Page 1062 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 6256296210121052105810591060106110621063106410651066107211121162 ... LastLast
Results 15,916 to 15,930 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    They've announced who's in the Cruiserweight tournament

Group A: Kushida, Tony Nese, Jack Atlas, Drake Maverick
    Group B: Akira tozawa, Swerve Scott, Jack Gallagher, El Hijo De Fantasma

I saw someone say that the Fiend only wrestles with people Bray's feuded with before, and that's why Wyatt was the one to wrestle Miz. Course the Goldberg stuff kind of dampens that
    They are letting Jake Atlas out early. I don't they would wait a little longer. It's not like he can't go though.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Love Corny, but that's bull. If Williams had won, I can guarantee he would not have ended up with Butter Bean. Just give Bart the same storyline you would have given Williams . They do this all the time, when somebody gets hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They couldn't do that. As Jim said, Bart was a guy the company presented as an underneath guy for 5 years. He beat a bunch of other underneath guys in a series of matches that never got over. He said the people would have never brought him going against Austin. Bart getting William's push would be like Jinder's main-event push from 3 years ago.
    It would have taken extensive work for sure to rehab Bart Gunn as a bad ass really after it. But the company could have taken him being a dangerous punch guy (give him the heart punch finisher ..that Bart is legit hurting people with it) and go from there. It would take some months but fantasy wise...

- Bart Gunn after winning the tournament the next week on RAW is presented with a trophy. During the presentation Bart cuts a heel promo , "You all , everyone of you in this company and you fans thought your heroes Doctor Death or John Bradshaw would win this. Hell you even thought Godfather would. But I knocked their asses out. I been held back by this company for 2-3 years , told to know my place. I don't need to hold anyones place anymore. Now WWF Universe you can kiss my rings bitch." (Bart has a special knockout ring set made for his hand)

- Jim Cornette comes out and tells Bart he's still a team with Bombastic Bob and plugs the Midnight Express , Bart acts to nod and then as Jim turns his back he lays out Bob Holly with the special ring (busting him open). Jim turns and eats the same punch as he gets busted open. "I don't follow old has beens around anymore. I am going to the top of the company and I'll knock everyone out or make em bleed !"

- After finishing off Holly in a program you keep building Bart up as he takes the name "Dangerous" Bart Gunn as he ends up going into mid/card where he becomes more animalistic using chairs , cow rope , cow bell and special hand ring he carries to beat and bloody guys. Bart takes the name after beating Ken Shamrock in a parking lot brawl and leaving him laying to win. You tease the Austin deal early but you tease it for 1999. "You think I'm scared of your stupid ass jewelry Bart ? You think Stone Cold cares you been busting guys open and knockin em on their asses...get in line when your ready."

- As Bart wins over guys he starts taking trophies to show off in vignettes. He steals one of the Godfathers vests , he steals Jim Cornette's tennis racket , he takes Holly's hair and comically he details he took Shamrock's name as he is now The Most Dangerous Man on planet. This leads to him winning IC Title and remaking it in his persona.

- As 1999 leads into Wrestlemania Doctor Death is healthy and wanting revenge. Doctor Death brings up how Bart beat him his hamstring being bad and now he's ready. Bart in his biggest match beats Doctor Death in a TLC match where both men nearly beat each other to death. In the end Bart proclaims , he stole Williams legacy . Now he's ready for his NEXT STEP.

- The King of the Ring winner will get a WWF World title match. Bart claims Austin's been running and ducking him since he won the Brawl for All and was supposed to get a title shot. Austin and him now start their build as he confronts Bart and the 2 have to be held apart. In a shock to no one Bart wins King of the Ring and gets his Summerslam title match. Where he nearly wins. He is supposed to face him at Unforgiven but we see him take Austin out backstage (Steve would have his neck surgery done earlier in time line than wait til Survivor Series)

- End result while never winning the WWF World title then in 1999 , by this point you have spent months building and creating a new heel persona of Bart Gunn. From August 1998 to April 1999 you give him the big wins as you build from mid/upper card. After this you have a heel who can be in upper card and be a star. How long he can run the dangerous angle taking peoples things will only go so far.

