Page 1088 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 8858898810381078108410851086108710881089109010911092109811381188 ... LastLast
Results 16,306 to 16,320 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    It was incredibly stupid. Shamrock is an MMA legend. He could have just choked Sami out. It was a no dq match. I guess someone thought this was Sami badass Austin moment but that went down like a wet fart.

If you had to "redeem", you that against Tessa. You have OVE terrorize Tessa at every point. Random beatdowns and so on. You have a mysterious figure save her, and then you reveal it's Sami. Picking a fight with a guy who is about to retire isn't bad ass.
    yeah the whole thing was a bad idea but the ankle sleeper just made it that much worse.

Jake Atlas Cartwheel DDT is just everything right now.

Also Damn Drake Maverick can cut a promo. I could see him doing some announcing.
    idk if anybody remembers me posting at the the beginning of 2019 or maybe late 2018 about jake atlas having a big year ahead of him and ending up signed somewhere but i predicted his finisher would get over big. did they actually call it the LGB DDT??

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The Women's Tag Match was quite good. Although having Shotzi out there showed just how much more interesting and fun she is as a babyface than Tegan. In fact, Tegan was the least interesting women in the match.

Nese vs. KUSHIDA was great and that finish was fantastic.

The Kross/Scarlett vignette was good. Hopefully we get to actually see Scarlett finally soon.

EHF vs. Gallagher was also really good. Wonder if this means EHF isn't the leader of the kidnappers, or if he staged this to throw people off?

Robert Stone may have just turned babyface tonight. ;

Johnny and Candice had a great segment. I like Candice's new look, and she's not entirely wrong in what she said. I like that.

Between Raw and NXT, it's obvious the NXT Women's Title is just the "give Charlotte Flair something to do" belt, this is all about her. Fantastic. Her showing up, is a generic arrogant bitch who insults the other women, then probably beats them clean. Wow is not looking interesting.

That Io vignette was badass. If they have her lose to Charlotte, wow will that be dumb.

The ME worked well. Priest look like a bastard, Dream looked good, and Lumis is even more intriguing now. What's his deal?

Overall, solid show.
    is charlotte supposed to be a heel right now?? serious question.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Real or not, I do think it's making Drake a pretty sympathetic character. It's telling a story in an otherwise straight foreward wrestling tournament. In the least, it's got me rooting for him and I don't think I'd be doing that otherwise.
    I find the whole thing exploitive. Turning his release into an angle does nothing for him. Nothing will come out of it as he's gone already.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I find the whole thing exploitive. Turning his release into an angle does nothing for him. Nothing will come out of it as he's gone already.
    definitely in poor taste regardless.

That's my point though... I wonder if he's actually gone or it's just sort of a work to garner sympathy. I wouldn't be that shocked if he ends up still with a job at the end of this.

Even if it he is gone though, do think giving him this much air time will raise his stock a bit going out.

That's my point though... I wonder if he's actually gone or it's just sort of a work to garner sympathy. I wouldn't be that shocked if he ends up still with a job at the end of this.

Even if it he is gone though, do think giving him this much air time will raise his stock a bit going out.
    His name was in the list of releases in the WWE site. So his release is not a work. What good does it do him to raise his stock when he can't find work or even go back home to the UK.

it wasn't a work, they may keep/rehire him and use it as a storyline which is as mentioned before in bad taste. maybe more released employees should've put videos online literally in tears to keep their job.

His name was in the list of releases in the WWE site. So his release is not a work. What good does it do him to raise his stock when he can't find work or even go back home to the UK.
    I think getting greater exposure on WWE and possibly greater sympathy with the wrestling fanbase will make it a lot easier for him to find work than if they didn't bother doing this. He's generating a buzz, which is never a bad thing.

