Page 1065 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 6556596510151055106110621063106410651066106710681069107511151165 ... LastLast
Results 15,961 to 15,975 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Honestly I think an ambulance Match or a Coffin Match would be a more damaging loss than what I proposed, and a Ladder match wouldn't be playing to Braun's strengths.

The point of this feud should be to turn Braun match into the thing that initially got him over, a superhuman monster who revels in destruction. Hence having the blow off be a cinematic match that involves Braun going on a rampage. The stip that works best for that would be "Falls count anywhere.".
    Bray gets put in a coffin.They open up the coffin to find, he isn't in it. That's supernatural wrestler 101

Bray eating a pin takes from the Fiend being an unstoppable monster who you are lucky to survive.

Honestly, I don't even do this match. I don't do the Rollins or Goldberg match either.

A Last Man Standing match gives you brutality and you can work a finish where Braun throws Bray off something, and Bray never comes out.

Ultimate Member

I’m somewhere in the middle with The Fiend. Having him lose questionably ordinarily shouldn’t hurt him but the fact that he just lost clean to “Oldberg” has to be a consideration.

They should use cues from the Undertaker’s initial push. He never lost clean to Hulk Hogan and when he lost to the Ultimate Warrior, it was in a gimmick match and was a good while after. Having the Fiend lose to Braun after losing so quickly to Oldberg doesn’t really help him. Especially after no selling Bryan and Rollins entirely.

Personally, i wouldn’t have paired up Braun and Bray so quickly. Neither of them need to lose now. Braun should have entered a place holder feud before feuding with Bray.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

anyone who was around in 2011 remembers that photo.

it's amazing how much we all felt good about the future of the company with one photo. little did we know that it was never gonna be that hopeful ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

it's amazing how much we all felt good about the future of the company with one photo. little did we know that it was never gonna be that hopeful ever again.
    I remember the Raw after when they had an in-ring promo with Punk and Bryan, and they brought out Ryder and did this mini-celebration sort of thing.

So much potential wasted.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Honestly I'm just as hopeful now as I was then. I think NXT pretty much gurantees we'll have talent for the futre.

I'd argue the current crop of champions (ie Drew, Andrade, Becky, Street Profits, Sami, Miz/Morrison, Bayley, Cole, Keith, Bruiser Weights) are comparatively just as good or better than the ones in 2011 except for Braun.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I remember the Raw after when they had an in-ring promo with Punk and Bryan, and they brought out Ryder and did this mini-celebration sort of thing.

So much potential wasted.
    Honestly I never saw the big deal in Ryder.

He's better than average in the ring and for a window of time to his credit he did legit manage to get himself over on his own... but I can't think of a single great match Ryder has ever had, and honestly I found his mic work and overall gimmick kind of annoying.

Astonishing Member

The talent is way better now than in 2011, no wrestling roster has ever been as talented as modern day WWE.

What was the wasted potential? They couldn't help it that Brian got injured, Punk saw himself out of the door--I feel that was going to happen regardless. Beth Phoenix got married but is still around.

Kofi is killing it. Cody is killing it, just not in WWE, and we wouldn't have AEW if he liked his WWE booking.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I'm just as hopeful now as I was then. I think NXT pretty much gurantees we'll have talent for the futre.

I'd argue the current crop of champions (ie Drew, Andrade, Becky, Street Profits, Sami, Miz/Morrison, Bayley, Cole, Keith, Bruiser Weights) are comparatively just as good or better than the ones in 2011 except for Braun.
    I am right there with you on that.How NXT is run is the future. Vince and Dunn days are numbered.

Hell, the difference on how the women's division is treated now compared to 2011 is night and day.
    Last edited by HUTHAIFA; 04-13-2020 at 10:45 AM.

I'd have more optimism if Vince didn't have a 50/50 average with NXT call ups. Even those that do get a good push end up losing almost everything that got them over in NXT. Sometimes for the better (Becky), sometimes for the worse (Bayley). It's inconsistent.

Honestly I never saw the big deal in Ryder.