This also would save us the horrible push of Mr. Ass who fizzled as a main event heel if anyone remembers as he won King of Ring 1999. (The Rock would literally destroy him on a promo made as we all know)

-
    - But the company could have turned this into a chance to do something with a young talent. Its just Vince got pissed at Bart for winning the tournament he was told he could compete in fairly. (I'm sure if someone said , hey Bart we need you to put over Doctor Death here and make it look legit...he would have)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

To be frank, The Firefly Funhouse made Bray look more dominant than any proper match win could. The point of a win is to restore a character's credibility, and since the Fiend is a supernatural character, the Firefly Funhouse does that in spades. After seeing that, it's hard to believe anyone can get a clean win over him

Furthermore, the Fiend's focus on psychologically tormenting his foes gives him a built in protection from losses, since the implication in most of them is that he just lets himself lose whenever it's convenient for his mind games.
    but it wasn't a match. it was a segment that dug into the pasts and careers of both bray and cena.

let me put it like this.

when kane was introduced back in the attitude era, he was this giant of a monster. a masked demon from the undertaker's past who he was afraid of facing. so afraid in fact, that he ran over the entire roster, just appearing randomly on raw, beating up any wrestler, heel or face, who just happened to be in the ring with him. and this went on for months, with both wrestlers and comms asking and begging taker to fight his brother and end the this reign of terror. and in the end, the two would final face off at WM 14, thus starting their legendary feud.

now imagine if instead of taker being kane for the first time, it was bob Backlund. bob, who was in his 50s and well past his prime. imagine if it was bob who not only beat kane but made him tap to the crossface chicken wing in under five minutes and it wasn't even applied correctly.

that's what happened with the fiend. he went from having these long, grueling battles with guys like seth Rollins, Finn balor and daniel Bryan, no selling damn near anything those guys could throw at him and just not being able to stop him..........to losing in under 5 minutes to a 50+ year old man and a shitty suplex. not the jackhammer. a suplex. how exactly can anyone see the fiend as scary if he gets beaten like that? not only that but after he got squashed by Goldberg, he didn't get a rematch or try to get back into the title hunt. he just moved on and didn't seem to care anymore.

this feud with Braun isn't the way to build him back up. and it's gonna hurt him in the end since whoever wins, they are still gonna drop the belt back to roman when he comes back.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It would have taken extensive work for sure to rehab Bart Gunn as a bad ass really after it. But the company could have taken him being a dangerous punch guy (give him the heart punch finisher ..that Bart is legit hurting people with it) and go from there. It would take some months but fantasy wise...

- Bart Gunn after winning the tournament the next week on RAW is presented with a trophy. During the presentation Bart cuts a heel promo , "You all , everyone of you in this company and you fans thought your heroes Doctor Death or John Bradshaw would win this. Hell you even thought Godfather would. But I knocked their asses out. I been held back by this company for 2-3 years , told to know my place. I don't need to hold anyones place anymore. Now WWF Universe you can kiss my rings bitch." (Bart has a special knockout ring set made for his hand)

- Jim Cornette comes out and tells Bart he's still a team with Bombastic Bob and plugs the Midnight Express , Bart acts to nod and then as Jim turns his back he lays out Bob Holly with the special ring (busting him open). Jim turns and eats the same punch as he gets busted open. "I don't follow old has beens around anymore. I am going to the top of the company and I'll knock everyone out or make em bleed !"

- After finishing off Holly in a program you keep building Bart up as he takes the name "Dangerous" Bart Gunn as he ends up going into mid/card where he becomes more animalistic using chairs , cow rope , cow bell and special hand ring he carries to beat and bloody guys. Bart takes the name after beating Ken Shamrock in a parking lot brawl and leaving him laying to win. You tease the Austin deal early but you tease it for 1999. "You think I'm scared of your stupid ass jewelry Bart ? You think Stone Cold cares you been busting guys open and knockin em on their asses...get in line when your ready."

- As Bart wins over guys he starts taking trophies to show off in vignettes. He steals one of the Godfathers vests , he steals Jim Cornette's tennis racket , he takes Holly's hair and comically he details he took Shamrock's name as he is now The Most Dangerous Man on planet. This leads to him winning IC Title and remaking it in his persona.

