Page 1051 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 5155195110011041104710481049105010511052105310541055106111011151 ... LastLast
Results 15,751 to 15,765 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Michael Bevins really need to add some spice to his look.

Is the team of Ever Rise really special friends?

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Agreed. They could easily be absorbed into the other shows.

Back to Dr. Death. What does it really mean to be an bad ass in wrestling. Bart Gunn just legit knocked out wrestlers that the WWE audience knew. That makes him a legitimate bad ass in my book. It wasn't like Williams could cut these great promos. He was just a guy. It's pro wrestling, you can make anyone a bad ass. It's not like he was Kurt Angle, Rousey, or someone of notoriety in another sport.
    he was a very accomplished amateur/college wrestler.

i liked the boneyard match, didn't care for the firefly ****. good as a segment.........kind of. not so much as a match.

Michael Bevins really need to add some spice to his look.

Is the team of Ever Rise really special friends?
    wait they seriously renamed stokely michael bivens?? they have to name his stablemates ricky bell & ronnie devoe now
    Last edited by BigLbo; 04-08-2020 at 07:18 PM.

Ultimate Member

NXT:

Io winning was cool, but WrestleMania changed things. Charlotte vs. Io will be great matches. But Charlotte being the first one to beat Io since she turned heel, when the latter has tons of momentum and is the most over woman that they've got. Oh boy, that'll go over well with fans.

Tweener Balor is awesome. Him vs. WALTER should be epic.

Not sure about the Candice thing. They turned another female face heel? I hope they have something cool planned. Because Candice being only "Johnny's wife" has been part of her problem so far. And here it seems like they're doubling down on it.

AEW:

The Women's Match was really good. Shida needs to be champion soon. And this is the most impressed I've been with Dr. Britt so far, so props to her.

The tag match was fun.

Jericho's commentary was great. Whenever he finally retires, he should do it full time. His beef with Aubrey Edwards continues. With how over she is, if he or some other heel ever attacks her, instant nuclear heat.

Cody vs. Shawn was enjoyable. Creative finish to.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    wait they seriously renamed stokely michael bivens?? they have to name his stablemates ricky bell & ronnie devoe now
    Lol. And you know that none of the writers knew who it was.

Vince wants to kill NXT with a lethal injection of Poison

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    he was a very accomplished amateur/college wrestler.

i liked the boneyard match, didn't care for the firefly ****. good as a segment.........kind of. not so much as a match.
    It was a crap match. The mark in me enjoyed the silliness and the inside reference. I hope I don't see anything like that for awhile. Of Course, I know Matt Hardy is itching to top that.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    NXT:

Io winning was cool, but WrestleMania changed things. Charlotte vs. Io will be great matches. But Charlotte being the first one to beat Io since she turned heel, when the latter has tons of momentum and is the most over woman that they've got. Oh boy, that'll go over well with fans.

Not sure about the Candice thing. They turned another female face heel? I hope they have something cool planned. Because Candice being only "Johnny's wife" has been part of her problem so far. And here it seems like they're doubling down on it.

AEW:

The Women's Match was really good. Shida needs to be champion soon. And this is the most impressed I've been with Dr. Britt so far, so props to her.

The tag match was fun.

Jericho's commentary was great. Whenever he finally retires, he should do it full time. His beef with Aubrey Edwards continues. With how over she is, if he or some other heel ever attacks her, instant nuclear heat.

Was Fozzie supposed to be touring right now, but canceled due to the Corona virus? If so, having Jericho on commentary might be one of the few silver linings of the virus pandemic.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Astonishing Member

In kayfabe, Ciampa has threatened Candice multiple times and always attacks her husband. As a face, she would often cheat (Survivor Series, interfering in Nox/Kai) so this isn't really big out of character for her.

Incredible Member

It was a crap match. The mark in me enjoyed the silliness and the inside reference. I hope I don't see anything like that for awhile. Of Course, I know Matt Hardy is itching to top that.
    it wasn;t so much of a match as a introspective into cena career through the years where bray exposed him until the fiend took cena out and his body dissapeear 'you can't see him'.

BANNED

. It was easy shift to turn Bart Gunn into a bad ass.
    Bart Gunn was Bart Gunn. a mediocre, at best, wrestler with zero personality. when you have to be carried by Billy Gunn to make a semi watchable team you know it isnt good. Nothing would have worked with him.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    In kayfabe, Ciampa has threatened Candice multiple times and always attacks her husband. As a face, she would often cheat (Survivor Series, interfering in Nox/Kai) so this isn't really big out of character for her.
    It really is hard to tell who was the face and who was the heel at a certain point in this feud.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    NXT:

AEW:

The tag match was fun.

My guess is that they are doubling down on Candice being paired with Johnny because they're about to feud with Killer Cross and Scarlet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureBliss View Post
    Bart Gunn was Bart Gunn. a mediocre, at best, wrestler with zero personality. when you have to be carried by Billy Gunn to make a semi watchable team you know it isnt good. Nothing would have worked with him.
    I have seen so many average in ring wrestlers get huge pushes, so I just don't believe that. Would he have been a big name... Hell no. Could he have had a decent run, sure he could have.

In that era of wrestling , many fans cared more about gimmick than work rate.
    Last edited by HUTHAIFA; 04-09-2020 at 05:58 AM.

Ultimate Member

I have seen so many average in ring wrestlers get huge pushes, so I just don't believe that. Would he have been a big name... Hell no. Could he have had a decent run, sure he could have.

Quoted for truth.

Rocky Maivia was a pretty silly gimmick but managed to morph into the Rock. Even Al Snow (i.e Leif Cassidy) got over by carrying a mannequin head everywhere. And that’s not even considering guys like JBL or The Godfather they got over with different, wilder gimmicks in the attitude era.

There was a ton of stuff they could have done with Bart Gunn. His biggest mistake was knocking out and injuring Dr Death.

Though I don't necessarily agree how he was handled, I can't say he's at the top of my list of guys the WWE should have necessarily pushed.

While I agree that work rate isn't the deciding factor at that point in time (or now for that matter), I'm not sure Bart Gunn necessarily shined in any particular aspect. Medicore look, mediocre in-ring ability, mediocre mic skills, mediocre personality. Could he have pulled off some sort of bad @$$ MMA-ish legit figher gimmick? I'm iffy about it. I would agree they probably should have tried to make lemonade out of lemons here... but I can't entirely disagree if management decided there were better options in the lockeroom to invest their time on either.

I guess my point would be while I don't agree with how things were handled, IMO he wasn't good enough for me to particularly care that much that WWE cut their loses. He was a fairly mediocre sports entertainer that probably would end up in the same place regardless of what they did. It wasn't a case of the WWE blowing it by not seeing this guys potential... I just don't see there happened to be a whole lot of potential to see in the first place.