Page 1049 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 495499499991039104510461047104810491050105110521053105910991149 ... LastLast
Results 15,721 to 15,735 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

if this is true, then oldberg is a dick for doing that to bray, after all his hard work.
    I was about to post this. **** goldberg for this.

Astonishing Member

I was about to post this. **** goldberg for this.
    If that's true, he's really out of touch.

Also, this is one case where the Fiend actually need to fight to protect himself and his character brand and not job in such a particular way.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I don't think he needs a makeover as much as he just needs a manager. He was doing well in Titus Worldwide because he and Titus and Dana to do the talking while he focused on what he does best: Wrestle. A good manager can do wonders for amazing wrestlers who aren't that great on the microphone. Look at Andrade.
    He's on the same brand as Titus again, so maybe they can get the band back together.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post

Also, this is one case where the Fiend actually need to fight to protect himself and his character brand and not job in such a particular way.
    Sort of makes for an interesting WHAT IF scenario.

Assuming any of this is true, WHAT IF they went with the original plan? Presumably Bray would go on to defend the Universal title at Wrestlemania against Roman... but Roman pulling out due to health issues means he's presumably in there with Braun instead. Obviously that would be a MUCH better match than Braun vs Goldberg... but you don't get the Cena Firefly Fun house. So maybe in a weird sort of way everything turned out for the best. Maybe... depends on if the Fiend can get his momentum back or not.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    it cannot be helped if rhea will not be back for the next couple of months. with the current coronavirus status , who knows when she will be able to renew with the current lockdown and quarantine and be back in the states.
    Looks like Rhea is saying she's still in america.

Just goes to show you have to take everything you hear on the internet with a grain of salt.

Incredible Member

I don't think he needs a makeover as much as he just needs a manager. He was doing well in Titus Worldwide because he and Titus and Dana to do the talking while he focused on what he does best: Wrestle. A good manager can do wonders for amazing wrestlers who aren't that great on the microphone. Look at Andrade.
    i'm not sure a manager is the answer , lana isn't doing squat for lashley. now if apollo have a gimmick change and comes out with the mic guy who does that hilarious eva marie intro

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post

didn't hurt the fiend in the long run though since cena did what oldberg wouldn't, anyway , seemed like vinnie mac is soured on both oldberg and lesnar which is good news.

i'm not sure a manager is the answer , lana isn't doing squat for lashley. now if apollo have a gimmick change and comes out with the mic guy who does that hilarious eva marie intro

didn't hurt the fiend in the long run though since cena did what oldberg wouldn't, anyway , seemed like vinnie mac is soured on both oldberg and lesnar which is good news.
    Even if Vince didn't sour on Goldberg and Brock, I suspect it would be MUCH harder to justify paying those guys millions and millions for a handfull of appearances given the current economic climate. If Vince needs to tighten his purse strings a bit, those 2 are the obvious place to start.

If Taker legit is retiring too, this WM is arguably somewhat the end of an era in some ways. A whole previous generation of main eventers might legti be walking into the sunset.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

But the thing is... he got over during his time in Titus Worldwide, and they took that away from him. Same with Akira Tozawa, who was also part of that group.

I keep discussing this in another forum, but one of the things that annoys me a lot about Apollo Crews is how WWE constantly harps on commentary about how he's this close to being a breakout star whenever he's on TV, and he always loses. Like, if you want to make him come off as a big deal, don't do your typical "look good in defeat" **** and then send him back to catering for God knows how long. Have the guy win and build him up, but most importantly; let him have a personality! "Guy who wrestles good" is not a character trait in today's WWE since there are plenty of performers now on the roster that are known for their wrestling skill. It's not like it was 10-15 years ago where there were a few high quality wrestlers and then you had a bunch of guys known for gimmicks.

Problem is twinfold for Lashley. One, Lashley can't seem to get a sustainable manager in WWE. Like, Lio Rush didn't last long with him, but that was due to Lio being Lio. And, two, Lana (in my opinion) ranks down there as one of the worst managers of all-time. She was okay when Rusev debuted on the main roster when he was the Russian sympathizer but after he lost the US Championship and his undefeated streak (and his slow descent to purgatory), we started seeing just how ineffective she is in terms of acting (oh, the acting...) and performance. Good managers (at least in story) are able to help their clients win matches, and when they cost them victories, it should be because it's them getting their just deserts, as opposed to them being dumbasses. I can point out many cases in which Lana does something stupid that costs her client a victory. Compare that to Zelina Vega, who smacked around a buffoon like Sin Cara and made life frustrating for the Street Profits who were required to bring in Bianca Belair to even the odds.

By the way, has anyone checked out the Brawl for All episode on Dark Side of the Ring? Bart Gunn was legit done dirty by the WWF for knocking out Steve Williams, and speaking of which... what kind of program were they expecting to do with Dr. Death vs. Steve Austin? Someone told me that 1998 WWF was mostly about characters, and Dr. Death didn't have a personality. Not to mention you'd be taking a guy who would win a shoot fight and then making him work a, well, worked match against your top star that he would most obviously lose.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    He's on the same brand as Titus again, so maybe they can get the band back together.
    Please no. I feel like Titus just makes everyone around him a joke wrestler.

I like Crews, but he has issues. He has Face face. Being a heel would help, but you can't boo this guy.He looks like a nice guy.Maybe you could do with what was done with New Day. Maybe he could play obnoxiously nice. Make that million dollar smile into a used car salesman smile. He needs to be hidden.

Remember when Kurt Angle was just pure wonder bread heel.That could work with Crews. Have him give speeches on how people should raise their kids or how women should dress. This is something that could work well with Lacey Evans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    By the way, has anyone checked out the Brawl for All episode on Dark Side of the Ring? Bart Gunn was legit done dirty by the WWF for knocking out Steve Williams, and speaking of which... what kind of program were they expecting to do with Dr. Death vs. Steve Austin? Someone told me that 1998 WWF was mostly about characters, and Dr. Death didn't have a personality. Not to mention you'd be taking a guy who would win a shoot fight and then making him work a, well, worked match against your top star that he would most obviously lose.
    I watched it and really felt like Vince should have been kicked in the huevos for how they did Bart. It was easy shift to turn Bart Gunn into a bad ass. I don't care how he was booked in the past. You had a guy legit knocked the dust off his competitors and you can't switch gears. I never was a fan of Steve Williams, so what you could do with him, you could have done with Bart.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, but how elevated will the title be from Rhea cutting promos from her living room with the belt in Australia for the next 2 months?

Better to give it to Charlotte, have her defend the title in Nxt until Rhea can come back, then drop it back to her when Rhea returns. Or to someone else ... she's not going to stay in nxt forever. Charlotte wrestling in nxt isn't the worst thing in the world. There's a lot of fun matches they can pull from that. Again, funnier than promos of Rhea from her living room in Australia.
    Rhea is still in the US.

Edit: you're already aware.
    Last edited by Username taken; 04-08-2020 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Updated info

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    It was so painful

They really buried Bart.

He deserved much better. At least he seems to be in a good place now.

Intermediary

there will be a new interim CW Champ as Jordan Devlin cant compete due to COVID/travel issues

announced by Regal on the Bump today