Page 1095 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 9559599510451085109110921093109410951096109710981099110511451195 ... LastLast
Results 16,411 to 16,425 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I watched Dark Side and Stossel comes off as a major asshole in it. After the episode ended I came off believing that he deserved getting knocked on his ass. Eddy Mansfield didn't do himself any favors. I completely agree with his position but he sounds so goddamn bitter. Made me think Cornette might actually be right about him.
    100% agree with the above. Kayfabe isn't fraud. It's entertainment. Stossel act like he was exposing evangelist preachers who were stealing old ladies pensions.

Mansfield was a bitter idiot. What he wanted was a wrestlers union. He should have done the legwork and got a union going instead of being a snitch.

Vince put the nail in kayfabe for monetary reasons. Mansfield did it for ego.

The thing about Stossel is that before that piece, he was known as the guy who fights for the little guy. When he reported for the local ABC affiliate in NYC, he would go to bat for people who were being ripped off by small businesses in their neighborhood. But since that 20/20 piece, Stossel has become the guy who whines about the over-regulation of corporations.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Ultimate Member

NXT:

oth CW matches were great. I'm surprised that Fantasma lost already, but it was a clever finish. Also go Drake.

Candice having Johnny as her personal ring announcer, I like it. Also channeling Super Dragon with her new finisher.

Charlotte vs. Mia was, ok. But can they stop pretending that Charlotte being champion is about "elevating the division." It's about her, and her beating Io already would be so dumb and counter productive.

Lumis is so creepy, I love it.

Lee vs. Priest was freaking awesome. Epic hoss fight, and Keith isn't human, he can't be. That guy has top star written all over him. Keith Lee=NXT World Champ, make it happen soon Hunter.

Really good show overall, and next week looks stacked!!

AEW:

Cody vs. Darby was a really good match, except for the finish. Interesting idea for a finish, but the execution was poor. It didn't look like anything was keeping Darby from getting up, he pinned himself basically. Also not a great camera angle, Darby's should way clearly way off of the mat.

Also Darby needs to start winning matches against the top guys soon. He always loses them and that was fine at first, but it's gone on long enough now.

That knee spot with Wardlow looked devastating.

B***h heel Britt is great. Turning her was a fantastic move

The tag match was insane, I loved every second of it. RIP Trent's back.

Manitoba Melee was hilarious.

Archer looked like a beast.

Good show aside from the Cody match finish.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    100% agree with the above. Kayfabe isn't fraud. It's entertainment. Stossel act like he was exposing evangelist preachers who were stealing old ladies pensions.

Mansfield was a bitter idiot. What he wanted was a wrestlers union. He should have done the legwork and got a union going instead of being a snitch.

Vince put the nail in kayfabe for monetary reasons. Mansfield did it for ego.

From what was revealed years ago on Cornette's podcast I believe , I think Mansfield has issues with Ole Anderson and wanted Stossel to go after him. That he had issues with how Ole had booked him in Georgia. I could be remembering wrong. But I think that was who Mansfield had issues with.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

They didn't need to do Cody/Archer for the belt. The story was already built up between the two for a match. They could have others in the finals. Then you could also have had two matches built for the PPV (Cody/Archer and the tournament finals) instead of one match with "higher stakes" and some thrown together match with other guys at the last minute for the PPV.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    They didn't need to do Cody/Archer for the belt. The story was already built up between the two for a match. They could have others in the finals. Then you could also have had two matches built for the PPV (Cody/Archer and the tournament finals) instead of one match with "higher stakes" and some thrown together match with other guys at the last minute for the PPV.
    Course, maybe the plan is for Cody to win the belt. Having a top guy be the first person to carry the title isn't a bad idea. Out of the gate it makes it feel more main event than mid card. Though they probably will give it to Archer to help his push as Cody obviousy doesn't need it.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Course, maybe the plan is for Cody to win the belt. Having a top guy be the first person to carry the title isn't a bad idea. Out of the gate it makes it feel more main event than mid card. Though they probably will give it to Archer to help his push as Cody obviousy doesn't need it.
    Cody needs the win though. He's lost his last two major feuds. He needs a win to maintain his main-event aura. Cody has too much to offer to regulate himself as a gatekeeper.

Ultimate Member

You then kill Archer's aura when he's being built up as this monster. Too soon for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    You then kill Archer's aura when he's being built up as this monster. Too soon for that.
    Beating monsters is what the top faces are built to do. Archer feuds exists to give Cody an out from his feud with MJF so they can build him as a challenger for Moxley. Since MJF is unavailable they should move Archer to challenge Moxley as he got no one now since he beat Hager.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Beating monsters is what the top faces are built to do. Archer feuds exists to give Cody an out from his feud with MJF so they can build him as a challenger for Moxley. Since MJF is unavailable they should move Archer to challenge Moxley as he got no one now since he beat Hager.
    While that's true, if the end game here is for the top face to win then it was probably too soon booking wise for the monster to face the top face. Build up to that.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    While that's true, if the end game here is for the top face to win then it was probably too soon booking wise for the monster to face the top face. Build up to that.
    They been doing that since Jake first showed up. The biggest mistake they made is that Archer didn't have his first match until they moved to parts unknown. They didn't give themselves enough time to build him through matches. His brutal beating of Dustin will have to be enough.

Astonishing Member

If I had a choice between Cody Rhodes vs Archer as your first champ, then I am going with Cody every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    If I had a choice between Cody Rhodes vs Archer as your first champ, then I am going with Cody every single time.
    I think the best compromise might be to have Cody with like a roll up or something, then have Archer beat him for it later.

I mean, for me ideally (I'm not much a fan of fantasy booking, but I'll partake here), I'd have the tournament final be on TNT (since it is the TNT championship). Have Archer screw Cody so it's Darby/Archer in the finals.

Archer just destroys Darby but Darby keeps kicking out of everything because he's that sadistic underdog babyface until he wins off a rollup or something quick like that on a Cody distraction.

It furthers Cody/Archer, put the belt on a up and coming babyface the fans love with Darby, and you have two PPV matches in Archer/Cody and Darby defending the belt against someone else.

But, I'm not a booker so I dunno.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans