Page 1094 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 9459499410441084109010911092109310941095109610971098110411441194 ... LastLast
Results 16,396 to 16,410 of 19298
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They are clearly putting him in the Cena mold with what they are having him do. They are even doing form a stable of talented heels to put Drew over much in the same way the league of nations were formed to put Roman over. It's sucks they turned Andrade and Garza into a job squad.
    Again, he's not acting any differently than he was between Mania and the Rumble, and it worked for him then.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Once they allow NXT UK to die, they can use Imperium. Also I would strapped a rocket to Tyler Bate. I also wouldn't mind Cesaro getting the star treatment on NXT.

Dark Side is on, John Stossel is a tool
    I hope nxt UK doesnt die out as it arguably is the best wrestling on TV bell to bell.

That said yeah ... Imperioum on the main roster would be real cool.

Astonishing Member

David Schultz is probably a man, who has done and said things, I would find appalling but when it comes to wrestling, he is my hero.

Astonishing Member

They could use the other guys but not WALTER. He specifically signed to UK because he doesn't want to move to the States.
    In the words of Theodore Dibiase The First

"Everybody has a price"

He was doing AAA before he signed with WWE. It seems to be the better environment for him. Doing lucha over faux MMA will likely be more fun for him.
    Ya he was pretty good in AAA.

Ultimate Member

Regarding the top guys, I’ve long maintained that having one person and only one person isn’t really the way to go anymore.

Hogan was booked that way because Kayfabe was a thing and people thought wrestling was “real”. Same with Sammartino in the earlier days. These guys were booked like Muhammad Ali or Larry Holmes when WWF still called wrestling “wrestling” and not sports entertainment. It was garish but wrestling was still presented as real back then and Hogan was viewed as the “best”.

Kayfabe died around the time of the Attitude era and we all know now that professional wrestling is not real. So the “Superman booking” doesn’t work anymore, especially when said superstar isn’t completely over with the fans. It just looks like favoritism and most people just don’t like favoritism. In recent years, WWEs booking looks more like “we will make you like this person for reasons” as opposed “we the fans like this person already and we want this person”, it’s not an entirely illogical strategy for WWE but sometimes, you book the matches and let the cards fall where they may. I mean, WWE didn’t really plan for the rise of Kofi, Bryan or Becky Lynch, the fans just freaked and were like “what is going on??!” and new stars were created. Sometimes, the anointed guy is also the guys fans want like Drew McIntyre but Drew is a guy that’s really paid his dues and the fans know this. Not to mention he wasn’t hotshot into the title picture immediately he hit the main roster.

In short, have multiple top guys that you can shift around. The Attitude Era was a very good example of this because Austin never really had an extended run with the Championship because of injuries but guys like The Rock, Undertaker, Mankind and even Triple H were around and could carry the torch where and when needed. Even in the Ruthless aggression era the likes of Angle moved into this category and had a number of title wins.

Only Vince can explain why he’s trying to go back to the days of Hogan and Ultimate Warrior. Those days are long gone and will never come back.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

"Everybody has a price"
    If it was a matter of money he would be in main NXT not UK. The man doesn't want to be away from home for long. No amount of cash will make up for being homesick.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Regarding the top guys, I’ve long maintained that having one person and only one person isn’t really the way to go anymore.

Hogan was booked that way because Kayfabe was a thing and people thought wrestling was “real”. Same with Sammartino in the earlier days. These guys were booked like Muhammad Ali or Larry Holmes when WWF still called wrestling “wrestling” and not sports entertainment. It was garish but wrestling was still presented as real back then and Hogan was viewed as the “best”.

Kayfabe died around the time of the Attitude era and we all know now that professional wrestling is not real. So the “Superman booking” doesn’t work anymore, especially when said superstar isn’t completely over with the fans. It just looks like favoritism and most people just don’t like favoritism. In recent years, WWEs booking looks more like “we will make you like this person for reasons” as opposed “we the fans like this person already and we want this person”, it’s not an entirely illogical strategy for WWE but sometimes, you book the matches and let the cards fall where they may. I mean, WWE didn’t really plan for the rise of Kofi, Bryan or Becky Lynch, the fans just freaked and were like “what is going on??!” and new stars were created. Sometimes, the anointed guy is also the guys fans want like Drew McIntyre but Drew is a guy that’s really paid his dues and the fans know this. Not to mention he wasn’t hotshot into the title picture immediately he hit the main roster.

