Page 1057 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 5755795710071047105310541055105610571058105910601061106711071157 ... LastLast
Results 15,841 to 15,855 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't have a huge problem with that.

Fiend deserves to be in the title scene again, given he dropped the belt and never got another shot at it. And it's a good credible high profile opponent for Braun. And I'm sure Bray wil make the build up interesting enough. There's some history to play with there too, which is always nice.

Match itself probably won't be great, but really none of Brauns matches are.

I think the question mark is whether or not Bray will win the belt again. Braun might have just been a transitional champ to get the belt off of Goldberg. I can totally see Fiend winning it and keeping it until Roman in ready to return. But then again, maybe Braun deserves a shot.
    Neither of them need this. Both guys are recovering from having their characters derailed. Don't put guys who can't afford a loss against each other.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Neither of them need this. Both guys are recovering from having their characters derailed. Don't put guys who can't afford a loss against each other.
    Honestly, given that the Fiend has taken high profile losses without really slowing down, I'm pretty sure he can afford a loss

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Honestly, given that the Fiend has taken high profile losses without really slowing down, I'm pretty sure he can afford a loss
    I disagree.The only reason he was able to recover from the Goldbreg lost was becasuse they feed Cena to him.Him losing now kills that momentum.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

It feels like Roman is essentially retired until a vaccine is available.
    While I wouldn't go *that* far, but he definitely needs to put his health and his family above the business.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Well, she needs to be a cheating heel and not just have the whole division tap out to her. You can't bury everyone for not being as good as you and then prove it by submitting everyone and be an effective heel.
    Don’t worry about that, she will switch from heel to face several times anyways, is she actually a heel now??

Besides, you can’t have Charlotte lose to anybody now because what will be left for that person to do 5yrs from now where as Charlotte on top still hasn’t gotten old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    So what are the odds theyll have a heel Cena cost Bran the title?

Speaking of, cena has proven yet again to be the most unselfish main event guy in the history of the wwe.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    Don’t worry about that, she will switch from heel to face several times anyways, is she actually a heel now??

Besides, you can’t have Charlotte lose to anybody now because what will be left for that person to do 5yrs from now where as Charlotte on top still hasn’t gotten old.

Speaking of, cena has proven yet again to be the most unselfish main event guy in the history of the wwe.
    Cena is a Bizarro hulk hogan.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

Agreed 1000% on Cena.

Not many guys in his position would agree to the shenanigans of the Firefly funhouse match.

IMO, Charlotte’s booking is the exact opposite way to build up and make stars. Charlotte is a top person but no one is getting the rub off her if she constantly beats people with no reversal in results. That’s not making stars, that’s actively cutting off their legs to make Charlotte look better. If everyone climbs the ladder to only lose to Charlotte- clean, no less and by submission, then it means no one but Charlotte matters.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So Jim Cornette tried to defend the whole way Bart Gunn was done after he won Brawl for All. That there was no conspiracy to derail Bart Gunn. Because no one expected Bart to even win anything so no one knew what to do with him. Because the company and everyone thought that Doctor Death would win this. That if you told everyone about it , this tournament was built for Doc to win.

He claims there was no fix in for it to make Doctor Death win (which is absurd given how they changed brackets to push Doctor Death at Bart and put him in this promoting him for it). That everyone in the company felt in a shoot fight Doc who had a reputation would win it very easy. Except as we saw the rules of it was really against Williams. He was forced to wear boxing gloves and the whole weird take down system had him at a disadvantage.

The company he claims had no way of pushing anyone besides Doc who was in this and he believes that this cost the company at least $5 million in PPV revenue as the build for it was. Also he feels that Bart was able to use this in Japan as we saw and had a decent run there for a few years.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Agreed 1000% on Cena.

Not many guys in his position would agree to the shenanigans of the Firefly funhouse match.