Heck, even if this isn't a work I think there's a 50/50 shot they end up rehiring him. That may be overly optimistic... but the fact that they're giving this much airtime to a guy they released stands out. He arguably is getting more mention and face time than anyone else in that tournament except maybe Fantasma.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    it wasn't a work, they may keep/rehire him and use it as a storyline which is as mentioned before in bad taste. maybe more released employees should've put videos online literally in tears to keep their job.
    If TOO many people did it, it would probably water down the effect. But yeah.. I do think putting out an online video showing that much emotion definately helped Drake out. He put a face to the whole thing. Every thumb nail about the firings seemed to have his face on it in the dirtsheets.

Though he was also in a unique positon where he was being used on TV despite being fired... so him doing it gave more to work with.

I think getting greater exposure on WWE and possibly greater sympathy with the wrestling fanbase will make it a lot easier for him to find work than if they didn't bother doing this. He's generating a buzz, which is never a bad thing.

Heck, even if this isn't a work I think there's a 50/50 shot they end up rehiring him. That may be overly optimistic... but the fact that they're giving this much airtime to a guy they released stands out. He arguably is getting more mention and face time than anyone else in that tournament except maybe Fantasma.
    The sympathy will get him nothing. He will lose his matches, he won't get the title and they pissed all over every person they fired. I'm sorry but there's no flipping this into a positive. Everything about this is absolutely disgusting. All they having him do is having work through his 90 day no compete.

Astonishing Member

My guess is that the people in charge of producing/writing the show are different than the one doing releases. And they are using the platform for him to generate sympathy/buzz. Either to get back his job or make sure he is sought after when people are hiring again.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    My guess is that the people in charge of producing/writing the show are different than the one doing releases. And they are using the platform for him to generate sympathy/buzz. Either to get back his job or make sure he is sought after when people are hiring again.
    Drake aside, they did mention Sarah Logan quite a few times on RAW.

I'm sort of hoping this is an indicator that people MIGHT be changing their minds about these two.

Astonishing Member

Drake aside, they did mention Sarah Logan quite a few times on RAW.

I'm sort of hoping this is an indicator that people MIGHT be changing their minds about these two.
    Ryan Satin (I know he has credibility issues) said Sarah Logan was scheduled to be booked on RAW. She didn't re-sign but they wanted to use her. (And she had lots of higher ups going to bat for her)

The sympathy will get him nothing. He will lose his matches, he won't get the title and they pissed all over every person they fired. I'm sorry but there's no flipping this into a positive. Everything about this is absolutely disgusting. All they having him do is having work through his 90 day no compete.
    I still think he might end up with a job when this is over... but again, perhaps I'm being overly optimistic.

I'll say this... if I were Drake, I'd PREFER getting the treatment he's getting now to simply being let go. He's getting airtime, and he's making the most out of it.

Astonishing Member

I still think he might end up with a job when this is over... but again, perhaps I'm being overly optimistic.

I'll say this... if I were Drake, I'd PREFER getting the treatment he's getting now to simply being let go. He's getting airtime, and he's making the most out of it.
    It seems like minds were changed about those two. Vince doesn't mention people , he isn't using. To take the time to make a vignette for a guy, who won't be working for you makes no sense. Also bringing up Sarah Logan so much on Raw was interesting. I don't see the upside of Logan, but I want everyone to have a job.

It seems like minds were changed about those two. Vince doesn't mention people , he isn't using. To take the time to make a vignette for a guy, who won't be working for you makes no sense. Also bringing up Sarah Logan so much on Raw was interesting. I don't see the upside of Logan, but I want everyone to have a job.
    Though Drake has at least a 50/50 shot of sticking around in my mind at least, Sarah might just be wishful thinking on my part. But I still have my fingers crossed.

I'll admit nothing she has done was wowed me in the ring or on the mic... but I think as part of the Riot Squad package, she was fun. I'm still very hopeful for a Riot Squad reunion down the line. I think they're the female equivalent of the New Day in a lot of ways, and I think the womans divison could use that. Particularly in the tag division.