Page 1076 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 7657697610261066107210731074107510761077107810791080108611261176 ... LastLast
Results 16,126 to 16,140 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

One thing to note is that WWE is receiving a class action lawsuit for misleading shareholders. I actually think it has merit. We'll see where it ends up.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The WWE took a major , major money loss on Wrestlemania. It was perhaps the biggest loss they have taken in years. This already was causing issues money wise and when Wrestlemania was done as we saw on network with no attendance etc ; it hit the company hard. Vince may have had cash reserves but they were likely hit big time by Wrestlemania.

I feel for all the talent who did get released and its just bad PR. hitting as Vince does this right when he's taking heat for being declared an Essential business in Florida and his appointment on a Trump taskforce to re-open the country.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Folks you shouldn't have gotten in the first place? Because you wanted to hinder AWE and ROH?

Like CM Punk said-Vince acts like a Millionaire when he should act like a billionaire.

Look at those ratings for those shows. 4-5 million viewers is FINE if you are some shows. TNA would go NUTS if they got that. Heck the CW Network would kill for those ratings on 90% of their shows.

That is not good for the WWE.

Fans are screaming at you they are tired of Roman & Brock.
    Fans have shown you the love for guys like Zack Ryder-who got over all by himself-who get buried by Vince.
    New day is your second top cash cow and Kofi can't be world champ once you get ot Fox-part time Brock has to get the belt.
    You have an environment where folks WANT to leave and you are suppose to be the top dog.

Any money that they are losing is because of Vince.

He chose to overload his roster with folks. With many sitting at home or backstage collecting checks.

And guess what he is going to lose more money because Mattel is going to give him an earful because how many of those release are going to now have toys in stores like Elijah Burke did for 2 years after he got let go.

Along with folks dumping the network.

This is bad PR because you just had Florida say you are essential. I am sure a LOT of folks don't like that-you haven't seen the loss of money the WWE is going to get over the next few months. Folks have to be entertained is the excuse.
    Punk said is, not acts like. Vince doesn't maximize profit because he's too stubborn.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Wouldn't operating costs be less now as well? The performance center is already in their budget, and the production staff is lower due to social distancing guidelines. While they are loosing money off ticket sales, they are saving money on production.
    (Whispers: Well it probably is now that they seemed to have let go all of the house show performers/producers/agents/camera folks etc)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Maybe Vince wanted to get rid of some workers? That it was just an excuse for firing people? We don't know that...
    He doesn't need an excuse to get rid of workers. The only bad thing about is the timing. There isn't much work out there due to a global shutdown.

But if you honestly look at the names of the people being cut and not the producers being furloughed, you would see a bunch of people that the WWE hasn't done much with in years, if not ever. Honestly, I can't remember the last time, I saw the Colons wrestle.

The timing is cold-hearted but the talent that they let go makes sense

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't dispute that their main source of revenue isn't TV deals ... but to argue WWE isn't losing anything is simply wrong. They're still losing millions of dollars. F

Yes, they can continue to stay afloat. But it's business 101 to do what you can to avoid getting to that point. There's nothing carny about it... anyone with even the most basic understanding of running a business knows perfectly well it's just common sense. Plenty of business are letting people go ... that's simply the reality of the situation in a difficult economic time.
    The company is not on death's door. They are of no threat of bankruptcy, defaulting or whatever could put them in serious jeopardy. They are saving what amounts to chump change doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I can see Ryder being a cocky heel in the Bullet Club tagging with El Phantasmo, with Ishimori going back at the Junior belt. Or if they keep him as a face forming a mini stable with Ospreay and Eagles.

Rush might go back to ROH which, by association, would give him a change to work in NJPW.
    Yeah, that's kind of how I see Ryder working in NJPW.

Rush, from what he's said prior to his release, didn't sound so keen on going back on tour overseas.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Though the fact that it broke up a real life couple is sort of sad. Same thing for Sarah Logan and Zack Ryder.
    They havent broke up any couple. Just one person in the relationship willl be working elsewhere. That's just life, the vast majority of people dont work with their partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The company is not on death's door. They are of no threat of bankruptcy, defaulting or whatever could put them in serious jeopardy. They are saving what amounts to chump change doing this.
    They're not at death's door, and that's the point. They are doing the things necessarily to maintain profit margins to the best of their ability in an uncertain time. You don't wait to act until you're at death's door ... you make the decisions you need to make to avoid that entirely.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Punk said is, not acts like. Vince doesn't maximize profit because he's too stubborn.
    Love Punk, but he is full of it. Every decision he makes to maximize profit, he gets slammed for.

The Network.
    The Saudi Deal
    Cutting down labor.
    The performance center.

All of these things he has been ripped on , and all of those things have been fruitful.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Love Punk, but he is full of it. Every decision he makes to maximize profit, he gets slammed for.

The Network.
    The Saudi Deal
    Cutting down labor.
    The performance center.

All of these things he has been ripped on , and all of those things have been fruitful.
    Vinces batting average is by no means perfect, but he's probably the person on earth who can credibly tell you how to run a financially sucessful wrestling promotion in the US long term. Until someone else can actually do it, Vince is and should be considered the authority on the matter. He's had his ups and downs and he'll make his share of mistakes just like everyon else... but bottom line is he's the only person thus far who has proven himself capable of doing the job.

It's super easy for Punk or anyone else for that matter to arm chair quarterback him from the comfort of ones living room... but I'll wager anyone who has actually tried doing what Vince has done for a living can tell you it's simply not that easy. Even if Vince sometimes makes it look like it is.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureBliss View Post
    They havent broke up any couple. Just one person in the relationship willl be working elsewhere. That's just life, the vast majority of people dont work with their partner.
    You can make the argument that they made sure that at least one of them would have income in these times.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    He doesn't need an excuse to get rid of workers. The only bad thing about is the timing. There isn't much work out there due to a global shutdown.

But if you honestly look at the names of the people being cut and not the producers being furloughed, you would see a bunch of people that the WWE hasn't done much with in years, if not ever. Honestly, I can't remember the last time, I saw the Colons wrestle.

The timing is cold-hearted but the talent that they let go makes sense
    Except for Gallows and Anderson. I mean, granted, Undertaker did bury them at 'Mania (pun intended), but now AJ no longer has a stable behind him. I've got to wonder about that, especially when there's no ongoing feud with Undertaker going forward.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Except for Gallows and Anderson. I mean, granted, Undertaker did bury them at 'Mania (pun intended), but now AJ no longer has a stable behind him. I've got to wonder about that, especially when there's no ongoing feud with Undertaker going forward.
    Gallows and Anderson are a case where they are probably better off in Japan. They had a nice enough niche being AJ's running buddies... and if times weren't bad WWE could have easily kept that going. But they are definately bigger stars in Japan.

Though I'm sure AEW in theory could use them. But I wonder how many former WWE talents AEW can or even wants to absorb.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Here is my issue. I think everybody that cut us pretty talented except Sarah Logan. That doesn't matter. If Vince does not see money in you and doesn't use as anything more than a jobber, it's best for you to leave. It makes no sense for Vince to pay you too dollar for what he can get from a local guy. It makes no sense to wait for Vince to change his mind on you, because he is not. Unless, you are just happy with the pay check. There is nothing wrong with that.
    Wrestling is fake but bills are real

Tommy Dreamer had come to Vince's defense . I have to see if I can find a link.