- As 1999 leads into Wrestlemania Doctor Death is healthy and wanting revenge. Doctor Death brings up how Bart beat him his hamstring being bad and now he's ready. Bart in his biggest match beats Doctor Death in a TLC match where both men nearly beat each other to death. In the end Bart proclaims , he stole Williams legacy . Now he's ready for his NEXT STEP.

- The King of the Ring winner will get a WWF World title match. Bart claims Austin's been running and ducking him since he won the Brawl for All and was supposed to get a title shot. Austin and him now start their build as he confronts Bart and the 2 have to be held apart. In a shock to no one Bart wins King of the Ring and gets his Summerslam title match. Where he nearly wins. He is supposed to face him at Unforgiven but we see him take Austin out backstage (Steve would have his neck surgery done earlier in time line than wait til Survivor Series)

- End result while never winning the WWF World title then in 1999 , by this point you have spent months building and creating a new heel persona of Bart Gunn. From August 1998 to April 1999 you give him the big wins as you build from mid/upper card. After this you have a heel who can be in upper card and be a star. How long he can run the dangerous angle taking peoples things will only go so far.

This also would save us the horrible push of Mr. Ass who fizzled as a main event heel if anyone remembers as he won King of Ring 1999. (The Rock would literally destroy him on a promo made as we all know)

-
    - But the company could have turned this into a chance to do something with a young talent. Its just Vince got pissed at Bart for winning the tournament he was told he could compete in fairly. (I'm sure if someone said , hey Bart we need you to put over Doctor Death here and make it look legit...he would have)
    Being a singles guy is not his strength. He's a tag guy and that's where his biggest strength lie. Even in Japan where he had most of his success he did it as a tag guy. I feel that pushing Bart as a single would be as ill fated as when Billy Gunn went up against the Rock.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Being a singles guy is not his strength. He's a tag guy and that's where his biggest strength lie. Even in Japan where he had most of his success he did it as a tag guy. I feel that pushing Bart as a single would be as ill fated as when Billy Gunn went up against the Rock.
    You may have to get Bart a manager to handle most of the talking now that you think about it. But they could have done this and worked it well enough. They would need to get him a mouth piece to handle most of mic work and let Bart chime in and develop awhile persona wise.

They would have to work with him a lot to develop sure. But they were handed something and could have rolled with it to see what happens.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    but it wasn't a match. it was a segment that dug into the pasts and careers of both bray and cena.

let me put it like this.

when kane was introduced back in the attitude era, he was this giant of a monster. a masked demon from the undertaker's past who he was afraid of facing. so afraid in fact, that he ran over the entire roster, just appearing randomly on raw, beating up any wrestler, heel or face, who just happened to be in the ring with him. and this went on for months, with both wrestlers and comms asking and begging taker to fight his brother and end the this reign of terror. and in the end, the two would final face off at WM 14, thus starting their legendary feud.

now imagine if instead of taker being kane for the first time, it was bob Backlund. bob, who was in his 50s and well past his prime. imagine if it was bob who not only beat kane but made him tap to the crossface chicken wing in under five minutes and it wasn't even applied correctly.

that's what happened with the fiend. he went from having these long, grueling battles with guys like seth Rollins, Finn balor and daniel Bryan, no selling damn near anything those guys could throw at him and just not being able to stop him..........to losing in under 5 minutes to a 50+ year old man and a shitty suplex. not the jackhammer. a suplex. how exactly can anyone see the fiend as scary if he gets beaten like that? not only that but after he got squashed by Goldberg, he didn't get a rematch or try to get back into the title hunt. he just moved on and didn't seem to care anymore.

this feud with Braun isn't the way to build him back up. and it's gonna hurt him in the end since whoever wins, they are still gonna drop the belt back to roman when he comes back.
    No, the Firefly Funhouse match was a match. It may not have been a traditional match, but it was still a match. Bray absolutely dominated Cena in a way that no regular match could ever portray. The Fiend has never looked more Dominant than he does now

No, the Firefly Funhouse match was a match. It may not have been a traditional match, but it was still a match. Bray absolutely dominated Cena in a way that no regular match could ever portray. The Fiend has never looked more Dominant than he does now
    there was no bell, no action, barely any wrestling and no ref. it was a segment and a very good segment at that but it wasn't a match. even within the realm of cinematic matches like the broken universe stuff, it was lacking.

and what's the point of looking dominate over cena these days? he's damn near retired and hasn't wrestled a full match in years. this really didn't do much of anything for bray, other than getting his win back from 6 years ago, which in and of itself was just a consolation prize after oldberg screwed him over at the blood money show.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

As much as I loved the funhouse it wasn't a match. Nothing about it was a competitive contest.

