Page 1079 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 7957997910291069107510761077107810791080108110821083108911291179 ... LastLast
Results 16,171 to 16,185 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    What the WWE did was trash

the company has a 250 million dollar plus cash reserve, a portion of which could have kept everyone paid for the next 12 months

THATS WHY YOU HAVE A CASH RESERVE

and the stock took a jump after the cuts were announced, yall keep suckling at Vinces teat if you want
    While it's true a cash reserve is there for emergencies, dipping into your cash reserves should never be plan A.

If you're in a financial crunch and you don't know how long it will land, you'll try and cut operating costs first. Dipping into your reserves should be you last resort if all else fails. It's better to try and operate at a lower cost instead of burning up your reserves until they're potentially depeted since they obviously have no idea how long this will last. I'm sure the WWE has an idea of how long they can operate on their reserves, but what if the current crisis extends beyond that? You have to prepare for the worst.

Yes, letting unessential employees go when they are losing profits to maintain your profit margins is harsh, but that's just a part of business.
    Last edited by XPac; 04-17-2020 at 08:27 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I wouldn't say it necessariy does either.

It certainly doesn't HELP wrestling. But showing the darkside of wrestling doesn't really hurt it, anymore than those "behind the scenes" documentaries about the vices of the music industry or hollywood really hurts them. Obviously it shows negative aspects of wrestling which might turn off SOME people... but overall it's just something on the internet, and the internet pretty much bashed anything if you look hard enough. Whatever damage the internet can do, damage already done.
    Good point. I would say that the music and movie business have a much better rep than pro wrestling, so even the dark stuff is romanticized.
    Last edited by HUTHAIFA; 04-17-2020 at 08:31 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    What the WWE did was trash

the company has a 250 million dollar plus cash reserve, a portion of which could have kept everyone paid for the next 12 months

THATS WHY YOU HAVE A CASH RESERVE

and the stock took a jump after the cuts were announced, yall keep suckling at Vinces teat if you want
    WWE Is a public company you can google it, cash reserves are about 90M.

However, looking at their financials you can make the argument that their income would still be more than enough to pay people even with the downturn. So I do think it's true that the releases were purely a profit driven motive.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    That's the most Cornette like post that I have read from you.....lol.

Here is question for everyone...

Is Dark side of the Ring helping the perception of wrestling or hurting it? I enjoyed the series a great deal, but it really exposes some ugly.
    this stuff needs to be known or at the very least, more well known. i mean, my brother in law never heard of new jack before his ep on "darkside of the ring".

it's wrestling history. and history isn't always pretty but people still need to know about it, less they are doom to make the same mistakes.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

That's the most Cornette like post that I have read from you.....lol.

Here is question for everyone...

Is Dark side of the Ring helping the perception of wrestling or hurting it? I enjoyed the series a great deal, but it really exposes some ugly.
    I don't think dark side is hurting wrestling. The show has shown the industry a lot of respect and isn't always focused on scandal.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Despite the fact that I don't think he's what I would consider a good wrestler, there is something about him which I think gets people to gravitate towards him. He's got almost a Jeff Hardy vibe (though I think Jeff overall is a much better sports entertainer). I think he could potentially can be a big draw (though it would be nice if he learned to actually wrestle without relying on stupid bumps which will likely catch up to him one day).

That said, I'm glad he's not in the WWE. It migth be good for him to go a place which forces him to actually learn his craft in a safer manner for his own good, but I doubt Vince wants that sort of person in his lockeroom. It's a potential PR problem waiting to happen, and unlike in AEW people would actually notice if he worked for Vince.
    Eh, people said many of the same things about Ricochet and he's improved by leaps and bounds while in the WWE.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Eh, people said many of the same things about Ricochet and he's improved by leaps and bounds while in the WWE.
    I think Ricochet is far better than Darby. I like Darby, but Ricochet Ricochet was having great matches before he signed in NXT.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't think dark side is hurting wrestling. The show has shown the industry a lot of respect and isn't always focused on scandal.
    it's been pretty fair as far i can tell. even with the benoit ep, you do get some people talking positively about benoit before it happened. even nancy's sister said she might be able to forgive him for what he did, given what we learned about what lead up to it and what may have caused it. if they wanted to do some overly dramatic stuff about it, they wouldn't have gotten daniel on there, still saying he loves his dad.

Ultimate Member

It's similar to those BTS documentaries that they do on musicians, actors, etc. People already know or suspect that they have skeletons in their closets, and it is interesting to hear about, but it doesn't stop people from buying the music/seeing the films still afterwards.

As for Darby, he's just got that "it" factor. There's just something about him that makes him feel like a star, yeah Jeff Hardy is a pretty decent comparison I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Ricochet "...improved by leaps and bounds?" Is that a pun?
    Watching television is not an activity.

Astonishing Member

Wow, that was a potentially star-making promo by Sonya Deville! GIVE THEM THE MAIN EVENT!!!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Money in the Bank will have a new match format this year
    https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1251312417163874307

It's going to be like the WWE superbowl commercial taken up to 20.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Money in the Bank will have a new match format this year
    https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1251312417163874307

It's going to be like the WWE superbowl commercial taken up to 20.
    Yeah it has the potential to be super fun!

(Prediction: Ronda Rousey flies in from helicopter to steal women's MITB brief case)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Wow, that was a potentially star-making promo by Sonya Deville! GIVE THEM THE MAIN EVENT!!!
    That was a refreshing blast of personality.

Speaking of personality, Big E celebration was hall of fame worthy.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

I think Ricochet is far better than Darby. I like Darby, but Ricochet Ricochet was having great matches before he signed in NXT.
    Eh, I wasn't comparing them as wrestlers, just what people were saying about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Ricochet "...improved by leaps and bounds?" Is that a pun?
    I didn't even notice, lol.