IMO, Charlotte’s booking is the exact opposite way to build up and make stars. Charlotte is a top person but no one is getting the rub off her if she constantly beats people with no reversal in results. That’s not making stars, that’s actively cutting off their legs to make Charlotte look better. If everyone climbs the ladder to only lose to Charlotte- clean, no less and by submission, then it means no one but Charlotte matters.
    Charlote got beat by Becky, Bayley, and Carmella. She doesn't lose often (something that can be said for most top WWE stars), but that means when she does lose it means something. Becky is in the same boat. You can count the number of clean loses she has had one one one with one hand since becoming the Man ... but that's just what you would expect from a top star. It's not like the Austin put over that many people at the height of his run either. Or Cena at his height. Or Roman. That's the normal way to book a main event talent.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Disagree. Are you counting the Hell in the Cell DQ has a loss? Keep in mind that wasn't well received neither. The fiend just got his momentum back and should maintain it.

Charlote got beat by Becky, Bayley, and Carmella. She doesn't lose often (something that can be said for most top WWE stars), but that means when she does lose it means something. Becky is in the same boat. You can count the number of clean loses she has had one one one with one hand since becoming the Man ... but that's just what you would expect from a top star. It's not like the Austin put over that many people at the height of his run either. Or Cena at his height. Or Roman. That's the normal way to book a main event talent.
    So many holes in this idk where to even start.

Ultimate Member

Becky being organically over and being treated as an afterthought to start. Charlotte's booking is more like Reign of Terror Triple H. But at least Hunter wasn't pushed to the top literally as soon as he came to WWF, he worked his way up, and never leave ever. Someone on reddit posted a chart of women with the most PPV title matches, and most PPV wins, and surprise surprise Charlotte is way out ahead of ANYONE in WWE history, by a lot. This is despite her never being anywhere close to the most popular at any point.

Charlotte represents the kind of "chosen one"philosophy that WWE has that fans are rebelling against these days.

Anyway, So what now for Asuka and Kairi I wonder? It feels like there's nowhere left for them to go.

As much as I'd not like to see another women's team split, they're both too good to just be stuck in limbo. Let them both do single's stuff I think.

Disagree. Are you counting the Hell in the Cell DQ has a loss? Keep in mind that wasn't well received neither. The fiend just got his momentum back and should maintain it.
    If their priority is to keep the Fiends momentum going (and quite honestly that's probably where it should be), have Fiend win.

Braun was just a last minute substitute to get the belt off of Goldberg anyways, and he wasn't getting much of a sustained push prior to that. It makes Braun a transitional champ, but it's not like he was even supposed to be in the title picture in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Becky being organically over and being treated as an afterthought to start. Charlotte's booking is more like Reign of Terror Triple H. But at least Hunter wasn't pushed to the top literally as soon as he came to WWF, he worked his way up, and never leave ever. Someone on reddit posted a chart of women with the most PPV title matches, and most PPV wins, and surprise surprise Charlotte is way out ahead of ANYONE in WWE history, by a lot. This is despite her never being anywhere close to the most popular at any point.

Charlotte represents the kind of "chosen one"philosophy that WWE has that fans are rebelling against these days.

Anyway, So what now for Asuka and Kairi I wonder? It feels like there's nowhere left for them to go.

As much as I'd not like to see another women's team split, they're both too good to just be stuck in limbo. Let them both do single's stuff I think.
    Charlotte absolutely is a "chosen" one... but I'd argue it's not much of a problem because she's good enough to be in that position. I think you can make a pretty good arguement that she consistantly puts out the best matches in the womans division. She's at least in the conversation. She's like a female Cena in that she can bring a "big match" feel to her feuds, and make them feel important to the crowd even when a title isn't involved.

Which isn't taking anything away from Becky, whose push was completely organic and who SHOULD have been pushed harder. Becky is the top female in the division and deserves that spot.

There's a reason Becky and Charlotte won their matches at WM. As hot as Rhea and Bazler were, they were ultimately going up against the 2 biggest female stars in the industry.

Ultimate Member

Those losses are few and far between. And she doesn't lose clean. Austin, Cena and Roman were faces, so that's just different.

Becky WAS in a complete different boat because it was something of a fan revolt (after losing to Charlotte again) that propped her up. Then she ran with it and became arguably the most over superstar in the company.

You can't have a heel wrestler (or tweener or whatever she is now) constantly and consistently win matches clean and by submission. It makes the faces look weak and Charlotte stronger and stronger.

That's the complete opposite of how to build up the division.