In short, have multiple top guys that you can shift around. The Attitude Era was a very good example of this because Austin never really had an extended run with the Championship because of injuries but guys like The Rock, Undertaker, Mankind and even Triple H were around and could carry the torch where and when needed. Even in the Ruthless aggression era the likes of Angle moved into this category and had a number of title wins.

Only Vince can explain why he’s trying to go back to the days of Hogan and Ultimate Warrior. Those days are long gone and will never come back.
    I don't think it's entirely fair to say WWE tries MAKE you like a person, at least in regards to a top star. In most cases, they will push someone who fans is generating a good reaction, selling merch, getting good ratings segments, etc.

I think guys like Cena and Roman create this illusion that they are pushing people that fans don't like because of the reaction they generate, but Roman and Cena generated money and they generated a strong crowd reaction. It's sort of like the wrestling equivalent of Bendis on New Avengers... fans said he was terrible and needed to be kicked off the book, even though it was the top selling book in the industry at the time. If you're WWE and see see the numbers, you can't just ignore that because it's not what some fans want. You follow the money, like any good business.

Which isn't to say the WWE doesn't sometimes experiment and TRY to create a new star despite not having fan ******* ... someone like JBL for example was pushed pretty hard even though he wasn't a big star. You sometimes throw something against the wall to see if it sticks. But if it doesn't after a certain point, they'll drop it.

As far as Superman booking goes... they've been doing that with Becky for the past year. It'll be interesting to see if fans end up turning on her.

Astonishing Member

"Everybody has a price"
    Tell that to Dean Ambro-

I'm sorry, Jon Moxley.

Once they allow NXT UK to die, they can use Imperium. Also I would strapped a rocket to Tyler Bate. I also wouldn't mind Cesaro getting the star treatment on NXT.

Dark Side is on, John Stossel is a tool
    You know, I watched that 20/20 Stossel piece when it originally aired and my thought, as a kid at the time was, "So he's reporting that wrestling is fake? What's he going to report on next week, that there's salt water in the ocean?"
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    You know, I watched that 20/20 Stossel piece when it originally aired and my thought, as a kid at the time was, "So he's reporting that wrestling is fake? What's he going to report on next week, that there's salt water in the ocean?"
    Kayfabe was still strong in those days. Jim Duggin and Iron Shriek nearly got fired when they got busted for weed because they were traveling together and were feuding at that time. Vader nearly got arrested in Kuwait when a Stossel incident happened there when he was on a promotional tour.

Astonishing Member

He is such a jerk. People who obsess on wrestling being fake are the biggest marks. Stossels motivations for exposing the business were juvenile and petty. The wrestling industry has tons of things wrong with it, and kayfabe wasn't one of them.

Becky will appear in the season 5 premiere of Billions
    https://twitter.com/WWETheBump/statu...17500923621376

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

He is such a jerk. People who obsess on wrestling being fake are the biggest marks. Stossels motivations for exposing the business were juvenile and petty. The wrestling industry has tons of things wrong with it, and kayfabe wasn't one of them.
    Stossel comes across very terrible in this. I mean he made Schultz look like a stand up guy . If its true Stossel seemingly wanted to provoke Schultz as he was warned by Mansfield to not walk up to David Schultz because he doesn't take anyones **** he brought it on himself . Stossel seemingly learned a lesson to never challenge a guy and claim he is a fake.

I liked the end where Schultz smiles and claims he will sit down with Stossel nicely now and talk. But John is still a scared guy and swears about it. Not to Dr. D's face because well...Dr. D would still at his age beat him up likely.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I watched Dark Side and Stossel comes off as a major ******* in it. After the episode ended I came off believing that he deserved getting knocked on his ass. Eddy Mansfield didn't do himself any favors. I completely agree with his position but he sounds so goddamn bitter. Made me think Cornette might actually be right about him.