Page 1055 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 5555595510051045105110521053105410551056105710581059106511051155 ... LastLast
Results 15,811 to 15,825 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Whoa the E just granted the Revival their releases. So happy for these guys and can't wait for what's next.
    They're contract was close to being up anyway. Given the situation with the pandemic, it does make them look like the "nice guy" for allowing them to go out and get work.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Taker gets booed when he plays the heel. He doesn't when he plays the tweener. Same with Balor. When he cheap shotted Gargano, he was booed.

To be a bad guy, you have to do something bad.

It's funny. Ric Flair was known as the Dirtiest Player In The Game not the most Dominant in the game. Charlotte adopts nearly everything from Ric, but the one thing that made him the best damn heel in the business. I don't think it's her fault. Vince seems to have amnesia about what a good guy and a bad guy are sometimes.Charlotte should cheat because she likes to, not because she has to. It what makes her a "bad" person. I don't ever want Charlotte to play a chicken bleep heel. She is too good for that. But a completely disrespectful and short cutting heel works perfectly for her.
    Ric and Charlotee are just different.

Ric was never the biggest or the strongest or the most athletic, so he wasn't necessarily going to be the most physically dominant wrestler. Charlotte conversely is bigger and more athletic than most of her peers. She's effectively one of the "big men" of the womans division. THe closest parallel I can think of off the top of my head is Bobby Lashley in IMpact (not the WWE version). She's bigger and stronger while still being just as athletic and technically sound as almost anyone she gets in the ring with. And you don't necessarily get the name Walking Armageddon by winning matches with your feet on the ropes (though it can still happen). She like Bobby Lashley in Impact can actually back up what she says.

If it's ever a problem with Charlotte to the point that she can't generate heat then it's an easy fix but I don't think it is or will be. She seems more than capable of getting the fans to either cheer or boo her, so I think she'll be fine as far as crowd heat goes. In NXT simply the fact that she's an outside I think will get her all the heat she needs.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    They're contract was close to being up anyway. Given the situation with the pandemic, it does make them look like the "nice guy" for allowing them to go out and get work.
    If it were someone lower on the card than the Revival I might actually argue it was doing a diservice to them to let them go. It's much harder to find indy work or work work in Japan or mexico right now... guranteed money from the WWE probably is your safest bet in the current enviroment.

But I'm 100% certain certain the Revival will get scooped up by AEW, so they're good.

Even if there is the standard 90-Day clause, there's nothing really running except WWE and AEW right now, so it's not like it will hurt them. If anything, maybe in 90 days we might be able to get crowds back in arenas (at least in some limited capacity) and they can actually debut somewhere to a pop like Hardy and Lee weren't able to.

I don't want to jump on the generic "Go to AEW" train, but I do hope they at least pop in even if for a limited time just so we can get the inevitable Bucks/Revival match. It's already built over the years and the match itself should be great.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Ric and Charlotee are just different.

Ric was never the biggest or the strongest or the most athletic, so he wasn't necessarily going to be the most physically dominant wrestler. Charlotte conversely is bigger and more athletic than most of her peers. She's effectively one of the "big men" of the womans division. THe closest parallel I can think of off the top of my head is Bobby Lashley in IMpact (not the WWE version). She's bigger and stronger while still being just as athletic and technically sound as almost anyone she gets in the ring with. And you don't necessarily get the name Walking Armageddon by winning matches with your feet on the ropes (though it can still happen). She like Bobby Lashley in Impact can actually back up what she says.

If it's ever a problem with Charlotte to the point that she can't generate heat then it's an easy fix but I don't think it is or will be. She seems more than capable of getting the fans to either cheer or boo her, so I think she'll be fine as far as crowd heat goes. In NXT simply the fact that she's an outside I think will get her all the heat she needs.
    You are focusing on what's best for Charlotte and not the division/show.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Even if there is the standard 90-Day clause, there's nothing really running except WWE and AEW right now, so it's not like it will hurt them. If anything, maybe in 90 days we might be able to get crowds back in arenas (at least in some limited capacity) and they can actually debut somewhere to a pop like Hardy and Lee weren't able to.

I don't want to jump on the generic "Go to AEW" train, but I do hope they at least pop in even if for a limited time just so we can get the inevitable Bucks/Revival match. It's already built over the years and the match itself should be great.
    Are there any recent WWE releases who haven't jumped to AEW?