He's better than average in the ring and for a window of time to his credit he did legit manage to get himself over on his own... but I can't think of a single great match Ryder has ever had, and honestly I found his mic work and overall gimmick kind of annoying.
    I'm not a gigantic fan of his either, but the guy was insanely over, was doing the online stuff well before WWE grabbed onto it and beat it into unconsciousness, and Vince did nothing except throw a belt on him for about a month just to say "Hey, We Listen!" before doing everything in his power to kill it off.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    What was the wasted potential? They couldn't help it that Brian got injured, Punk saw himself out of the door--I feel that was going to happen regardless. Beth Phoenix got married but is still around.
    Bryan's injury wasn't for another 3 years. After this photo was the whole "18 seconds" thing that blew up in the WWE's face and made him even more over. Punk spent the rest of his reign playing second fiddle to Cena, Big Show and friggin' John Laurinaitis until he turned heel, despite having great matches with Jericho and Bryan. His handling in this run was part of the frustrations he listed as to why he quit the company. Ryder and Air Boom both lost their belts within a month of this photo taken place. Cody was shifted into a makeshift tag team with Sandow. Beth quit the company in frustration later that year.

You can always look back now with context, but the history of those in the photo right after the time it was taken isn't exactly welcoming.

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

I'd have more optimism if Vince didn't have a 50/50 average with NXT call ups. Even those that do get a good push end up losing almost everything that got them over in NXT. Sometimes for the better (Becky), sometimes for the worse (Bayley). It's inconsistent.

I'm not a gigantic fan of his either, but the guy was insanely over, was doing the online stuff well before WWE grabbed onto it and beat it into unconsciousness, and Vince did nothing except throw a belt on him for about a month just to say "Hey, We Listen!" before doing everything in his power to kill it off.

Bryan's injury wasn't for another 3 years. After this photo was the whole "18 seconds" thing that blew up in the WWE's face and made him even more over. Punk spent the rest of his reign playing second fiddle to Cena, Big Show and friggin' John Laurinaitis until he turned heel, despite having great matches with Jericho and Bryan. His handling in this run was part of the frustrations he listed as to why he quit the company. Ryder and Air Boom both lost their belts within a month of this photo taken place. Cody was shifted into a makeshift tag team with Sandow. Beth quit the company in frustration later that year.

You can always look back now with context, but the history of those in the photo right after the time it was taken isn't exactly welcoming.
    Punk played second fiddle to Cena (which with all due respect was justifiably... Cena is any promotions wet dream and almost anyone is going to play second fiddle to that), but I don't agree he played second fiddle to anyone else. He was still EASILY the number two guy in the company. Easily. That's not to say some of his booking wasn't questionable but overall he was pushed hard and got a lot of money and sucess from his WWE title run. I think he had some legit gripes with the company certainly... but wasting his potential wasn't one of them. He legit was the number two guy in the industry.

Punk played second fiddle to Cena (which with all due respect was justifiably... Cena is any promotions wet dream and almost anyone is going to play second fiddle to that), but I don't agree he played second fiddle to anyone else. He was still EASILY the number two guy in the company. Easily. That's not to say some of his booking wasn't questionable but overall he was pushed hard and got a lot of money and sucess from his WWE title run. I think he had some legit gripes with the company certainly... but wasting his potential wasn't one of them. He legit was the number two guy in the industry.
    Cena getting the main event of both the WWE and World Heavyweight championship is some Hogan-level nonsense. Cena headlining with the likes of Big Show, Kane and John Laurinaitis over two world titles is nonsense and does nothing to build new stars. It's the same garbage they always pull (note, I don't blame Cena here, but Vince), like they did a few years ago when they had Reigns and Joe main event over the WWE Title and people walked out on it. Then they wonder why people stop watching and no one cares about the new talent.

Including the one he won it on, Punk was champion for 15 ppvs. Of those 15, he was the main event in a whole 5 of them. Two of them were with Cena, and one The Rock (and that was just to set up Rock/Cena II, but it's forgiven because both Rock and Punk brought it hard in that feud). They never gave Punk the ball, they just had him hold it while the person they wanted to push didn't want to play with it.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    The talent is way better now than in 2011, no wrestling roster has ever been as talented as modern day WWE.

