Page 1078 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 7857897810281068107410751076107710781079108010811082108811281178 ... LastLast
Results 16,156 to 16,170 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That's a fair criticism. While the average mainstream wrestling fan might not be aware of what Darby said (or even who Darby is), the supposed wrestling journalists like Dave and Bryan almost certainly do and arguably should have been at least as critical as some of the things Braun and Seth have said.

I am a little surprised I seem to be the only one here (aside from you of course) that knows what Darby said. Maybe Darby's just not as big even with the internet wrestling community as I thought. Which is fine by me I guess.
    I think the average Darby fan has just learned of him about a year ago because of AEW, so I can give them a pass, the casual AEW fan. But a lot of AEW's audience are hardcore, dirtsheet reading smarks. Those fans likely know all about what he's done but choose to ignore it.

It really shouldn't shock anyone tbh, I mean the guy got his character's last name from GG Allin, one of the biggest pieces of **** in music history. So it's not surprising he'd have a darkside.

wwe is doing some real shady **** right now, i guess it's not surprising to see the people defending them but still kind of sickening. i've got so much love for the company having grown up on it and having so many great memories from not just my childhood but also my kids childhood but god damn they make it hard to be a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Ok then explain the silence on Darby "bum fights" Allin vs the frothing at the mouth Seth Rollins bragging about having a big bank account and defending his company got.

Do explain why the latter got a much bigger and angrier reaction than the former, I'd love to hear it.
    the platform for one, seth acts like an ass on twitter which is a huge platform and what you're talking about i assume was a dirtsheet interview or podcast?? i don't comment on it because i didn't listen to or read the interview and i'd guess it's the same for most here.

but that's neither here nor there, it's the double standard against the wwe narrative that you're trying to push i was talking about.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 04-17-2020 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    wwe is doing some real shady **** right now, i guess it's not surprising to see the people defending them but still kind of sickening. i've got so much love for the company having grown up on it and having so many great memories from not just my childhood but also my kids childhood but god damn they make it hard to be a fan.

the platform for one, seth acts like an ass on twitter which is a huge platform and what you're talking about i assume was a dirtsheet interview or podcast?? i don't comment on it because i didn't listen to or read the interview and i'd guess it's the same for most here.

but that's neither here nor there, it's the double standard against the wwe narrative that you're trying to push i was talking about.
    So there's absolutely no bias against WWE? I must've imagined Ryback and David Starr saying WWE are bad for putting their talents health at risk by continuing to run shows only to say nothing when AEW announced Double or Nothing.

I must've imagined Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez leaping to Will Ospreay's defense when him and Seth went at it on twitter, instead of you know letting Will fight his own battles.

I must've missed Bryan Alvarez borderline burst into tears when reporting NXT beating AEW in the ratings, and obsessively focusing on the demo to downplay them being watched by less people. Btw the demo only matters for AEW ignore Raw and Smackdown regularly being in the top 5 in the 18-49 demo every week. Only focus on viewership for them.

YOU may not know about that psycho Darby's interview but people in the industry no doubt do, Dave and Bryan would break out the pitchforks if a WWE star ever bragged about making homeless people fight for money. Or sticking their head in a dirty toilet for his amusement.

But whatever, I'm just "trying too hard" since I'm not going along with the WWE EVIL AEW PERFECT agenda. This is why, despite loving wrestling I don't post in here often.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I had never heard of Darby Alin until he arrived in AEW. But the whole deal seems insane about what is claimed then his belief after a few shows he couldn't be himself in WWE. I do like what Cornette said as he heard that months ago , "Who says the WWE would want Darby Alin ?"

As Jim brings up the WWE would want to make Alin learn more in ring and not try to kill himself every night. To save his "big ****" for the right moments. Like the coffin drop move. Even I said him trying to do that to someone on ring apron is just asking for an injury to himself. I agreed with Cornette that the company would try to make Alin a better all around star , not someone throwing stuff out on free TV to be cool.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

What did Darby Allin do exactly?

I’m just hearing about this stuff here for the first time. I follow AEW a lot but I really don’t care for Allin at all.

But regarding Seth, the WWE is by a very long distance the largest wrestling promotion around. The WWE champion making daft statements online is sure to draw a lot of attention. Is there bias against WWE online, absolutely. It’s no secret that a lot of people don’t like nor watch WWE as much as they did years past, that doesn’t make Rollins feuding with Ospreay and comparing “bank accounts” any less stupid.

Astonishing Member

All these High Spot Wrestler are boring. They bring spot after spot but forget to tell a story.

In the old days (yes I am old, 42) you get to watch Bret Hart, Mr Perfect or whoever, later Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, they were technical wrestlers and you believed what they did.

Darby Allen my ass, I fast forward when I see him...

