Page 1069 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 6956996910191059106510661067106810691070107110721073107911191169 ... LastLast
Results 16,021 to 16,035 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    A number of governors are dismissing Trump's group more or less. A group of Governors have formed a pact or group themselves with health officials involved to determine when to re-open their states. Trump went on a melt down over it on Twitter and TV because the Governors are saying they will handle it like he left them to handle it all.

There is also growing media anger at the Governor of Florida for his bullshit and the WWE being declared an essential business has people PIIIIIISSSED. As one guy joked , "Somehow seeing guys wrestle on TV is an essential business now ? WTF ?"
    Even fans are giving the governor of Florida shit. The corruption is so blatant in this there's no way he can spin it. The press conference held about it felt like they had guns pointed at their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Trump has no power over governors. He can try political pressure by withholding aid, but state law is state law.

The only reason I would see Vince still doing live events, is if his TV contracts are impacted by it. It's cheaper to tape the shows. Spoilers are not an issue with no audience. They could do a month worth of shows in a week.
    Truthfully WWE could have stopped doing live events a long time ago if they wanted to. Smackdown was taped for a LONG time, and that worked fine. But I think wrestling fans got it in their head that a live show is somehow better than a taped one.

BUt like you said, there is the issue of tv contracts. I wouldn't be shocked if any of the networks wanted WWE to put out a certain number of live shows.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Truthfully WWE could have stopped doing live events a long time ago if they wanted to. Smackdown was taped for a LONG time, and that worked fine. But I think wrestling fans got it in their head that a live show is somehow better than a taped one.

BUt like you said, there is the issue of tv contracts. I wouldn't be shocked if any of the networks wanted WWE to put out a certain number of live shows.
    Yes, RAW and Smackdown have a certain amount of taped shows they can do a year and they have both hit their limit already.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

If you look at WWE right now, they are putting out a lot of product. FS1 is playing Ruthless Aggression and other docu series. ESPN was playing old Manias. WWE as content provider is huge right now.

As a fan, the only attraction for live shows is avoiding spoilers, but no fans equals no spoilers. I rather see a more polished product. The WWE does a lot of taped shows, so it's all a lot more complicated than "Stubborn Vince".

I really need a Miz,Morrison, Ziggler, and probably Sonya stable. I feel like we could get a Evolution 2.0 from them.
    Last edited by HUTHAIFA; 04-15-2020 at 09:35 AM.

The fix is in. Linda McMahon pledged to give Tampa and Orlando $18.5 million in their markets. That same day, WWE became an essential business.
    https://cultaholic.com/posts/linda-m...ntial-business

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The fix is in. Linda McMahon pledged to give Tampa and Orlando $18.5 million in their markets. That same day, WWE became an essential business.
    https://cultaholic.com/posts/linda-m...ntial-business
    There are many states out there that have exceptions similar to there states. I do feel WWE is being a little bit unfairly targetted here.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    There are many states out there that have exceptions similar to there states. I do feel WWE is being a little bit unfairly targetted here.
    It's fits a lot of narratives.

Wrestling is for uneducated rednecks.
    Florida is well Florida.
    Trump's connection with Linda and Vince.

So thats my reason for where most of the heat is coming from. Which I find ridiculous because on ESPN, all I hear is how they can bring back live sports as soon as possible.

Lio Rush, Curt Hawkins, Karl Anderson, Drake Maverick and EC3 got future endeavor'd
    https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1250477978657665024?s=20

Extraordinary Member

Drake Maverick, Curt Hawkins, Karl Anderson, and Lio Rush have been released from WWE

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I'm sure EC3 is happy to be gone. He was clearly unhappy in the company and how he was being used. Now he can ...GO INTO GOD MODE somewhere else. I would love if him and Spud get united as a team type (Spud be his side kick/manager) in AEW.

"Cody , Its time i take AEW...INTO GOD MODE !"
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Luke Gallows and Eric Young are out too

Health Slater is gone

Extraordinary Member

And Heath Slater's out too. Hues the third man in the band won't get his title shot

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'm sure EC3 is happy to be gone. He was clearly unhappy in the company and how he was being used. Now he can ...GO INTO GOD MODE somewhere else. I would love if him and Spud get united as a team type (Spud be his side kick/manager) in AEW.

"Cody , Its time i take AEW...INTO GOD MODE !"
    He'll need to change his gimmick. What good is EC3 when they have MJF?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    And Heath Slater's out too. Hues the third man in the band won't get his title shot
    Remember, Jinder and Drew were released and came back to become world champions. The same will happen for Heath!