Page 1092 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 9259299210421082108810891090109110921093109410951096110211421192 ... LastLast
Results 16,366 to 16,380 of 19298
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    good

his usefulness probably expired a decade ago
    He was Vince's right hand person basically. Him and Patterson was basically Vince's key guys under him who he trusted the most there. Its a big deal to see him go as either things are hurting worse than we imagined or perhaps Bisco's health isn't the best for this role anymore (he's 73 years old).

I do have to say this for Vince McMahon and all. If he is loyal to you , you will work a long time there. Gerald Brisco and his brother helped Vince get Georgia then and he seemingly was very good to them. He kept them employed for years even when he didn't have to.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Seeing so much of Zelina and Charly on Raw is always fun.

They might be doing something interesting with Apollo finally. Protected him a lot in that US Title match. Hopefully this is leading somewhere interesting with him.

Well I'll give them credit for not having any of the three women actually lose. But when Nia's in the ring with Shayna and Asuka, sorry, I'm not buying this "dominant Nia" thing WWE. Both of the others looked far more powerful despite being smaller.

I don't see the point of Liv vs. Ruby II, it was the exact same as last week. And poor Ruby cannot buy a match these days. Honestly I didn't mind Liv's promo. It at least felt honest, especially since I don't think WWE knows what her character is supposed to be. So what's she supposed to say?

The contract segment was fantastic, both Drew and Seth were brilliant.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Seeing so much of Zelina and Charly on Raw is always fun.

They might be doing something interesting with Apollo finally. Protected him a lot in that US Title match. Hopefully this is leading somewhere interesting with him.

Well I'll give them credit for not having any of the three women actually lose. But when Nia's in the ring with Shayna and Asuka, sorry, I'm not buying this "dominant Nia" thing WWE. Both of the others looked far more powerful despite being smaller.

I don't see the point of Liv vs. Ruby II, it was the exact same as last week. And poor Ruby cannot buy a match these days. Honestly I didn't mind Liv's promo. It at least felt honest, especially since I don't think WWE knows what her character is supposed to be. So what's she supposed to say?

The contract segment was fantastic, both Drew and Seth were brilliant.
    Are they going to take Apollo out of MITB?

I'm guessing they only have limited cast to work with, thus the rematches and limited roster.

Liv's character is the standard babyface but she's young! It could work! (Countdown to her getting Natalya as a mentor before turning on her again)
    Last edited by titanfan; 04-27-2020 at 08:27 PM.

Ultimate Member

Apollo's out of MITB according to WWE.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    So ends the Cain Velasquez era. One which saw the company sign him knowing he had a knee issue thinking it was minor , then pushed him on TV when he needed more time at Performance Center to learn things , later learning his knee injury was more serious and blaming him for that and finally just having Brock squash him comically.

Just Vince throwing a ton of money at someone and screwing it up from start.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So ends the Cain Velasquez era. One which saw the company sign him knowing he had a knee issue thinking it was minor , then pushed him on TV when he needed more time at Performance Center to learn things , later learning his knee injury was more serious and blaming him for that and finally just having Brock squash him comically.

In hindsight if the guy was just going to be released anyways due to the pandemic, it was probably better to use him when he wasn't ready. That at least gets one high profile match out of him, even if it's a short squash. If they waited until he had surgery and he was properly trained, they probably wouldn't have gotten anything out of him at all for the money they spent on him.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

They ended the Kofi reign just to have Brock be the champion for Fox and to give Cain/Brock for Saudi. Now months later the match was a bust, Cain is gone, Brock made (maybe) 4 appearances on Smackdown and is now a Raw superstar.

Such is WWE.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Ultimate Member

Yeah, they ended Kofi's reign in a squash just to do that dumpster fire of a match in SA, and never do anything else with Cain, ugh.

I've heard that AAA is interested in bringing him in potentially.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, they ended Kofi's reign in a squash just to do that dumpster fire of a match in SA, and never do anything else with Cain, ugh.

They did any followup with Kofi either, who just accepted his loss and moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    They did any followup with Kofi either, who just accepted his loss and moved on.
    I honestly think they would have done more with Kofi's as a singles if Xavier didn't get injured though. Ultimately think WWE needed New Day in the tag division more than they needed Kofi as a singles star. But once Xavier returns, I think (hope) Kofi can potentially get more of a singles push. With no Roman Reings, and Daniel Bryan likely not ever being the top guy to carry the company ever again, there's a potental window there.

He was doing AAA before he signed with WWE. It seems to be the better environment for him. Doing lucha over faux MMA will likely be more fun for him.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I honestly think they would have done more with Kofi's as a singles if Xavier didn't get injured though. Ultimately think WWE needed New Day in the tag division more than they needed Kofi as a singles star. But once Xavier returns, I think (hope) Kofi can potentially get more of a singles push. With no Roman Reings, and Daniel Bryan likely not ever being the top guy to carry the company ever again, there's a potental window there.
    Daniel Bryan has reached a point where he can do whatever he wants. He can place himself at any spot and be a natural fit. He's using his position to highlight less utilize guys at the moment. If they really need him for the main-event they will put him there.

Daniel Bryan has reached a point where he can do whatever he wants. He can place himself at any spot and be a natural fit. He's using his position to highlight less utilize guys at the moment. If they really need him for the main-event they will put him there.
    Yeah, Daniel is at the point where you can easily just throw him into a main-event feud and it wouldn't feel unnatural. Even if he takes a few pins putting new/under established guys over, he still has that credibility where you can just pop him into a title feud and he'd still be considered a threat.

And I respect the hell out of him for doing that. He knows he's nearing the end of his career and wants to try to put the business in a better spot on the way out. It's a lost art these days.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

I don't disagree that WWE can't put him in a main event position anytime they need him too. He's obviously a big enough star.

But he's not a guy you can really depend on to carry the company in the future anymore. He's a great short term sollution in a pinch, but not someone you can or should position as THE guy moving foreward.

Roman being gone creates sort of a void, which I'm honestly not 100% sure Braun can fill. I think someone else might need to step up to be the top face on the Smackdown brand. Again, Bryan works... but they probably want a more long term investment if they can find one. Course, now that I think about it Kofi probably isn't the most long term investment either.