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Speaking of old wrestlers... "Dark Side of the Ring" has an episode up about Jimmy Snuka. Holy ****...him going crazy on drugs beating police dogs and cops up til they managed to subdue him was insane.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    So there's absolutely no bias against WWE? I must've imagined Ryback and David Starr saying WWE are bad for putting their talents health at risk by continuing to run shows only to say nothing when AEW announced Double or Nothing.

I must've imagined Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez leaping to Will Ospreay's defense when him and Seth went at it on twitter, instead of you know letting Will fight his own battles.

I must've missed Bryan Alvarez borderline burst into tears when reporting NXT beating AEW in the ratings, and obsessively focusing on the demo to downplay them being watched by less people. Btw the demo only matters for AEW ignore Raw and Smackdown regularly being in the top 5 in the 18-49 demo every week. Only focus on viewership for them.

YOU may not know about that psycho Darby's interview but people in the industry no doubt do, Dave and Bryan would break out the pitchforks if a WWE star ever bragged about making homeless people fight for money. Or sticking their head in a dirty toilet for his amusement.

But whatever, I'm just "trying too hard" since I'm not going along with the WWE EVIL AEW PERFECT agenda. This is why, despite loving wrestling I don't post in here often.
    You know who else doesn’t post here often, DA MELTZ(FOCK HIM), Bryan Alvarez, rybread, and David Starr. To be honest you actually seem to have an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    All these High Spot Wrestler are boring. They bring spot after spot but forget to tell a story.

In the old days (yes I am old, 42) you get to watch Bret Hart, Mr Perfect or whoever, later Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, they were technical wrestlers and you believed what they did.

I’m also 42 and Bret, Eddy, and Perfect are some of my all time favorite wrestlers.

That said if I ever make a post like yours I hope somebody has the mercy to take me out behind the barn and shoot me.
    I think Darby is pretty good at playing the face in peril, but what’s that got to do with telling a story??

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    I’m also 42 and Bret, Eddy, and Perfect are some of my all time favorite wrestlers.

That said if I ever make a post like yours I hope somebody has the mercy to take me out behind the barn and shoot me.
    That's the most Cornette like post that I have read from you.....lol.

Here is question for everyone...

Is Dark side of the Ring helping the perception of wrestling or hurting it? I enjoyed the series a great deal, but it really exposes some ugly.

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post

wow

continue being wrong

im 41, and I didnt get Darby Allin at first but the guy is a star

he gets it and in case you aren't paying attention, people LOVE HIM

I go to a lot of independent shows, and got lucky to see him at a number of shows up here in New England and Darby always came out to a HUGE reaction and EVERYONE loves him

kids, grown dudes, the women at the show, everyone seems to gravitate to him

Intermediary

What the WWE did was trash

the company has a 250 million dollar plus cash reserve, a portion of which could have kept everyone paid for the next 12 months

THATS WHY YOU HAVE A CASH RESERVE

and the stock took a jump after the cuts were announced, yall keep suckling at Vinces teat if you want

Karl Anderson is teasing a return to Japan.

Please, please, please let this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Is Dark side of the Ring helping the perception of wrestling or hurting it? I enjoyed the series a great deal, but it really exposes some ugly.
    Well, it is called "Dark Side of the Ring." I wouldn't really expect them to show the happy moments.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    That's the most Cornette like post that I have read from you.....lol.

Here is question for everyone...

I wouldn't say it necessariy does either.

It certainly doesn't HELP wrestling. But showing the darkside of wrestling doesn't really hurt it, anymore than those "behind the scenes" documentaries about the vices of the music industry or hollywood really hurts them. Obviously it shows negative aspects of wrestling which might turn off SOME people... but overall it's just something on the internet, and the internet pretty much bashed anything if you look hard enough. Whatever damage the internet can do, damage already done.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    wow

continue being wrong

im 41, and I didnt get Darby Allin at first but the guy is a star

he gets it and in case you aren't paying attention, people LOVE HIM

I go to a lot of independent shows, and got lucky to see him at a number of shows up here in New England and Darby always came out to a HUGE reaction and EVERYONE loves him

kids, grown dudes, the women at the show, everyone seems to gravitate to him
    Which is all the more reason it sucks that he's such a miserable human being.

Despite the fact that I don't think he's what I would consider a good wrestler, there is something about him which I think gets people to gravitate towards him. He's got almost a Jeff Hardy vibe (though I think Jeff overall is a much better sports entertainer). I think he could potentially can be a big draw (though it would be nice if he learned to actually wrestle without relying on stupid bumps which will likely catch up to him one day).

That said, I'm glad he's not in the WWE. It migth be good for him to go a place which forces him to actually learn his craft in a safer manner for his own good, but I doubt Vince wants that sort of person in his lockeroom. It's a potential PR problem waiting to happen, and unlike in AEW people would actually notice if he worked for Vince.
    Last edited by XPac; 04-17-2020 at 07:10 AM.