Page 1082 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 8258298210321072107810791080108110821083108410851086109211321182 ... LastLast
Results 16,216 to 16,230 of 19298

Here’s something that’s beginning to irk me, fans getting mad whenever a heel cheats to win, I mean, come on, they’re heels, they’re supposed to be the bad guys and these fans see that as a negative, wtf.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    Here’s something that’s beginning to irk me, fans getting mad whenever a heel cheats to win, I mean, come on, they’re heels, they’re supposed to be the bad guys and these fans see that as a negative, wtf.
    Oh my brother or sister(it's the internet),....Welcome to my Church of Rasslin.

First Rule Of Heeldom

If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.

You're supposed to fake hate them... you're just not supposed to really hate them.

Heels WANT you to boo them... they want heat from you. A heel knows they did their job when it looks like the audience want to jump the guard railes to get a piece of them.

BUT at the end of the day we all know it's pre-determined fiction and they're just following the script. Us "hating" the heels in theory should just be a part of the show. In theory.

It's also the type of heel. It makes sense for a weaselly heel like Sami Zayn to cheat. But when a monster heel cheats when they could easily win clean, it just looks wrong. Monster heels should only cheat when their opponent uses his wits to beat him. Then the monster heel can get frustrated and use the ropes or hit below the belt or bring in a foreign object.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Astonishing Member

People send actors who play terrible characters death threats on television shows, so it kinda just goes to show what kind of people there are out there...

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    It's also the type of heel. It makes sense for a weaselly heel like Sami Zayn to cheat. But when a monster heel cheats when they could easily win clean, it just looks wrong. Monster heels should only cheat when their opponent uses his wits to beat him. Then the monster heel can get frustrated and use the ropes or hit below the belt or bring in a foreign object.
    That's a fair distunction to make.

Though it's fair to say all heels in general shouldn't be above cheating if they have to, it can make CERTAIN heels look weaker if they need to cheat too often or against faces who are lower on the card. A good monster heel, like a WCW Vader in his prime or early TnA Samoa Joe won a fair amount of the time clean and that was perfectly fine. They established that were were simply that dominant. It would actually water them down if they were booked TOO MUCH contrary to that.

But obviously the same logic wouldn't apply to a Ric Flair or Million Dollar Man. It would almost be disappointing if they didn't semi-regularly cheat, because that's just a part of the character.

Moral of the story being different types of wrestlers need to be booked differently

It reminds of me of Bobby Roode's world title reign in TNA and how fans constantly complained about him always cheating to win

It reminds of me of Bobby Roode's world title reign in TNA and how fans constantly complained about him always cheating to win
    There can also be certain double standards thrown in the mix of things.

If you're an internet darling, it's possible that a portion of the internet fan base might be a bit more critical of a person being booked in a way which might be perceived as weak. And if you're in the dog house as far as the internet wrestling community goes, it's possible a wrestler can be criticized when booked too strong.

In all likelihood few would complain too much if say an AJ Styles or a Fin Balor win clean too often even as heels. But Seth doesn't seem like he's on a lot of people's Christmas card list these days, so if he wins clean TOO MUCH I would start expecting a few complaints here and there. Just a smatter.

But we have to remember the internet is the internet. People are always going to be hating on SOMETHING.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    There is more than one way to "cheat". IMHO, a monster heel should be behave as a heel. They should show a total disregard for their opponent. They should humiliate and torture whenever possible. They should be trying to injure or end the career of their opponent for no reason whatsoever.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, it depends on what type of heat and threat the heel is supposed to give the face. You can have anything from Snidely Whiplash to Doomsday as the basis of a Heel.

I think part of the thing about the heels, period, though, is they have to be entertaining. If a monster heel can be entertaining and cheat, than it’s not bad when he cheats. Of a cheatin’ heel can manage an entertaining mostly clean victory, than it’s not bad to show him doing that.

Part of the problem with “Bad Heels” is that either their comedic timing is off, or things become so rote that there’s nothing interesting about what they do.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Ultimate Member

Heels generally should cheat to win. As the other guys have pointed out, monster heels should win some matches clean but even they should cheat every now and then.

One of most dominant monster heels of all time- Yokozuna had Mr Fuji interfere in a number of his matches and he himself used a salt a lot. But in the midst of all this, he was booked to look super freaking strong. Same with guys like the Undetaker and Sid Justice.

That’s not to say that a heel should cheat all the time but if a heel doesn’t cheat or act nasty, then the booking isn’t entirely appropriate. Kayfabe is dead, heels should be booked plainly as heels IMHO.
    Last edited by Username taken; 04-19-2020 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Heels generally should cheat to win. As the other guys have pointed out, monster heels should win some matches clean but even they should cheat every now and then.

One of most dominant monster heels of all time- Yokozuna had Mr Fuji interfere in a number of his matches and he himself used a salt a lot. But in the midst of all this, he was booked to look super freaking strong. Same with guys like the Undetaker and Sid Justice.

That’s not to say that a heel should cheat all the time but if a heel doesn’t cheat or act nasty, then the booking isn’t entirely appropriate. Kayfabe is dead, heels should be booked plainly as heels IMHO.
    In the least, a monster heel can be expected to cheat against the top babyface.

Heel Undertaker can beat Tug Boat clean, but when he's in there against a Hogan in his prime you'll see a fair amount of outside interference or the usage of a foreign object.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In the least, a monster heel can be expected to cheat against the top babyface.

Heel Undertaker can beat Tug Boat clean, but when he's in there against a Hogan in his prime you'll see a fair amount of outside interference or the usage of a foreign object.
    Exactly (10 char).

FS1 aired three episodes of the Ruthless Aggression series so I was finally able to watch some of them. Overall pretty good, but it made me wish they would cover some topics they won't.

I'd love to see an episode on the Smackdown Six, but they can't for obvious reasons. Them and Brock were Smackdown for a large portion of that era, and really differentiated that show from Raw.

I also found it amusing that they did an entire episode on Brock without even interviewing Brock. Really shows the type of person he is (and I don't say that in a bad way, just that he's not the type of person to do this kind of thing).
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    FS1 aired three episodes of the Ruthless Aggression series so I was finally able to watch some of them. Overall pretty good, but it made me wish they would cover some topics they won't.

I'd love to see an episode on the Smackdown Six, but they can't for obvious reasons. Them and Brock were Smackdown for a large portion of that era, and really differentiated that show from Raw.

I also found it amusing that they did an entire episode on Brock without even interviewing Brock. Really shows the type of person he is (and I don't say that in a bad way, just that he's not the type of person to do this kind of thing).
    Yeah, I think the Ruthless Agression era will be underrated because it came immediately after the Attitude era.

Smackdown during the Smackdown 6 period was some of the best main roster content WWE ever put out.