Page 1084 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 8458498410341074108010811082108310841085108610871088109411341184 ... LastLast
Results 16,246 to 16,260 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Frankly, the fact Nia has proven to be botchy and unsafe for years, and she still is. And yet WWE is still pushing her, and not doing anything about it, is just ridiculous.

Shayna has been floundering on the MR.

Meanwhile Kairi has "underdog babyface" written all over her, and Ruby has all-around talent. So WWE wants again has their priorities wrong imo.

I do agree though that there needs to be a talent shakeup. A few women can go to Raw who can eat pins. And SD is lacking star power, and credible babyfaces, so send some talent there. Right now it's just Sasha and Bayley, who are both heels.
    I don't see Shayna floundering at all. I think she's being booked as a great monster heel right now.

As for Kairi ... whether or not she resigns might a a big factor in whether or not she gets pushed. If she's on her way out, you can expect to eat a few pins.

Nia needs to be fired. She's going to seriously injure someone soon. I saw a gif of Kairis head bouncing off the turnbuckle and it was just....oof

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Nia needs to be fired. She's going to seriously injure someone soon. I saw a gif of Kairis head bouncing off the turnbuckle and it was just....oof
    Honestly I think the buckle bomb should just be taken off wrestlers movesets. Even good wrestlers have had back luck with that move.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I think the buckle bomb should just be taken off wrestlers movesets. Even good wrestlers have had back luck with that move.
    It still won't do anything given how dangerous Nia is.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It still won't do anything given how dangerous Nia is.
    She's not the only wrestler that does the move though. Seth has injured at least 2 wrestlers using it, ending Stings career and killing Balors Universal title run. And Seth overall I would consider a pretty good wrestler. Heck, I think Seth injured HIMSELF while trying to hit the move back in the day.

Not that I'm necessarily disputing the arguement that Nias botches need to be addressed, but I think the move itself is a potential issue on it's own.

Ultimate Member

Piper Niven has the same basic body type as Nia, but the former is almost universally praised. Samoa Joe, Kevin Owens, Otis, Bray Wyatt until fairly recently, Big Show. They were all big guys, but they could pull it off. Bianca is strong AF to.

Nia is just sloppy and hasn't improved at all. Nia's also a great example of how being "big" doesn't automatically make you "strong." She clearly lacks upper body strength and cardio. Meanwhile someone like Io, who's like 5'1" is strong as a bull.

As for Kairi, she's talked about being part of WWE's Japan tour, which is scheduled for July I think. So this being because of her contract seems, questionable, at this point. More likely, given how she's been booked on the MR overall, Vince and co just aren't invested much in her.
    Last edited by Punisher007; 04-21-2020 at 08:26 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    She's not the only wrestler that does the move though. Seth has injured at least 2 wrestlers using it, ending Stings career and killing Balors Universal title run. And Seth overall I would consider a pretty good wrestler. Heck, I think Seth injured HIMSELF while trying to hit the move back in the day.

Not that I'm necessarily disputing the arguement that Nias botches need to be addressed, but I think the move itself is a potential issue on it's own.
    I agree with you on the buckle bomb. It's really hard for a wrestler to protect themselves when getting thrown blind in the air like that

I also agree with you that some talent needs to be moved. I would move Kari and Liv to SD. Hell, do it early since everyone is quaranitined.

The WWE is missing a chance to restructure their product.

With no audience reaction this is the time to restructure your shows and to take chances.

This is the time to make stars via vignettes, sit down promos, and big time matches. This is the time to get away from the 3 man both.

The most entertaining announcers last night were Vega and The Street Profits.

PS.
    Charly Caruso........ DDDAAAAAMMMMNNNN

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Piper Niven has the same basic body type as Nia, but the former is almost universally praised. Samoa Joe, Kevin Owens, Otis, Bray Wyatt until fairly recently, Big Show. They were all big guys, but they could pull it off. Bianca is strong AF to.

Nia is just sloppy and hasn't improved at all. Nia's also a great example of how being "big" doesn't automatically make you "strong." She clearly lacks upper body strength and cardio. Meanwhile someone like Io, who's like 5'1" is strong as a bull.

As for Kairi, she's talked about being part of WWE's Japan tour, which is scheduled for July I think. So this being because of her contract seems, questionable, at this point. More likely, given how she's been booked on the MR overall, Vince and co just aren't invested much in her.
    I'm not necessarily saying that the contract issue is the ONLY reason why Kairi is taking a lot of pins... even if her contract issue is resolved she likely would anyways.

