Page 1066 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 6656696610161056106210631064106510661067106810691070107611161166 ... LastLast
Results 15,976 to 15,990 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

I really think they should break up Cesaro, Zayn, and Nak.
    I feel like they are more valuable as singles
    Yeah, both Cesaro and Nakamura need mouthpieces literally and figuratively.

I would hook Nakamura with Paige. Turn Nak face.
    Hook up Lana with Cesaro.
    I would have Zayn still have a stable but with guys who got his persona as an annoying Social Justice Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post

I would have Zayn still have a stable but with guys who got his persona as an annoying Social Justice Warrior
    For the time being I think the artist collective works. Gives them all something to do.

But down the line I can see Nakamura turning face on Sami and feuding for the ic belt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Sami needs those guys for his heel character to work.

I will never understand why they don't pull the trigger on Cesaro. You're a company that's pushing harder outside of the USA than in it lately, and you consistently do nothing with the guy that can speak 5 different languages? The guy is a built-in brand ambassador. With as many part-timers and legends you throw your top belt on that don't even do promotional work, he should easily be a consistent upper-midcard act.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I will never understand why they don't pull the trigger on Cesaro. You're a company that's pushing harder outside of the USA than in it lately, and you consistently do nothing with the guy that can speak 5 different languages? The guy is a built-in brand ambassador. With as many part-timers and legends you throw your top belt on that don't even do promotional work, he should easily be a consistent upper-midcard act.
    I am listening to Cesaro on the New Day podcast right now,and it's ridiculous how loved and respected Cesaro is.

This is a great opportunity to change how the week is presented. It's a show without a crowd. You don't have to do inring promos.

You can do the sit down interview. You can create packages that sell your performers without worrying about killing the live audience.

You are now purely a TV show.

Honestly, if I were Vince, I would be doing so many vignettes, highlight videos, and sit down interviews.

This is the time to put over a guy like Cesaro.

You look at all these spotlight shows on the network. They have the ability to do this.

I wonder if down the line they shouldn't give Cesaro maybe a short run in NXT UK. Get him down there, push him as a top guy for a little while (maybe beating Walter), having him show up in WWE TV occasionally with the NXT UK title, then bring him back and try to sell him more of a top guy.

Sort of a min version of what happened to Drew. Maybe Cesaro just needs a break from the main roster so they can build him up again. Because I do agree he's definately a guy they can potentiall do more with.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpac View Post
    i wonder if down the line they shouldn't give cesaro maybe a short run in nxt uk. Get him down there, push him as a top guy for a little while (maybe beating walter), having him show up in wwe tv occasionally with the nxt uk title, then bring him back and try to sell him more of a top guy.

Sort of a min version of what happened to drew. Maybe cesaro just needs a break from the main roster so they can build him up again. Because i do agree he's definately a guy they can potentiall do more with.
    walter vs cesaro

epic!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I wonder if down the line they shouldn't give Cesaro maybe a short run in NXT UK. Get him down there, push him as a top guy for a little while (maybe beating Walter), having him show up in WWE TV occasionally with the NXT UK title, then bring him back and try to sell him more of a top guy.

Sort of a min version of what happened to Drew. Maybe Cesaro just needs a break from the main roster so they can build him up again. Because I do agree he's definately a guy they can potentiall do more with.
    And since Imperium is a stable and he'd need backup, Ohno's already over there and we can finally get that Kings of Wrestling reunion!

...ok, now I'm just upsetting myself wanting this.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    To be frank, The Firefly Funhouse made Bray look more dominant than any proper match win could. The point of a win is to restore a character's credibility, and since the Fiend is a supernatural character, the Firefly Funhouse does that in spades. After seeing that, it's hard to believe anyone can get a clean win over him

Furthermore, the Fiend's focus on psychologically tormenting his foes gives him a built in protection from losses, since the implication in most of them is that he just lets himself lose whenever it's convenient for his mind games.
    wow, you got all that from a comedy bit not meant to be taken seriously??

They've announced who's in the Cruiserweight tournament

Group A: Kushida, Tony Nese, Jack Atlas, Drake Maverick
    Group B: Akira tozawa, Swerve Scott, Jack Gallagher, El Hijo De Fantasma

I saw someone say that the Fiend only wrestles with people Bray's feuded with before, and that's why Wyatt was the one to wrestle Miz. Course the Goldberg stuff kind of dampens that
    glad to see fantasma got to keep his name & mask, though honestly i preferred him in the king cuerno persona.

No, the Firefly Funhouse match was a match. It may not have been a traditional match, but it was still a match. Bray absolutely dominated Cena in a way that no regular match could ever portray. The Fiend has never looked more Dominant than he does now
    uhhhhhhhhh, no.

i'm dizzy from all the spinning that's been done about the fiend and the firefly thing, but from it being a comedy bit to it being some masterpiece that rebuilt the fiend into the most dominant force ever seen in wrestling, but i'm not buying any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    The talent is way better now than in 2011, no wrestling roster has ever been as talented as modern day WWE.

What was the wasted potential? They couldn't help it that Brian got injured, Punk saw himself out of the door--I feel that was going to happen regardless. Beth Phoenix got married but is still around.