Kofi is killing it. Cody is killing it, just not in WWE, and we wouldn't have AEW if he liked his WWE booking.

The WWE has wasted talented workers for years. In watching a Smackdown from 2005 or 2006 ; Christian is killing it in a match and playing so great as a cocky heel for the potential Smackdown Title that was supposedly on the line. He turns and seconds later eats a clothesline from an over pushed boring Bradshaw who was killing the brand acting like JR Ewing. It spoke volumes to see this play out.

They would soon lose Christian , Kurt Angle , Booker T , Mick Foley and a couple others from 2005 to 2009. Here this was no different. They had talented guys in CM Punk , Bourne , Cody , etc. They then went about fucking them sideways with terrible booking and lost nearly everyone in that picture due to it. This process is gonna repeat again...and again...and again.

They have the biggest , most loaded roster the last decade but as we saw with Brock's burial of Kofi last year and Goldberg beating The Fiend they spent a long while building ...they will piss these folks away.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Cena getting the main event of both the WWE and World Heavyweight championship is some Hogan-level nonsense. Cena headlining with the likes of Big Show, Kane and John Laurinaitis over two world titles is nonsense and does nothing to build new stars. It's the same garbage they always pull (note, I don't blame Cena here, but Vince), like they did a few years ago when they had Reigns and Joe main event over the WWE Title and people walked out on it. Then they wonder why people stop watching and no one cares about the new talent.

Including the one he won it on, Punk was champion for 15 ppvs. Of those 15, he was the main event in a whole 5 of them. Two of them were with Cena, and one The Rock (and that was just to set up Rock/Cena II, but it's forgiven because both Rock and Punk brought it hard in that feud). They never gave Punk the ball, they just had him hold it while the person they wanted to push didn't want to play with it.
    Yes, Punk played second fiddle to Cena. Again, no one would dispute that. With or without the world title, Cena was THE main event.

I absolutely think it's fair to say that they never took the ball from Cena and gave it to Punk. Punk, as big as he was still was only the number 2 guy. But that's not the same thing as wasting him. Again, he was still a MASSIVE star that enjoyed a great deal of money and sucess in his run. Just less than John Cena. Could Punk at times have been booked better? Sure. But No one can dispute that Punk wasn't built up as a HUGE star even if he was still second to Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The WWE has wasted talented workers for years. In watching a Smackdown from 2005 or 2006 ; Christian is killing it in a match and playing so great as a cocky heel for the potential Smackdown Title that was supposedly on the line. He turns and seconds later eats a clothesline from an over pushed boring Bradshaw who was killing the brand acting like JR Ewing. It spoke volumes to see this play out.

They would soon lose Christian , Kurt Angle , Booker T , Mick Foley and a couple others from 2005 to 2009. Here this was no different. They had talented guys in CM Punk , Bourne , Cody , etc. They then went about fucking them sideways with terrible booking and lost nearly everyone in that picture due to it. This process is gonna repeat again...and again...and again.

They have the biggest , most loaded roster the last decade but as we saw with Brock's burial of Kofi last year and Goldberg beating The Fiend they spent a long while building ...they will piss these folks away.
    Not that I don't disagree Christian should have been pushed harder, but I disagree that JBL was boring. I think that was a sucessful case of WWE creating a star who I think can legitimately call himself a legend. He was a main event that eventually evolved into one of the best heel announcers of the modern era. JBL proved to be a very good investment.

It is 100% true that talent does leave the WWE... but that's actually a good thing, because that's how WWE creates new stars. I think Hogan and Warrior leaving created room for Bret and the Kliq. Bret and the Kliq leaving created room for Austin and the Rock. Austin and the Rock leaving created room for Cena. Cena leaving created room for Roman. etc etc. I think it's the natural cycle for the business, and it's actually a good thing because it helps keep things fresh.

I'm sure a good chunk of talent will leave WWE for AEW, and with that exodus means a lot of NXT talent coming onto the main roster will get opportunities they wouldn't otherwise get. WWE has a VERY stacked roster. Stacked to the point where a lot of the time opportunies are only created when people leave or get injured. If CM Punk never left, Seth Rollins might not have become the star he is today.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar