on from this fued.

PAC Vs Cassidy. Match of the night for me. Love everyone that was involved in this including Chuck and Trent. It's insane that the Fed didn't know what to do with PAC. Cassidy is an incredible talent.

Moxley Vs Jericho was another great match. The right guy won here also. It'll be interesting having a fighting champion moving forward.

Watched the whole thing from start to finish. Can't remember the last Fed PPV where the fast forward button didn't take a hammering.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post

I was honestly expecting another 4 way women's title defense, just so they can jam more women in there.

But a tag with Beth and Nattie sounds solid.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Goldberg dropping the title to Matt Riddle is the only way to get anything good out of his title win.
    The whole video with Goldberg and Riddle meeting is hilarious. Riddle being all "we are totally going to fight bro" and Goldberg "being no we aren't". You can tell Bill Goldberg doesn't seem too happy with Riddle's approach but is trying to remain cordial.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

According to Uncle Dave, Vince lost interest in Ricochet and that's why he lost clean to Riddick Moss. I don't watch Raw anymore but how the hell do you have the guy you build up to take on Lesnar and have him lose clean to a no name on the follow up Raw?

Ultimate Member

I was honestly expecting another 4 way women's title defense, just so they can jam more women in there.

But a tag with Beth and Nattie sounds solid.
    Shows you how pathetically they've handled the women's tag division that they have Nattie, the textbook definition of meh, and Beth making her yearly "come out of retirement for a month to do Mania and then go back again" as the best option for KW. Yes this totally makes up for Asuka getting shoved out the Raw title picture (not really).