In the Kabuki Warriors Asuka is the more protected of the two despite losing a fair amount of her mystique. So if they're in a tag feud and someone needs to eat a pin, it's likely going to be Kaire. And like I said earlier, in a division as stacked as RAWs right now it's next to impossible for any mid-card female to get elevated. It's too stacked with top stars and monster heels.

But until she signs a contract, one way or the other it's doubtful anything would change. Maybe she did sign a contract already and no one is reporting it. Don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I agree with you on the buckle bomb. It's really hard for a wrestler to protect themselves when getting thrown blind in the air like that

I also agree with you that some talent needs to be moved. I would move Kari and Liv to SD. Hell, do it early since everyone is quaranitined.

The WWE is missing a chance to restructure their product.

With no audience reaction this is the time to restructure your shows and to take chances.

This is the time to make stars via vignettes, sit down promos, and big time matches. This is the time to get away from the 3 man both.

The most entertaining announcers last night were Vega and The Street Profits.

PS.
    Charly Caruso........ DDDAAAAAMMMMNNNN
    WWE usually does a superstar shake up after Wrestlemania, so I'm expecting one in a month or so. But we'll see. Maybe they're just holding off some big stuff to see if the current issues get resolved. A big part of those shake ups is the reaction fans give when a big star switches brands. But it might be worth it to just go ahead and do it.

Ultimate Member

Nia needs to be spoken to.

If she’s keeps injuring her opponents, then she should be sent back to developmental. Or fired.

Simple.

In any other profession, you can’t keep making dangerous mistakes and get away with it. Doubly so when said profession could involve serious bodily harm.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Nia needs to be spoken to.

If she’s keeps injuring her opponents, then she should be sent back to developmental. Or fired.

Simple.

In any other profession, you can’t keep making dangerous mistakes and get away with it. Doubly so when said profession could involve serious bodily harm.
    Kairi was totally fine. She tucked her head and landed on her butt. It was a "near miss" that could have been devastating and maybe given her another concussion.

I understand why they wanted to put that in there and why they did the match (the visual of having Kairi getting ragged doll around makes Nia look really good and Kairi does it really well). But maybe they should keep it simpler with Nia.

Astonishing Member

Eric Bischoff made a great point on his podcast. He said that the ratings that we are getting from our wrestling shows should be alarming. Right now, wrestling is the only "sport" in town, and the WWE and AEW are losing to Netflix binges. There are no spoilers or anything. Fandom feels like the shows don't matter.

This is the time to make changes. This is the time to make yourself a better TV show. Only your most hardcore are watching now.

I like Braun as a champion, but there is really no one that I am interested seeing face Braun fight on SD. The SD women's division is a joke. There is really no reason for NXT UK to exist. Why is Charlotte on Raw? She doesn't make a difference in the rating right now. There are nobfans paying to see her.

They are finally using the performance center correctly. They are letting these rookies be enhancement talent. They get exposure and your main roster people get wins against talent that don't look like they are from Jobbers R Us

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Kairi was totally fine. She tucked her head and landed on her butt. It was a "near miss" that could have been devastating and maybe given her another concussion.

I understand why they wanted to put that in there and why they did the match (the visual of having Kairi getting ragged doll around makes Nia look really good and Kairi does it really well). But maybe they should keep it simpler with Nia.
    Outside of building up Nia, I suspect the point of the Kaire/Jax matches are to indirectly build a feud with Asuka and Nia. They're both in MITB, and I think they just want to give a little bit of extra storyline to the build up of that match.

But yeah, I think they understand that Kairi is a very good person to make Nia look good. She's small, athletic, and can really look sympathetic when she's taking bumps even as a heel. And for what it's worth, I don't think Kairi necessarily looked that bad in this match either. They definately gave her a sort of underdog vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Eric Bischoff made a great point on his podcast. He said that the ratings that we are getting from our wrestling shows should be alarming. Right now, wrestling is the only "sport" in town, and the WWE and AEW are losing to Netflix binges. There are no spoilers or anything. Fandom feels like the shows don't matter.

This is the time to make changes. This is the time to make yourself a better TV show. Only your most hardcore are watching now.

I like Braun as a champion, but there is really no one that I am interested seeing face Braun fight on SD. The SD women's division is a joke. There is really no reason for NXT UK to exist. Why is Charlotte on Raw? She doesn't make a difference in the rating right now. There are nobfans paying to see her.

They are finally using the performance center correctly. They are letting these rookies be enhancement talent. They get exposure and your main roster people get wins against talent that don't look like they are from Jobbers R Us
    For what it's worth, I DO think the recent Smackdowns and RAWs have been better than average. Not necessarily great... but solid. So I think they're trying.

Astonishing Member

I feel like we've had a lot of wrestling even if there are a lot of squash matches.