Page 1081 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 8158198110311071107710781079108010811082108310841085109111311181 ... LastLast
Results 16,201 to 16,215 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    according to reports, vince has decreed that not only would there be no explanation on-screen as to why roman bowed out for his match with oldberg and Braun replacing him, but there would also be no mention of him on tv.

also, it seems that roman bowed out not just for his own health but the health of his kids since his wife just gave birth to twins.
    Proud of Romans decision and happy for the new additions to his life.

Make sense not to mention Roman until you know what you are going to do with Roman.

Spectacular Member

Why did they put a nobody wrestler up against Sheamus? Do you all like seeing the mens tag team belts change hands alot on smackdown?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Proud of Romans decision and happy for the new additions to his life.

Make sense not to mention Roman until you know what you are going to do with Roman.
    say what you want about how he's booked, roman seems like a legit nice guy who looks out for everyone.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    Why did they put a nobody wrestler up against Sheamus? Do you all like seeing the mens tag team belts change hands alot on smackdown?
    I am surprised that Big E celebration didn't go viral.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

this is the gimmick the revival would've had if they stayed with the E.

if true, then..............ew.

What is it.....?

Extraordinary Member

Because the basis of his beef is that the announcers aren't putting over his "dominant performances", instead focusing on Jeff Hardy

The usage of enhancement talent is an interesting trade off.

It allows a wrestler to look dominant, without squashing a "real" talent. But it still a jobber squash match, which can equate to basically a bathroom break.

That said, I'm a little more forgiving of it now given the current situation. You don't want to necessarily fly out as much talent these days. Using whatever local guys are around is just easier.

are they wearing lipstick??

anyways i know i'm in the minority but i've never got the big deal abut those guys. good team for sure but i see nothing special about them at all and no reason to throw big money at them. i'm all for them going to the nwa.

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Which is all the more reason it sucks that he's such a miserable human being.

Despite the fact that I don't think he's what I would consider a good wrestler, there is something about him which I think gets people to gravitate towards him. He's got almost a Jeff Hardy vibe (though I think Jeff overall is a much better sports entertainer). I think he could potentially can be a big draw (though it would be nice if he learned to actually wrestle without relying on stupid bumps which will likely catch up to him one day).

That said, I'm glad he's not in the WWE. It migth be good for him to go a place which forces him to actually learn his craft in a safer manner for his own good, but I doubt Vince wants that sort of person in his lockeroom. It's a potential PR problem waiting to happen, and unlike in AEW people would actually notice if he worked for Vince.
    is he miserable? he's an introvert out of the ring, that isn't miserable last I checked

also its worth noting (in response to my earlier post) that both ROH and NJPW are paying their talent normally for the time being

but the biggest promotion on the planet has to slash and burn

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    is he miserable? he's an introvert out of the ring, that isn't miserable last I checked

also its worth noting (in response to my earlier post) that both ROH and NJPW are paying their talent normally for the time being

Darby likes to engage in reckless behavior just for the hell of it. In his interview with Chris Van Vilet, he never met his wife's father as he's been incarcerated. He was suppose to finally meet him on the day of the wedding as he was getting released a short time before then. His plan was to pepper spray him when he met him just because.

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Darby likes to engage in reckless behavior just for the hell of it. In his interview with Chris Van Vilet, he never met his wife's father as he's been incarcerated. He was suppose to finally meet him on the day of the wedding as he was getting released a short time before then. His plan was to pepper spray him when he met him just because.
    his wife is Priscilla Kelly

they are both a bit on the off side

Ive met Darby at various meet and greets for Northeast Wrestling (probably the longest running promotion here in New England) and he's quiet but otherwise is pleasant to talk to

Intermediary

Adam Thorstowe (sp?) of Reno Scum is an emergency room worker and is sharing his current work with Impact

I think they are airing the "Impact At Home" special in a couple weeks

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post

Miserable doesn't have to mean unhappy... it can also mean deporable or contemptible. Use whatever word you want, the point being the guy seems to be a pretty messed up questionable human being.

And honestly I was starting to like the guy as a fan too.
    Last edited by XPac; 04-19-2020 at 06:58 AM.