Page 1074 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 7457497410241064107010711072107310741075107610771078108411241174 ... LastLast
Results 16,096 to 16,110 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Yep, if Seth was in AEW, or anywhere else really, and acted the exact same way he does now everyone who currently hates him would have no problem with him. The tribalism is so embarrassing, I just wish people were consistent on these things.

If wrestlers A and B are both assholes don't only take A to task for their behavior simply because they work for a company you don't like. Makes it hard to take their complaints seriously when they clearly have an agenda.

Look at the reaction AEW going ahead with Double or Nothing is getting vs the reaction to WWE going back live with Raw, NXT and Smackdown. Everyone, including those in the business like Ryback, David Starr, Reby Hardy, Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez absolutely shit on WWE for putting their talents' health at risk by continuing to run shows but are conveniently silent now that AEW is doing the same thing.
    you're trying way too hard here.

Astonishing Member

poor little baby cant spare 20 or so minutes to watch AEW Dark
    i havent missed an episode (dont remember all of them)

https://www.cbr.com/florida-governer...tial-business/
    crowds/fans are cool (i hope they're well even jdfromny206) but i dont watch for them
    i watch for the wrestlers the interviwers interviews and promos the ring announcers (i hope they're well)
    Last edited by steve2275; 04-16-2020 at 01:45 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    you're trying way too hard here.
    Lol how? What's the difference between WWE doing live shows and AEW doing them with Double or Nothing and likely beyond?

Ultimate Member

The Erick Rowan release is a bit of a surprise.

He's been on tv recently. The Rusev one is just sad. The guy got himself over and got his legs cut out from under him. He could have been a solid mid level guy and I fully expect him to get work somewhere else asap.

Lol how? What's the difference between WWE doing live shows and AEW doing them with Double or Nothing and likely beyond?

there's a few differences, but 1 big one is the number of live shows wwe is doing a week.

but that's neither here nor there, it the double standard against the wwe narrative that you're trying to push i was talking about.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 04-16-2020 at 03:34 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The Erick Rowan release is a bit of a surprise.

He's been on tv recently. The Rusev one is just sad. The guy got himself over and got his legs cut out from under him. He could have been a solid mid level guy and I fully expect him to get work somewhere else asap.
    Rusev supposedly didn't want to be there anymore. A lot of the people released didn't want to be there. It just the timing sucks because the Indy's are dead because of Covid restrictions.

I haven't heard anything about Darby. I will wait before I have a take on him.

I don't have a problem with what Seth said .

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Yep, if Seth was in AEW, or anywhere else really, and acted the exact same way he does now everyone who currently hates him would have no problem with him. The tribalism is so embarrassing, I just wish people were consistent on these things.

If wrestlers A and B are both assholes don't only take A to task for their behavior simply because they work for a company you don't like. Makes it hard to take their complaints seriously when they clearly have an agenda.

Look at the reaction AEW going ahead with Double or Nothing is getting vs the reaction to WWE going back live with Raw, NXT and Smackdown. Everyone, including those in the business like Ryback, David Starr, Reby Hardy, Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez absolutely shit on WWE for putting their talents' health at risk by continuing to run shows but are conveniently silent now that AEW is doing the same thing.
    For the record, I don't think AEW should be running shows neither. No one needs these empty arena shows.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Rusev supposedly didn't want to be there anymore. A lot of the people released didn't want to be there. It just the timing sucks because the Indy's are dead because of Covid restrictions.

I haven't heard anything about Darby. I will wait before I have a take on him.

I don't have a problem with what Seth said .
    Yeah, Rusev seemed like he didn't want to be there anymore. So despite him arguably having the biggest upside of anyone released (except for Kurt Angle I guess), I don't feel quite as bad about him being released as some of the people. Though the fact that it broke up a real life couple is sort of sad. Same thing for Sarah Logan and Zack Ryder.

And yeah... the timing of this is really sad. AEW seems to be the only other game in town. Maybe Impact. But at the same time, because of the timing you can't get too mad at the WWE either... like a lot of business they're taking a hit and need to do what they need to do. Hopefully when this is over some of these people might find work in the WWE again.

I'm still half expecting Heath Slater to hit the gym and show up in 3-4 years packing an additonal 40 pounds of muscle. It's tough to keep 3MD down.

Intermediary

WWE is trash for this

the company has an over 250 million dollar cash reserve

and the stock took a jump after the cuts were announced

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    WWE is trash for this

the company has an over 250 million dollar cash reserve

and the stock took a jump after the cuts were announced

garbage
    It's a 500 million cash reserve

According to this independent analyst, the WWE is still set on having record breaking profits despite this global crisis

https://wrestlenomics.wordpress.com/...sk-assessment/

The releases were purely done to maintain a profit margin. No one needed to lose their jobs. The fucking scumbags.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 04-16-2020 at 07:36 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

According to this independent analyst, the WWE is still set on having record breaking profits despite this global crisis

The releases were purely done to maintain a profit margin. No one needed to lose their jobs. The fucking scumbags.
    Its just business. Emotions shouldn't be involved.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Its just business. Emotions shouldn't be involved.
    Just business my ass. The company isn't at any risk. There's no defending what they did here.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    New Japan has floated out feelers to Miroslav (Ruzev), Rush, and (WTF!) Ryder.

I can see Rusev working.

Rush I don't see.

Ryder could be like another Cody. Seems oddball enough to work.
    I can see Ryder being a cocky heel in the Bullet Club tagging with El Phantasmo, with Ishimori going back at the Junior belt. Or if they keep him as a face forming a mini stable with Ospreay and Eagles.

Rush might go back to ROH which, by association, would give him a change to work in NJPW.

90% of this "WWE SUCKS! / AEW SUCKS!" nonsense is nothing but trolls trying to trigger each other, and all it does is annoy everyone else. You're overestimating any actual division.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

wwe.com has reported that howard finkel has passed away.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

I keep hearing the 500M cash reserve number being bandied about and I think it came from Meltzer, but it's just not true.

In 2019, they only had 90M in Cash Reserves: https://www.********/market-data/quo.../balance-sheet

Their operating expenses are 30-35M a month or so--so 90M cash wasn't going to last long. (And you only want to go into your cash reserves when desperate)