Shawn Spears, Moxley, Matt Hardy, and Lee did. The only people I can think of off the top of my head who hasn't is Sin Cara and Emma. There's probably more and I just can't think of it because they're out of the spotlight.

Astonishing Member

I am interested on what is actually done with the Revival. I have not really been impressed by their push of new talent.

I am also interested on when Brian Cage joins AEW.

You are focusing on what's best for Charlotte and not the division/show.
    I don't agree with that.

Just because you're a heel does not mean you need to cheat to win. There is such a thing as a dominant heel. WCW Vader often won clean. Undertaker as a heel often won clean. Early Samoa Joe in Impact often won clean. Heels aren't above cheating if they need to... but they can be perfectly capable of actually being good enough to win matches too.

If Samoa Joe as a heel ( I know he's a face right now but lets pretend he wasn't because I think he's a decent parallel to Charlotte) needed to cheat to beat say Cedric Alexander or Apollo Crews, I think it would almost make Joe look bad without necessarily doing a whole lot of good for the show of the division. Joe can get away with it against top stars, but to be reliant on it after a certain point makes him look bad without necessarily doing anyone else any favors. Joe can still be a heel and win matches clean... hes' good enough a sports entertainer to draw whatever heat he needs anytime he wants. If Joe were brought down to NXT as a heel, he'd probably win plenty of matches clean and he probably should. Just like Balor is. And I'd say the same for Charlotte.

Astonishing Member

I am interested on what is actually done with the Revival. I have not really been impressed by their push of new talent.

I am also interested on when Brian Cage joins AEW.
    I'm a big Revival fan. But at least in terms of recent WWE releases, I think they have the least to be upset about. They were used, being put in long matches had decent (admittedly not great) pushes. At least they were getting TV time even if it was sometimes as a comedy heel duo.

But I'll follow them where-ever they go regardless. Hopefully they get the kind of creative freedom that they want.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Are there any recent WWE releases who haven't jumped to AEW?

Shawn Spears, Moxley, Matt Hardy, and Lee did. The only people I can think of off the top of my head who hasn't is Sin Cara and Emma. There's probably more and I just can't think of it because they're out of the spotlight.
    The Ascension. Who knows where their future lies.

Ultimate Member

Charlotte in NXT does nothing for the division. She doesn't move ratings, and after two years of Shayna they don't need to have another "heat" heel champion already.

All it's going to do is undercut everyone else if she starts beating them. For example, Io's on a roll and the most over woman they have. Plus they brought up her failing to win the belt several times before. Finally crowning her makes total sense at this point. She gains nothing from losing to Charlotte right now.

WrestleMania was a step back for NXT if anything.
    Last edited by Punisher007; 04-10-2020 at 11:13 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The Ascension. Who knows where their future lies.
    They would work on Impact or NWA.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm a big Revival fan. But at least in terms of recent WWE releases, I think they have the least to be upset about. They were used, being put in long matches had decent (admittedly not great) pushes. At least they were getting TV time even if it was sometimes as a comedy heel duo.

But I'll follow them where-ever they go regardless. Hopefully they get the kind of creative freedom that they want.
    They have plenty to complain about. They are a tag team in a company that doesn't give a shit about tag team wrestling. It's hard to succeed at the thing your company sees no value in. It's not being given the belts improve their standing with the company whatsoever.

Ultimate Member

AEW or NWA would use them far better I think. NJPW is weak in it's tag division as well, but putting the belts on Tanahashi and Ibushi, might mean that they're finally read to start taking it more seriously.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Charlotte in NXT does nothing for the division. She doesn't move ratings, and after two years of Shayna they don't need to have another "heat" heel champion already.

All it's going to do is undercut everyone else if she starts beating them. For example, Io's on a roll and the most over woman they have. Plus they brought up her failing to win the belt several times before. Finally crowning her makes total sense at this point. She gains nothing from losing to Charlotte right now.
    Honestly, I would be move Io to Smackdown. She is too good not be in the championship picture. Charlotte is not losing til Rhea gets back , then Rhea is going to hold the belt for awhile after that. That's like 6 months before we might get Io with the belt.

Shayna played a heel. She had henchwomen. She enjoyed inflicting pain.

That's not what Charlotte does. She says she is the best, and proves it. That means that the NXT roster is going to be served up to her for awhile. So no one gets over. Unless they actually let her be a heel for what she does and not how she is booked.