Page 1077 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 7757797710271067107310741075107610771078107910801081108711271177 ... LastLast
Results 16,141 to 16,155 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Gallows and Anderson are a case where they are probably better off in Japan. They had a nice enough niche being AJ's running buddies... and if times weren't bad WWE could have easily kept that going. But they are definately bigger stars in Japan.

Though I'm sure AEW in theory could use them. But I wonder how many former WWE talents AEW can or even wants to absorb.
    AEW is in the same boat as WWE. Probably a worse one. I look at the people, who got cut and the list of guys I would want if I was AEW is small.

Rusev is a no brainier.

Fit Finlay and Sarah Stock would be invaluable to revamp the women's division.

AEW is loaded with tag teams , do they really need the Colons,The Major Bros, and the OC?

MJF is doing EC3 gimmick better than EC3.

I wish the NWA was more of a viable option, because all of this talent would be a godsend for them.

Astonishing Member

Vinces batting average is by no means perfect, but he's probably the person on earth who can credibly tell you how to run a financially sucessful wrestling promotion in the US long term. Until someone else can actually do it, Vince is and should be considered the authority on the matter. He's had his ups and downs and he'll make his share of mistakes just like everyon else... but bottom line is he's the only person thus far who has proven himself capable of doing the job.

It's super easy for Punk or anyone else for that matter to arm chair quarterback him from the comfort of ones living room... but I'll wager anyone who has actually tried doing what Vince has done for a living can tell you it's simply not that easy. Even if Vince sometimes makes it look like it is.
    You pretty much sums up my argument against Vince/WWE. We have tons of networks that need content,but no one since WCW has given them real competition and that was just for a 3 year stretch.

I disagree with the WWE for a ton of things, but Vince has made American pro wrestling and the WWE synonomous.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Here is my issue. I think everybody that cut us pretty talented except Sarah Logan. That doesn't matter. If Vince does not see money in you and doesn't use as anything more than a jobber, it's best for you to leave. It makes no sense for Vince to pay you too dollar for what he can get from a local guy. It makes no sense to wait for Vince to change his mind on you, because he is not. Unless, you are just happy with the pay check. There is nothing wrong with that.
    Wrestling is fake but bills are real

Tommy Dreamer had come to Vince's defense . I have to see if I can find a link.
    The thing with the WWE is that it has so much talent, it basically gurantees that a good number of talent are going to be on the lower end of the card. When you decide to work for the biggest wrestling company in the world (which at the moment arguably has the largest deepest wrestling lockeroom in the history of the industry), there's a likely chance you're not going to be the next John Cena.

In the RAW womans division right now for example, you've got Becky, Charlotte, Shayna, Asuka and Nia Jax. As good as Ruby Riot and Liv Morgan are, there's likely no way she's going to do anything but lose right now UNLESS they're wrestling each other. Now that Biance is on RAW odds are Ruby and Liv will job to her too

If you're a person that NEEDS to win, and you're not cool with just being there (like say the Miz I suspect is regardless of whether he's on the top of the card or not), then there's a descent chance WWE isn't for you. Because most guys don't make it to the top of the card. That's just the way it is.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

AEW is in the same boat as WWE. Probably a worse one. I look at the people, who got cut and the list of guys I would want if I was AEW is small.

Rusev is a no brainier.

Fit Finlay and Sarah Stock would be invaluable to revamp the women's division.

AEW is loaded with tag teams , do they really need the Colons,The Major Bros, and the OC?

MJF is doing EC3 gimmick better than EC3.

I wish the NWA was more of a viable option, because all of this talent would be a godsend for them.
    Rusev can go anywhere and make it. Personally I want him to do Japan. He would be huge there.

Colons went back to Puerto Rico and WWC while they were still under WWE contract. They can just stay there. Karl Anderson recent tweet teases a return to Japan.

I see NWA being an option for the Revival. Quite frankly they fit in there like a glove.

Extraordinary Member

The Revival are shoe-ins for AEW, IMO

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Rusev can go anywhere and make it. Personally I want him to do Japan. He would be huge there.

Colons went back to Puerto Rico and WWC while they were still under WWE contract. They can just stay there. Karl Anderson recent tweet teases a return to Japan.

