Page 1085 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 8558598510351075108110821083108410851086108710881089109511351185 ... LastLast
Results 16,261 to 16,275 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I feel like we've had a lot of wrestling even if there are a lot of squash matches.
    I think the fact that a lot of the squash matches are NXT people who are allowed to get a bit of offense in there helps quite a bit. It's a big step up from local jobber enhancement talent matches most of the time at least. And it protects mid card guys like Cedric Alexander a bit from taking too many pins when they want to put someone over.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Eric Bischoff made a great point on his podcast. He said that the ratings that we are getting from our wrestling shows should be alarming. Right now, wrestling is the only "sport" in town, and the WWE and AEW are losing to Netflix binges. There are no spoilers or anything. Fandom feels like the shows don't matter.

This is the time to make changes. This is the time to make yourself a better TV show. Only your most hardcore are watching now.

I like Braun as a champion, but there is really no one that I am interested seeing face Braun fight on SD. The SD women's division is a joke. There is really no reason for NXT UK to exist. Why is Charlotte on Raw? She doesn't make a difference in the rating right now. There are nobfans paying to see her.

They are finally using the performance center correctly. They are letting these rookies be enhancement talent. They get exposure and your main roster people get wins against talent that don't look like they are from Jobbers R Us
    On the one hand Bischoff has a point about the numbers. On the orher he burnt two companies downn so hes got a mountain of salt with him.

Astonishing Member

Eric Bischoff made a great point on his podcast. He said that the ratings that we are getting from our wrestling shows should be alarming. Right now, wrestling is the only "sport" in town, and the WWE and AEW are losing to Netflix binges. There are no spoilers or anything. Fandom feels like the shows don't matter.
    I disagree slightly--even if there were live sports now, I think unless it were like playoffs, they would be taking a nosedive as well.

Everything is down due to the pandemic. Everyone is watching the news. WWE put up a press release saying Wrestlemania was one of the most viewed ever and was the most "social event" they've ever had in terms of mentions on social media.

The networks aren't mad and is still giving WWE it's money even though they aren't live because ratings are good in comparison to other things they are showing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Outside of building up Nia, I suspect the point of the Kaire/Jax matches are to indirectly build a feud with Asuka and Nia. They're both in MITB, and I think they just want to give a little bit of extra storyline to the build up of that match.

But yeah, I think they understand that Kairi is a very good person to make Nia look good. She's small, athletic, and can really look sympathetic when she's taking bumps even as a heel. And for what it's worth, I don't think Kairi necessarily looked that bad in this match either. They definately gave her a sort of underdog vibe.
    It didn't work, people have been crapping on Nia for the match if anything. Even people who normally defend her aren't doing so here. WWE needs to do something about this finally.

WWE needs to understand that "underdog" doesn't mean "loser who loses every match" as well. This crap is WAY below how talented Kairi is.

https://v.redd.it/ttwe616nl6u41

Stuff like this, or how much fanfare Kairi had when coming to WWE and winning the MYC. And now she's losing every match she's in and being cannon fodder for the Human Botch Machine. Sorry, but Vince and co have just dropped the ball with her HARD!! They clearly have zero clue of the talent they have with her.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It didn't work, people have been crapping on Nia for the match if anything. Even people who normally defend her aren't doing so here. WWE needs to do something about this finally.

WWE needs to understand that "underdog" doesn't mean "loser who loses every match" as well. This crap is WAY below how talented Kairi is.

https://v.redd.it/ttwe616nl6u41

Stuff like this, or how much fanfare Kairi had when coming to WWE and winning the MYC. And now she's losing every match she's in and being cannon fodder for the Human Botch Machine. Sorry, but Vince and co have just dropped the ball with her HARD!! They clearly have zero clue of the talent they have with her.
    Certainly Nia's near botch potentially made her look bad, but the point being Kairi was a good person in that position to sell for her. It obviously wasn't Kairi's fault if Nia messed up... Kairi did her part and she did it very well.

But that aside, I think being Asuka's tag team partner ultimately meant that Kairi was going to take a lot of losses. For any tag loses Kairi would take the pin to protect Asuka. And for any singles feuds Asuka might have, Kairi would effectively act as Asuka's sub-boss. You beat Kairi, then go on to face Asuka. I think that's a part of the reason why Kairi wrestled Nia twice.

Assuming Kairi sticks around, a move to Smackdown might be good for her. Though it would be a bit of a loss for the womans tag division if they split them up. BUt maybe if Kairi tagged with Io down the line instead of Asuka, Kairi would be potrayed as more of an equal than a side kick.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Kairi was totally fine. She tucked her head and landed on her butt. It was a "near miss" that could have been devastating and maybe given her another concussion.

I understand why they wanted to put that in there and why they did the match (the visual of having Kairi getting ragged doll around makes Nia look really good and Kairi does it really well). But maybe they should keep it simpler with Nia.
    Nia needs to learn how to work better.

Shes not the first female monster.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Not to be that guy, but there is something about being a wrestling fan where I don't believe any report especially anonymous ones. It's probably accurate but I just have this faulty B's alarm.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Nia needs to learn how to work better.

Shes not the first female monster.
    Agreed. You can be a safe monster. Simple moves carry so much more impact when you twice the size of your opponent. I say that for Nias safety as well. Two knee surgeries at the same time is not good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Not necessarily great... but solid.
    I've said this elsewhere and I'll say it here. Considering how much tv WWE puts out, people need to accept that for the vast majority of it, "solid" or average, is what you are going to get.

I dont care who books it, I dont care what wrestlers you have, 5 hours of TV a week, every week of every month, 12 months and 52 weeks a year, year on year, plus monthly ppvs of anywhere between 4-6 hoursat time. No one can consistently put out shows that are going to be "great".

Now that doesnt excuse objectively terrible shows or booking decisions, nor does it mean that no show can be good, but to think every show has to be great or it's a critisicm is just wilfully blinding yourself to the reality of the situation.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureBliss View Post
    I've said this elsewhere and I'll say it here. Considering how much tv WWE puts out, people need to accept that for the vast majority of it, "solid" or average, is what you are going to get.

I dont care who books it, I dont care what wrestlers you have, 5 hours of TV a week, every week of every month, 12 months and 52 weeks a year, year on year, plus monthly ppvs of anywhere between 4-6 hoursat time. No one can consistently put out shows that are going to be "great".

Now that doesnt excuse objectively terrible shows or booking decisions, nor does it mean that no show can be good, but to think every show has to be great or it's a critisicm is just wilfully blinding yourself to the reality of the situation.
    If I had an applause button, I was pushing it do hard it would break .

Hey Immortal, That was the meme of the day .

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureBliss View Post

I'll happily take solid on a consistent basis ... which is arguably what we've been getting for the past 2-3 weeks.

I think the product has arguably been more consistent post Wrestlemania than it was prior to the pandemic for whatever reason.

Hopefully it lasts.

XFL commissioner is suing Vince for wrongful termination
    https://www.espn.com/xfl/story/_/id/...n?platform=amp

Ultimate Member

As much as I’ve given WWE ****, the highlights I’m seeing on YouTube are pretty good. I love Drew McIntyre as champion and I can see the guy carrying the company for next few years. The booking just needs to be on point.

All things considered, WWE deserve credit for their effort given the circumstances.