Page 1018 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 185189189681008101410151016101710181019102010211022102810681118 ... LastLast
Results 15,256 to 15,270 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Yep, it's pretty main event monster building 101.

True Believers, Can our hero beat this unstoppable monster?

Find out at WrestleMania!!!

Sadly the Smackdown Women's title is getting no love at all.
    Yeah, the Smackdown womans belt is definately an after thought. Even the NXT womans belt seems to be way more hyped.

I think they either need to pull the trigger on a Sasha feud, or do some sort of throw away multiple womans match (which potentially helps plant the seeds for a Bayley/Sasha feud), because right now they've got nothing. I think Bayley has gone through pretty much every woman in the division worth facing except for Alexa... but I'm assuming they are saving Alexa and Nikki for the tag team championship match since they're literally the only face tag team.

Incredible Member

Yep, it's pretty main event monster building 101.

True Believers, Can our hero beat this unstoppable monster?

Find out at WrestleMania!!!

Sadly the Smackdown Women's title is getting no love at all.
    The concern is that they're going to run into the same problem they had with Becky.No believeable threat to her championship regin.

Amusing she beats Becky and Ronda,who else is there for her to face? Asukas didn't look good and rest of the women went down like punks
    Last edited by Baseman; 03-09-2020 at 07:28 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    The concern is that they're going to run into the same problem they had with Becky.No believeable threat to her championship regin.

Amusing she beats Becky and Ronda,who else os there for her to face?
    I don't believe Becky had a proper feud with Bayley.

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post

Amusing she beats Becky and Ronda,who else is there for her to face? Asukas didn't look good and rest of the women went down like punks
    For a monster heel, initially you want it to seem like there's no believable threat to Shayna. That way when someone does beat her, it's actually a big deal.

Eventually Shayna like most monsters will be watered down. But that shouldn't be until after the top face (Becky probably) overcomes the odds to beat her. Or maybe Ronda, if she ever decides to come back.

Ultimate Member

Except again that's not what people want to see in Becky anymore.

You don't bury and entire division for the sake of one person, it's incredibly short sighted. Even if she wins at Mania, now there's no one credible to challenge her because she destroyed all of them with ease at once. WWE are incapable of building more than 1 or 2 people at once, and it damages the entire division in the process.

Also people just aren't buying Shayne in this role. They want her to be female Brock, but without the proper build and trying to cram her into there way too fast, and people are rejecting it. Also Brock is a freak of nature, a great wrestler, has a personality and can be funny, has Heyman, is really quick and agile for his size, and has an aura that screams BAMF.

Shayna, has none of that. Most people I talked to thought she looked so slow and awkward last night, she has none of Brock's quickness or agility, and none of his personality either. I was talking to people who were at the show and apparently the crowd cropped on the ME so much that WWE had to mute them to try and hide it.

The sad part is, even if Shayna wins, she'll have no one to feud with post-Mania because they just had her crush all of her potential challengers at once with ease.

Yeah this was a mistake.

Pity to since the rest of the show was actually pretty good. But that ME dragged it down significantly.
    Last edited by Punisher007; 03-09-2020 at 08:02 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    For a monster heel, initially you want it to seem like there's no believable threat to Shayna. That way when someone does beat her, it's actually a big deal.

Eventually Shayna like most monsters will be watered down. But that shouldn't be until after the top face (Becky probably) overcomes the odds to beat her. Or maybe Ronda, if she ever decides to come back.
    And when that feuds done? What next?
    All I'm saying is that it just seems like a bad move long-term to job out your women like this in a division
    so small. Makes it harder to build up new stars to freshen up the main event

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Except again that's not what people want to see in Becky anymore.

You don't bury and entire division for the sake of one person, it's incredibly short sighted. Even if she wins at Mania, now there's no one credible to challenge her because she destroyed all of them with ease at once. WWE are incapable of building more than 1 or 2 people at once, and it damages the entire division in the process.

