Page 1050 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 5055095010001040104610471048104910501051105210531054106011001150 ... LastLast
Results 15,736 to 15,750 of 19298
    Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It was so painful

They really buried Bart.

He deserved much better. At least he seems to be in a good place now.
    he got sooooooo screwed

I like JR a little less after this

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    By the way, has anyone checked out the Brawl for All episode on Dark Side of the Ring? Bart Gunn was legit done dirty by the WWF for knocking out Steve Williams, and speaking of which... what kind of program were they expecting to do with Dr. Death vs. Steve Austin? Someone told me that 1998 WWF was mostly about characters, and Dr. Death didn't have a personality. Not to mention you'd be taking a guy who would win a shoot fight and then making him work a, well, worked match against your top star that he would most obviously lose.
    JR turned heel in 97 and was suppose to be Steve Williams manager. He swears that feud could have drawn big money if it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    there will be a new interim CW Champ as Jordan Devlin cant compete due to COVID/travel issues

announced by Regal on the Bump today
    Seems the same thing will happen with the NXT tag championships as Pete Dunne can't leave the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    JR turned heel in 97 and was suppose to be Steve Williams manager. He swears that feud could have drawn big money if it happened.
    I personally wouldn't have trusted Williams with a match with Austin. Some of those suplexes he hit were pretty scary looking.... putting him in a feud with a cash cow who happens to have a bad neck is almost asking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    there will be a new interim CW Champ as Jordan Devlin cant compete due to COVID/travel issues

announced by Regal on the Bump today
    Have him keep it but still crown a new Cruiserweight champ. Re-name the old one the UK Cruiserweight championship. NXT UK doesn't have a mid-card title. It's not the same but it can be close.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Have him keep it but still crown a new Cruiserweight champ
    That's what they are doing. It's why it's an interim championship tournament.

Forbes published an article on the top 10 paid performers in WWE
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidbi.../#79041d6f160b

I'm surprised to see Becky on this list and not Charlotte. Oldberg being there pisses me off.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 04-08-2020 at 12:11 PM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    i'm not sure a manager is the answer , lana isn't doing squat for lashley. now if apollo have a gimmick change and comes out with the mic guy who does that hilarious eva marie intro

didn't hurt the fiend in the long run though since cena did what oldberg wouldn't, anyway , seemed like vinnie mac is soured on both oldberg and lesnar which is good news.
    it kinda did. he jobbed out to a part timer who botched his own finisher and beat another part timer in a match that really wasn't a match. (not saying it was bad or anything)

if he was gonna beat cena, i'd rather have had the fiend be champ and cena chasing that 17th title reign than what we got. just felt like a shitty consultation prize for bray.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    it kinda did. he jobbed out to a part timer who botched his own finisher and beat another part timer in a match that really wasn't a match. (not saying it was bad or anything)

if he was gonna beat cena, i'd rather have had the fiend be champ and cena chasing that 17th title reign than what we got. just felt like a shitty consultation prize for bray.
    While I liked the Firehouse Fun House match, I don't believe that should have been a WWE Universal title match. It wasn't a real wrestling match... it was just a skit. And it was a funny skit which I enjoyed for what it was, but it shouldn't replace an actual match when a legitimate title in on the line.

That's what they are doing. It's why it's an interim championship tournament.
    I'm aware of that. But "interim" implies that once this virus situation is resolved, we will be back to only one holding the title. I'm saying convert the current CW title to a NXT UK CW title.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    By the way, has anyone checked out the Brawl for All episode on Dark Side of the Ring? Bart Gunn was legit done dirty by the WWF for knocking out Steve Williams, and speaking of which... what kind of program were they expecting to do with Dr. Death vs. Steve Austin? Someone told me that 1998 WWF was mostly about characters, and Dr. Death didn't have a personality. Not to mention you'd be taking a guy who would win a shoot fight and then making him work a, well, worked match against your top star that he would most obviously lose.
    Well the 1998 era had a shortage of main event heels really. The WWF was basically cycling through limited heels they had roster wise to face Austin til HHH and Rock was ready at that level then. So they saw Dr. Death a guy known for his legit toughness and thought , we have a battle of tough guys and Doc can work a main event heel run awhile. It likely would have put off the whole Corporate Ministry awhile where they turned Undertaker heel as we saw in 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I watched it and really felt like Vince should have been kicked in the huevos for how they did Bart. It was easy shift to turn Bart Gunn into a bad ass. I don't care how he was booked in the past. You had a guy legit knocked the dust off his competitors and you can't switch gears. I never was a fan of Steve Williams, so what you could do with him, you could have done with Bart.