Extraordinary Member

there was no bell, no action, barely any wrestling and no ref. it was a segment and a very good segment at that but it wasn't a match. even within the realm of cinematic matches like the broken universe stuff, it was lacking.

and what's the point of looking dominate over cena these days? he's damn near retired and hasn't wrestled a full match in years. this really didn't do much of anything for bray, other than getting his win back from 6 years ago, which in and of itself was just a consolation prize after oldberg screwed him over at the blood money show.
    1. Cena is still considered to be a strong wrestler among the mainstream audience
    2. It was still a fight. It was simply so one sided that Cena didn't stand a chance.
    3. The shit Bray pulls off in the Firefly Funhouse essentially means that any loss he takes is a loss that he chooses to take, something that's already consistent with his character thus far

Astonishing Member

Cena is an attraction, but he also was squashed by the Undertaker at Wrestlemania as well. From a kayfabe standpoint (and to the casual audience who really only watches Cena lose these days) it shouldn't hot shot anyone to title contention.

1. Cena is still considered to be a strong wrestler among the mainstream audience
    2. It was still a fight. It was simply so one sided that Cena didn't stand a chance.
    3. The shit Bray pulls off in the Firefly Funhouse essentially means that any loss he takes is a loss that he chooses to take, something that's already consistent with his character thus far
    1: the last full match cena had was with taker and it was a utter squash. like titanfan said above, to modern audiences, cena has only been losing these days.

2: there were only two wrestling moves in the whole segment: a sister Abigail and a mandible claw. contray to what Goldberg would like you to believe, two moves do not a match makes. even when compared to other cinematic matches, it's by far the weakest of the bunch.

3: by that logic, the fiend should've never had the UT or even been in contention for it. so he chose to not lose to db, seth and Finn but just decided he wanted to lose to Goldberg with no real explanation on why he decided to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Cena is an attraction, but he also was squashed by the Undertaker at Wrestlemania as well. From a kayfabe standpoint (and to the casual audience who really only watches Cena lose these days) it shouldn't hot shot anyone to title contention.
    Since he never got a rematch with Goldberg, he theoretically should be in title contention anyways though. I realize that there's no longer an automatic rematch clause in the WWE, but the former champ in theory should still be in the conversation.

Extraordinary Member

1: the last full match cena had was with taker and it was a utter squash. like titanfan said above, to modern audiences, cena has only been losing these days.

2: there were only two wrestling moves in the whole segment: a sister Abigail and a mandible claw. contray to what Goldberg would like you to believe, two moves do not a match makes. even when compared to other cinematic matches, it's by far the weakest of the bunch.

3: by that logic, the fiend should've never had the UT or even been in contention for it. so he chose to not lose to db, seth and Finn but just decided he wanted to lose to Goldberg with no real explanation on why he decided to do so?
    1. Fair
    2. Yeah, becuase at no point could Cena fight back. Bray was in control the entire time. It was a complete and utter domination of Cena.

1. Fair
    2. Yeah, becuase at no point could Cena fight back. Bray was in control the entire time. It was a complete and utter domination of Cena.
    yes but it wasn't a match. it was a trippy mind fuck of a segment and you can't say that he beat cena since there was no bell and no ref. and again, what's the point of dominating cena of all people? sure it gave him his win back but all it was was bray beating one part timer after getting squashed by another part timer.

Extraordinary Member

yes but it wasn't a match. it was a trippy mind fuck of a segment and you can't say that he beat cena since there was no bell and no ref. and again, what's the point of dominating cena of all people? sure it gave him his win back but all it was was bray beating one part timer after getting squashed by another part timer.
    Yes, I damn well can say that he beat Cena, because they got into a fight, and Cena lost. It doesn't matter that 'It wasn't a match' because it made Bray look like an unbeatable demon from Hell.

I don't give a fuck that it wasn't a match. It made Bray look better than any match ever could make him look