Page 1089 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 8958998910391079108510861087108810891090109110921093109911391189 ... LastLast
Results 16,321 to 16,335 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Dark side of wrestling is killing my childhood. I wonder when we are going to get one on Chyna and The Kliq. Can you guys think of any you would like to see.
    Rikidozan. The guy was the godfather of Japanese wrestling and was straight-up murdered in a bar brawl by a Yakuza member.

Heck, they could do an entire episode on the Yakuza's involvement in Puroresu.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Rikidozan. The guy was the godfather of Japanese wrestling and was straight-up murdered in a bar brawl by a Yakuza member.

Course, if you're the guys making these you might not want to do some sort of expose on the Yakuza.

Astonishing Member

That would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Course, if you're the guys making these you might not want to do some sort of expose on the Yakuza.
    True, but the question was what I wanted to see not what I think they will make

They did dig into the Mafia in this week's episode on Dino Bravo, though, so as long as they stick to the known stories involving them and don't make it a hit job (for lack of a better term), I think they could pull it off without incident.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

True, but the question was what I wanted to see not what I think they will make

They did dig into the Mafia in this week's episode on Dino Bravo, though, so as long as they stick to the known stories involving them and don't make it a hit job (for lack of a better term), I think they could pull it off without incident.
    Yeah, the Bravo episode really was more about crime than anything else.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The Inokism era of New Japan would make for a great episode of Dark Side of the Ring. That was a insane period in the company's history filled with terrible decisions.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Dark side of wrestling is killing my childhood. I wonder when we are going to get one on Chyna and The Kliq. Can you guys think of any you would like to see.
    Its sad for sure about Dino Bravo. But yeah the story is an old one we all knew about in late 1990's when it came out how he was killed.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Intermediary

I love the show, I like that it just lays everthing bare

perhaps on Chyna, but they won't get anyone with the WWE to talk to them about it

at least not anyone that is currently working there

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    I love the show, I like that it just lays everthing bare

perhaps on Chyna, but they won't get anyone with the WWE to talk to them about it

at least not anyone that is currently working there
    Oh Hell Naw!!!

The Story of Chyna makes Steph and HHH look horrible. I am sure line of non WWE guys who will have their knives out.

Intermediary

Oh Hell Naw!!!

The Story of Chyna makes Steph and HHH look horrible. I am sure line of non WWE guys who will have their knives out.
    I look at it this way

if H stays with Chyna, we never get NXT

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    I look at it this way

if H stays with Chyna, we never get NXT
    Speaking of NXT. Am I the only who feels like Velveteen has lost his mojo?

I think a lot of heels, generally speaking lose a bit of their mojo when they turn face.

Astonishing Member

Oh Hell Naw!!!

It's "soap opera'ish", and they did a bad thing but I don't know if it even qualifies as "Dark Side of the Ring".

Ultimate Member

Kind of.

Although the empty arenas aren’t helping guys like Velveteen that feed off audience reactions.

In AEW, Orange Cassidy is kind of in the same boat. Their gimmick works best with audiences reacting to their shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Kind of.

Although the empty arenas aren’t helping guys like Velveteen that feed off audience reactions.

In AEW, Orange Cassidy is kind of in the same boat. Their gimmick works best with audiences reacting to their shenanigans.
    I kind of wish there was an audience for Drake Maverick. I can't help but think the sympathy he's generating could really pop a crowd and potentially help make him a star.