Page 1080 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 8058098010301070107610771078107910801081108210831084109011301180 ... LastLast
Results 16,186 to 16,200 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    That's the most Cornette like post that I have read from you.....lol.

Here is question for everyone...

Is Dark side of the Ring helping the perception of wrestling or hurting it? I enjoyed the series a great deal, but it really exposes some ugly.
    are you saying the post was corny, irrelevant or both??

I think Ricochet is far better than Darby. I like Darby, but Ricochet Ricochet was having great matches before he signed in NXT.
    agreed on both points, but I must say that there is a +10yr gap in xperience between the 2 and I don't think ricochet has improved by leaps and bounds while in the WWE(nor did he need to).

imo people saying darby doesn't know how to work/actually wrestle probably don't know what working really is, maybe they think it's technical wrestling idk. it's like they focus only on the 1 or 2 huge bumps and forget the rest. it is my ring psychological analysis that if you replaced the stupid bumps with safer ones his matches would still be good or if you leave them as they are he still worked really well as an underdog face.

most recently I watched a match with darby vs black Taurus where darby was getting the **** beat out of him, he tried to use his speed and agility but Taurus is very quick and agile himself so he kept cutting him off. finally darby engaged Taurus in a blow for blow strike xchange in which he was clearly outmatched but when Taurus was waiting for darby to strike him darby instead pinned him with that last supper/figure four pin thing for the win. the match was completely devoid of psychology and storytelling, I gave it minus 6 snowflakes.

Ultimate Member

Sonya's promo was quite good. I keep saying she has potential, hopefully she gets a chance to show it now.

There had better be a really good payoff for Sasha with this story. Losing at Mania again, losing to freaking Tamnina. If this is all just leading up to her losing in the end again, or having another short and lame title reign, then there will be no more excuses for how WWE books her.

I'm a bit surprised Dana and Bryan won.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Sonya's promo was quite good. I keep saying she has potential, hopefully she gets a chance to show it now.

There had better be a really good payoff for Sasha with this story. Losing at Mania again, losing to freaking Tamnina. If this is all just leading up to her losing in the end again, or having another short and lame title reign, then there will be no more excuses for how WWE books her.

I'm a bit surprised Dana and Bryan won.
    I think the pay off for Sasha has to be feuding and likely beating Bayley for the title. Obviousy Tamina isn't winning it, and frankly there's no one else at this point in the division worth giving the title to as Bayley and basically beaten everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Yeah it has the potential to be super fun!

(Prediction: Ronda Rousey flies in from helicopter to steal women's MITB brief case)
    It's another possibility to explore the concept of cinematic wrestling, which could be fun. Again, I wouldn't want cinamatic wrestling all the time... but I think this works.

I definately think there's a descent chance Ronda gets factored into things at some point. Not necessarily in MITB (though I wouldn't be shocked if it were the case). She's a bit more vocal on social media and she's generating heat for herself (which IMO is all a work). And if Shayna gets a rematch with Becky down the line, Ronda or the other horsewomen getting involved gives Becky a protected loss.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    She's a bit more vocal on social media and she's generating heat for herself (which IMO is all a work).
    I don't think it's a work. Ronda is as soft as wet tissue. Every apparent in her behavior in the two fights she lost and not getting the desired reaction when she got her ass beat by Charlotte in Survivor Series.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think the pay off for Sasha has to be feuding and likely beating Bayley for the title. Obviousy Tamina isn't winning it, and frankly there's no one else at this point in the division worth giving the title to as Bayley and basically beaten everyone else.

Sasha needs to not just win the title, but have a proper reign with it finally.

Astonishing Member

Sasha needs to not just win the title, but have a proper reign with it finally.
    I could see Sasha winning MITB. I could see a Barista vs HHH theme where Bayley tries to convince Sasha to cash it in on Becky for months. I would definitely make the rule that whoever's win the MITB can cash it in on any world champ. It just creates a better story.

The men's champions are both faces, so taking the belt off either could be a great heel moment.

I could see Sasha winning MITB. I could see a Barista vs HHH theme where Bayley tries to convince Sasha to cash it in on Becky for months. I would definitely make the rule that whoever's win the MITB can cash it in on any world champ. It just creates a better story.

The men's champions are both faces, so taking the belt off either could be a great heel moment.
    I think they already established that a mitb winner can c hff challenge their own brand, but I agree they should be able to challenge any brand. It's fun seeing them show up on other shows even as a tease.

With every title being held by a horsewoman, Sasha being able to challenge any of them is cool.

Ultimate Member

So is Becky just not going to be on the show? I mean I'd think they'd at least give her a filler feud ala Bayley vs. Tamina.

So is Becky just not going to be on the show? I mean I'd think they'd at least give her a filler feud ala Bayley vs. Tamina.
    There's still time to throw something together. The bulk of the womans division was occupied last RAW with the MITB qualifies. But now we've at least got Kairi and Ruby freed up for a descent filler feud.

WOuldn't be THAT shocking if Bayzler won, then cashed in on Becky at the PPV.

Astonishing Member

Having Becky lose by cash-in is a good way to protect her...

As of right now, SummerSlam is in Boston--that's Sasha Bank's hometown. If that feud is going to end with her with the title--then that's where it ends.

I think the MITB Women's side could use another really good worker to help Asuka hold the match together. (Though if it's totally cinematic then it doesn't matter too much)

Ultimate Member

On paper having Dana, Nia, and Shayna all in that match seems, iffy. But we'll see if she can pull it off. Asuka winning would be cool. If reports that Vince and co have been impressed with her performance during these empty arena shows as true, that'd be a nice way to reward here I think.?

As for Becky, her vs, Liv (if Liv is not in the ladder match for some bizarre reason) could be a fun filler feud. Gives both for them something to do. Liv will murder herself to make Becky's offense look good and it can be another "Liv looks really good even in defeat" moment for her.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't mind Becky sitting this one out. Give her a small break if there's nothing for her. It's better than having her as an afterthought.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't mind Becky sitting this one out. Give her a small break if there's nothing for her. It's better than having her as an afterthought.
    I agree with that. Becky should sit out and probably do commentary for the women's MITB.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

according to reports, vince has decreed that not only would there be no explanation on-screen as to why roman bowed out for his match with oldberg and Braun replacing him, but there would also be no mention of him on tv.

also, it seems that roman bowed out not just for his own health but the health of his kids since his wife just gave birth to twins.