The comical aspect was Jim Cornette running up to Russo screaming how he cost the company $5 million. Russo laughing about it now shows you , he didn't care at all what Jim was losing his mind over.

- Russo brings up that Doctor Death was really past his prime anyhow and he doubts the angle would have worked.

- The concept beyond making JBL look dumb could have built a new mid-card star and Bart could have taken off if pushed right.

The whole deal was also the fault of the company. They obviously went on Steve Williams in his prime era as that tough SOB who could fight on. No idea he was nearing the end and would lose this. They never should have put him in this tournament. It was a dumb idea. Or hell if they did go tell Bart , hey want u to go down against Williams and of course Bart would have done it. Instead they were mocking Bart Gunn in a sense behind the scenes and he made them look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I personally wouldn't have trusted Williams with a match with Austin. Some of those suplexes he hit were pretty scary looking.... putting him in a feud with a cash cow who happens to have a bad neck is almost asking for trouble.
    The angle would have drawn money. Austin vs McMahon was HOT then and he could have drawn with anyone. Williams would have protected Austin because its a huge main event push in a company and big money for him. Its sad for Doctor Death because it would have cemented his legacy in a way in America. Where he hadn't gotten the BIG PUSH since the UWF days. Over in Japan he was considered an icon.

In his prime Williams was a legit bad ass and could move...
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Boxing and MMA generally have matches between the interim champion and normal one to determine the undisputed champion. I presume WWE will do something like that once Devlin is available again. Personally I kind of want to see Tyler Breeze as interim champion.

The Braw For All is fascinating. Poor Bart Gunn being "punished" for daring to win, a shoot fight that WWE chose to make a shoot, by being fed to Butterbean, was an incredibly petty and A-hole move on Vince and co's part.

Also if they really wanted Dr. Death to win and get pushed (and I agree him vs. Austin could have been a cool feud), then they could have fixed that very easily. Just make it a worked tournament, like all of their other tournaments are, and book him to win, duh. Why they decided to make it a shoot in the first place is beyond me?

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I'm aware of that. But "interim" implies that once this virus situation is resolved, we will be back to only one holding the title. I'm saying convert the current CW title to a NXT UK CW title.
    UK doesn't need another belt. Their roster is thin.

Astonishing Member

UK doesn't need another belt. Their roster is thin.
    Agreed. They could easily be absorbed into the other shows.

Back to Dr. Death. What does it really mean to be an bad ass in wrestling. Bart Gunn just legit knocked out wrestlers that the WWE audience knew. That makes him a legitimate bad ass in my book. It wasn't like Williams could cut these great promos. He was just a guy. It's pro wrestling, you can make anyone a bad ass. It's not like he was Kurt Angle, Rousey, or someone of notoriety in another sport.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

Also if they really wanted Dr. Death to win and get pushed (and I agree him vs. Austin could have been a cool feud), then they could have fixed that very easily. Just make it a worked tournament, like all of their other tournaments are, and book him to win, duh. Why they decided to make it a shoot in the first place is beyond me?
    Because at the time they were toying around with the idea of a new legit combat sport that would be a cross between wrestling and boxing. And the wrestlers were the guinea pigs, and the thought if this caught on they could have a "hardcore
    division of the WWE was shoot fighting. But they format they came up with was boring.

As UFC showed there was a market for combat sports but it took them awhile to get it right too.