Kofi is killing it. Cody is killing it, just not in WWE, and we wouldn't have AEW if he liked his WWE booking.
    don't care about that old **** anymore but brianson was one of the most over new stars in the company in ages when he had to hang it up, him coming back should've been huge and they've done jack ****. definition of wasted potential, but they have things just fall into their laps and don't take advantage time and time again.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Not that I don't disagree Christian should have been pushed harder, but I disagree that JBL was boring. I think that was a sucessful case of WWE creating a star who I think can legitimately call himself a legend. He was a main event that eventually evolved into one of the best heel announcers of the modern era. JBL proved to be a very good investment.
    I will say this...JBL was good in 2 roles...as part of the APA and as an announcer. Its just his singles run as the character was...boring. I mean him yelling how he's a Wrestling God was a highlight. But the entire thing was one of those...you have a roster of Benoit , Guerrero (before he died sadly) , Edge and Christian and this is who you push ? (I'd say the JBL character would have been a decent mid-carder really , just not a Main Event guy)

I was so happy when Christian decided to leave and go get his due. The fact he wasn't pushed because Vince didn't like how he looked was beyond moronic.

It is 100% true that talent does leave the WWE... but that's actually a good thing, because that's how WWE creates new stars. I think Hogan and Warrior leaving created room for Bret and the Kliq. Bret and the Kliq leaving created room for Austin and the Rock. Austin and the Rock leaving created room for Cena. Cena leaving created room for Roman. etc etc. I think it's the natural cycle for the business, and it's actually a good thing because it helps keep things fresh.
    Well we have to remember that when Hogan , Warrior , Savage etc left the WWF in 1994-1997 the company had some lean years. Sure Bret and Shawn got the ball but the company was trying to recreate Hogan for a couple years. They had high hopes on Crush (which crashed and burned quick) and then they went with Diesel (Nash) and lost $6+ million dollars in a year as Vince would for months refuse to accept the audience wanted Shawn Michaels then ...not Nash as Champion. By the time he admitted this failure the heat was off Shawn and the struggles continued.

Even now they are trying to recreate the magic of Cena with Roman and fans aren't all into it. They have unique things like with The Fiend but after spending this time building something unique they hurt it by rushing to the past as we saw.

I'm sure a good chunk of talent will leave WWE for AEW, and with that exodus means a lot of NXT talent coming onto the main roster will get opportunities they wouldn't otherwise get. WWE has a VERY stacked roster. Stacked to the point where a lot of the time opportunies are only created when people leave or get injured. If CM Punk never left, Seth Rollins might not have become the star he is today.

I'd say Rollins would have made it to Punk regardless. He was part of the Shield and was gonna get a push later at some point like the others. Whether the pushes would be big remains to be seen. But talent wise guys will get irked over time and process will keep repeating as we have seen for 20+ years. Moxley , Cody , Jericho , Brodie Lee , etc aren't the 1st to jump and more will come along as they just grow to hate how their being used.

(Brodie Lee's story is beyond insane comically as he proposed several things and one was being a Bruiser Brody type heel instead Vince was like..do a southern accent. Then tells Lee its terrible as Brodie told him he was from New York and couldn't do it. So he then later books him with that terrible accent)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

I'd have more optimism if Vince didn't have a 50/50 average with NXT call ups. Even those that do get a good push end up losing almost everything that got them over in NXT. Sometimes for the better (Becky), sometimes for the worse (Bayley). It's inconsistent.

I'm not a gigantic fan of his either, but the guy was insanely over, was doing the online stuff well before WWE grabbed onto it and beat it into unconsciousness, and Vince did nothing except throw a belt on him for about a month just to say "Hey, We Listen!" before doing everything in his power to kill it off.

Bryan's injury wasn't for another 3 years. After this photo was the whole "18 seconds" thing that blew up in the WWE's face and made him even more over. Punk spent the rest of his reign playing second fiddle to Cena, Big Show and friggin' John Laurinaitis until he turned heel, despite having great matches with Jericho and Bryan. His handling in this run was part of the frustrations he listed as to why he quit the company. Ryder and Air Boom both lost their belts within a month of this photo taken place. Cody was shifted into a makeshift tag team with Sandow. Beth quit the company in frustration later that year.

You can always look back now with context, but the history of those in the photo right after the time it was taken isn't exactly welcoming.
    zack got over on his own and how did Vince repay him? by taking his belt off him a month after this picture, made him be cena's sidekick, hooked him up with eve torres only for her to use him to get closer to cena, and have kane beat and humiliate him week after week, culminating in him getting put in a wheelchair and pushed off stage. he was punished for getting over when he wasn't suppose to, which has been a theme in the main roster for a long time now.

while true, this roster is hella stacked, the E either doesn't use them properly or not use them at all. 85% of NXT call ups get fucked over when they get the call. so i don't really have a lot of faith in them using them to their fullest. i mean...........poor nicky.

Extraordinary Member

Drew is putting out what may or may not be an open challenge for the belt.

And Andrade is the first one to answer

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    zack got over on his own and how did Vince repay him? by taking his belt off him a month after this picture, made him be cena's sidekick, hooked him up with eve torres only for her to use him to get closer to cena, and have kane beat and humiliate him week after week, culminating in him getting put in a wheelchair and pushed off stage. he was punished for getting over when he wasn't suppose to, which has been a theme in the main roster for a long time now.

while true, this roster is hella stacked, the E either doesn't use them properly or not use them at all. 85% of NXT call ups get fucked over when they get the call. so i don't really have a lot of faith in them using them to their fullest. i mean...........poor nicky.
    If you look at all the top WWE stars at the moment, a good majority of them are actually NXT call ups.

That's not to say that all of them become top stars... obviously that's not possible. And it wouldn't have been possible in 2011 for that matter. But the WWE has pretty much always been able to make stars.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Ruby and Asuka just had a banger of a match now.

Extraordinary Member

So next week we're getting

Buddy Murphy vs. Rey Misterio
    Aleister Black vs Austin Thoery
    Apollo Crews vs. MVP

in Money in the Bank ladder matches