Also people just aren't buying Shayne in this role. They want her to be female Brock, but without the proper build and trying to cram her into there way too fast, and people are rejecting it. Also Brock is a freak of nature, a great wrestler, has a personality and can be funny, has Heyman, is really quick and agile for his size, and has an aura that screams BAMF.

Shayna, has none of that. Most people I talked to thought she looked so slow and awkward last night, she has none of Brock's quickness or agility, and none of his personality either. I was talking to people who were at the show and apparently the crowd cropped on the ME so much that WWE had to mute them to try and hide it.

The sad part is, even if Shayna wins, she'll have no one to feud with post-Mania because they just had her crush all of her potential challengers at once with ease.

Yeah this was a mistake.

Pity to since the rest of the show was actually pretty good. But that ME dragged it down significantly.
    We'll have to agree to disagree over people not buying Shayna in this role. As far as proper build up goes, she was incredibly dominant in NXT prior to debuting on the main roster. I don't think you literally can build her up much more than they did. And I think she has the most dominant auro of any female in recent history... maybe moreso than even Ronda in her own way. I honestly think if ANYONE looks at her, they can buy her beating up almost any woman in the divison. She looks like a legit fighter (in part because she is one) rather than a dancer or a fitness model or a gymist. She comes off as the bad @$$ that she legitimately is, and it shows. Anyone that doesn't buy her being able to kick Sasha Banks or Bayley @$$ in a fight is lying. Not saying she's the best worker by any means (though I wouldn't say she sucks), but she's very very easy to buy in the role that she's in.

As far as who Shayna can feud with... aside from Becky obviously, Asuka had a reasonably protected loss since they went out of their way to point out that Asuka was injured going into the Elimination Chamber. I don't think Asuka will beat her.. but she can still be potrayed as a credible threat to her. Charlotte on any given day can beat anyone. Nia probaby works when she returns because she's big. And down the line, you have Rhea Ripley who was the person that beat her in NXT. So there are a small handfull of elite females who can be seen as challenges to her. Not many, but a few.

Astonishing Member

Shayna was fine. The first few minutes of the EC was the fastest I've ever seen her work lol. They pointed out Asuka was hurt, otherwise it should be noted Kairi put up a tougher fight against her on RAW last night.

I don't think people don't buy Shayna as tough, but the hardcore fans saw the exact same story in NXT with Shayna running through everyone on NXT. Just because it's RAW doesn't mean it won't be the same story. I'm not opposed to Shayna winning at Mania, but I would like her reign to go a little different.

Smackdown is trying to build the "there are lots of contenders" scenario, so it will probably be a multi-woman match. There needs to be something tease tension between Sasha and Bayley. (I think a crazy Bayley paranoid about Sasha backstabbing her again is what I would do)

I loved Bryan/Gulak! I also like that Gulak's gimmick isn't that just hot air doing powerpoint presentations. He's actually a credible analyst. (They set up the face turn by saying he's just socially awkward) The "nerd of wrestling" gimmick could work!

Astonishing Member

Let me crank out the Broken record.

The Best thing for Raw and SmackDown women's division is to have singles wrestling on one show and tag team on the other.

Other than Asuka , there wasn't a woman with the star power or presence to have a worthwhile match with one of the biggest stars in the company.

The Best thing for Raw and SmackDown women's division is to have singles wrestling on one show and tag team on the other.

Other than Asuka , there wasn't a woman with the star power or presence to have a worthwhile match with one of the biggest stars in the company.
    100 % agree, only need 1 women's singles title and the tag titles. That's it.

Extraordinary Member

Rey Misterio vs. Angel Garza coming up on RAW

Part of me actually wonders if they shouldn't treat the womans division like 205 live with their own show. But in some ways I suppose that's a step backwards for someone like Becky who can legit main event any RAW or Smackdown on her own.

Extraordinary Member

Drew just squashed Rowans Spider...

It was a dumb storyline, but the Spider was innocent, in kayfabe at least

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post

maybe it self resurrects like ramblin rabbit.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post

McInyyre:Killer of Dumb Gimmicks and Evil Spiders.