I see NWA being an option for the Revival. Quite frankly they fit in there like a glove.
    I want to see the Revival so much in the NWA that's it not even funny.

Can Billy Corgan find another billionaire to help him out

I remember how great the Good Brothers were in Southpaw Regional Wrestling. They would also kill it in NWA.

I want to see the Revival so much in the NWA that's it not even funny.

Can Billy Corgan find another billionaire to help him out

I remember how great the Good Brothers were in Southpaw Regional Wrestling. They would also kill it in NWA.
    Revival are definately a perfect fit for NWA.

That said, I think the fact that they're NOT a perfect fit in AEW could be the entire basis for their characters. They can basically just mouth off everything Jim Cornette has said about AEW and the Bucks in particular, and they can generate some fantastic heat as characters. I think they'd almost be the reverse nWo in that they'd be invading representing tradition and old school.

Trump named VKM to his reboot the economy team without even asking him.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Trump named VKM to his reboot the economy team without even asking him.
    I was waiting for someone to point that out. Trump did that to a lot of his "team".

Astonishing Member

Revival are definately a perfect fit for NWA.

That said, I think the fact that they're NOT a perfect fit in AEW could be the entire basis for their characters. They can basically just mouth off everything Jim Cornette has said about AEW and the Bucks in particular, and they can generate some fantastic heat as characters. I think they'd almost be the reverse nWo in that they'd be invading representing tradition and old school.
    The Revival can work anywhere that cares about tag team wrestling.I like your idea though. There needs to be someone in AEW, who calls it straight. Maybe they can work with Spears and Tully. Tully is a great talker that doesn't get a chance to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    there's a few differences, but 1 big one is the number of live shows wwe is doing a week.

but that's neither here nor there, it the double standard against the wwe narrative that you're trying to push i was talking about.
    Ok then explain the silence on Darby "bum fights" Allin vs the frothing at the mouth Seth Rollins bragging about having a big bank account and defending his company got.

Do explain why the latter got a much bigger and angrier reaction than the former, I'd love to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Ok then explain the silence on Darby "bum fights" Allin vs the frothing at the mouth Seth Rollins bragging about having a big bank account and defending his company got.

Do explain why the latter got a much bigger and angrier reaction than the former, I'd love to hear it.
    I'm assuming it's just a matter of Darby not being a big enough star to even notice what he said... because otherwise yeah, there's no reason any person in their right mind would take greater issue with anything Seth said over what Darby said.

Darbys statements are borderline criminal.

I'm assuming it's just a matter of Darby not being a big enough star to even notice what he said... because otherwise yeah, there's no reason any person in their right mind would take greater issue with anything Seth said over what Darby said.

Darbys statements are borderline criminal.
    True, Darby is much less well known than Seth so I understand why his actions don't get the same reaction as Seth's. However people in the business like Dave Meltzer, Bryan Alvarez, etc know about what Darby has done and even they're silent about it. They aren't silent when WWE stars like Seth, Corey Graves and Braun Strowman make asses of themselves.

In this very thread so far you're the only poster who has acknowledged and condemned Darby's horrible actions. Everyone else is just ignoring it.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

True, Darby is much less well known than Seth so I understand why his actions don't get the same reaction as Seth's. However people in the business like Dave Meltzer, Bryan Alvarez, etc know about what Darby has done and even they're silent about it. They aren't silent when WWE stars like Seth, Corey Graves and Braun Strowman make asses of themselves.

In this very thread so far you're the only poster who has acknowledged and condemned Darby's horrible actions. Everyone else is just ignoring it.
    i didn't even know about this shit with darby and it sounds horrible from what I've seen of it.

still doesn't change my opinion on seth.

That's a fair criticism. While the average mainstream wrestling fan might not be aware of what Darby said (or even who Darby is), the supposed wrestling journalists like Dave and Bryan almost certainly do and arguably should have been at least as critical as some of the things Braun and Seth have said.

I am a little surprised I seem to be the only one here (aside from you of course) that knows what Darby said. Maybe Darby's just not as big even with the internet wrestling community as I thought. Which is fine by me I guess.