Page 1098 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 9859899810481088109410951096109710981099110011011102110811481198 ... LastLast
Results 16,456 to 16,470 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If they can get it at a fraction of the price, they might.
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    They have about 2 billion in TV contracts plus the Saudi.
    This right here.

Now, I'm not a business man, but if WWE is getting money from Fox for the TV deal, and Fox buys WWE, then Fox no longer has to pay WWE to air it's shows. It basically gets absorbed into whatever they pay WWE to buy them. They pay one sum in the buyout instead of (potentially more) over time with the TV deal.

It may not be the factor in a Fox buyout, but I can bet it's one of them when they discuss it with their investors.

That is if there is any truth to the rumors after all. I wouldn't bank on it.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

WWE Ratings since the pandemic has gone down less than other stuff. Everyone is watching the news now. That's why people have still been fighting over their content.

If you look at WWE's last pre-pandemic share report, their media revenues (TV + WWE Network + advertising etc) dwarf their live events + merchandising revenue.

They've successfully transitioned their company to media content production. Which is also why there is huge pressure to keep the shows going. What happens when there's no content for TV or the network? That's when they'll lose everything.

If the global economy continues to be bad, I think the odds that WWE acquires other feds are higher than someone else buying them out.

Astonishing Member

That is if there is any truth to the rumors after all. I wouldn't bank on it.
    Stock Price is going up for somewhat no reason, so there are some people who believe it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    And that's something Vince really has to be credited for. Despite live events and ratings on the decline, he's managed to pull out some pretty impressive multi-million dollar agreements. Say what you want about him as a booker, but as a promoter he's off the scale.
    Vince got out of the star making business, and got into the content provider business a long time ago. Once ppv became a wrap, that was it. If you look at the media landscape was is desperately needed is content. Vince adapted to that.

It's killing the WWE in ratings and live events because fans go to see stars.

Ultimate Member

I'm getting some major psycho Victoria vibes from Sonya, I love it.

Dolph is an effective sleeze heel.

The Women's MITB lineup is, very underwhelming. Asuka's the only truly interesting one there.

I don't like that Nakamura and Cesaro are just Corbin's lackeys now.

Sasha's been hitting the gym, her arms, damn!

Go Otis!!

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Due to the misspelling here, my first thought was, "Yes, it is a red herring."
    I think my autocorrect has problems or something.

I know I'm in the minority of this, but if they're seriously going to move Otis into a mid-card role out of the tag ranks, he needs a new finisher. I can't take him as a believable threat with that thing. I've always hated moves like that. They are always garbage.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    WWE is not a sinking ship. Unlike most other businesses they are actually set to still make a profit.
    It's not a sinking ship yet that's true but with the pandemic maybe lasting years it may turn into a sinking ship sooner rather than later so it may be best to sell now rather than later is what I'm saying.
    Last edited by choptop; 05-01-2020 at 07:23 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I know I'm in the minority of this, but if they're seriously going to move Otis into a mid-card role out of the tag ranks, he needs a new finisher. I can't take him as a believable threat with that thing. I've always hated moves like that. They are always garbage.
    Otis definitely should be a solo act. Sorry Tuck. You are right , he needs a serious finisher.

If the pandemic continues, the WWE just becomes a TV content provider. They will eventually get a live studio audience.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    It's not a sinking ship yet that's true but with the pandemic maybe lasting years it may turn into a sinking ship sooner rather than later so it may be best to sell now rather than later is what I'm saying.
    WWE is slipping on the popularity metrics but their TV deals and Saudi blood money is more than enough to keep them in business. They save money doing shows at the performance center over doing house shows

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

Go Otis!!
    Corbin basically a given to win the men's MITB, correct? THE E loves to shove him down everyone's throats.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The Women's MITB lineup is, very underwhelming. Asuka's the only truly interesting one there.

Go Otis!!
    They are Corbin's lackeys because Sami has decided to not put his health at risk. He did the same thing Roman did.

Go Otis!!
    Yeah, I was getting an early 2000's Victoria feel from Sonya too. I can really see her being a top heel on Raw or Smackdown by the end of the year.

Ultimate Member

Let her use the Widow's Peak as a finisher, it's too cool to never be used again.

Let her use the Widow's Peak as a finisher, it's too cool to never be used again.
    That'd be a great finisher for her actually, I'm not even sure what her current one is. Though I also like the idea of her having a submission finisher too to play into her MMA background and more vicious character. I like when wrestlers have an impact finisher and a submission one.