Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, MJF is gold with stuff like that.

But Sami in theory could pull if off too.
    I could definitely see Sami selling a paper cut as a legit injury that prevents him from competing.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

ACH expressing regret over his actions over his angry tweets.
    https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/a...-entire-career

The man admits that he was acting a fool and not suffering from any mental illness. Feels good to be right.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

If anyone genuinely thinks WWE releasing people was neccessary take a look at this thread where an independent analyst runs their numbers
    https://twitter.com/wrestlenomics/st...84179748265998

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I could definitely see Sami selling a paper cut as a legit injury that prevents him from competing.
    Sucks that this is happening during Sami's biggest main roster push. I was really starting to enjoy his heel stuff.

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    If anyone genuinely thinks WWE releasing people was neccessary take a look at this thread where an independent analyst runs their numbers
    https://twitter.com/wrestlenomics/st...84179748265998
    it was never necessary

just an excuse to cut people since there is no other wrestling happening so its not like the released folks are going to start booking shows

and Wrestlenomics is good stuff, run by an indie wrestler/Econ teacher named Brandon Thurston

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    it was never necessary

just an excuse to cut people since there is no other wrestling happening so its not like the released folks are going to start booking shows

and Wrestlenomics is good stuff, run by an indie wrestler/Econ teacher named Brandon Thurston
    My issue was were they necessary to have. Plus, I heard since they have a 3 month no compete, they are getting paid during that time.

I think I am getting used to the studio shows. I am enjoying them more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    My issue was were they necessary to have. Plus, I heard since they have a 3 month no compete, they are getting paid during that time.

I think I am getting used to the studio shows. I am enjoying them more and more.
    I honestly do think we've consistently had some of the better RAWs post Wrestlemania. I'm not sure we've has a flat out bad one in awhile. So I do think wwe is doing a decent job making lemonade out of lemons.

Ultimate Member

Hopefully WWE realizes that Liv HAS to beat Charlotte at some point. That's what's needed to truly pay this off. When it happens, that's negotiable. But she has to win a big match with Charlotte. But in five years, only Becky has truly gone over Charlotte, so it's not at all clear that Liv will get her payoff.

No way should Io lose though, that'd be dumb.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Hopefully WWE realizes that Liv HAS to beat Charlotte at some point. That's what's needed to truly pay this off. When it happens, that's negotiable. But she has to win a big match with Charlotte. But in five years, only Becky has truly gone over Charlotte, so it's not at all clear that Liv will get her payoff.

No way should Io lose though, that'd be dumb.
    I really hate how they book Charlotte. She gets no heat as heel because she does nothing wrong. She says she is going to beat your butt and then she cleanly taps you out The faces look stupid, because they only reason they don't like is because she is better than them. Hell, Charlotte even acts like when her competition puts a decent fight.

The difference between bad ass face McIntyre and wicked heel Charlotte is non existent. If you were not predisposed to hating or liking either of them, you would root for them equally.

Also having Charlotte do double duty doesn't make you miss her on Raw, which means you have her eliminate her competition on both shows.

Intermediary

ugh Liv

I wouldn't complain if Candice vs Io was headlining RAW but no, lets have Barbie 1.0 and 2.0

.....well anything is better than Lacey Evans

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

After the horrible year 2K had with WWE 2K20 and the company unable to get a new game launched this year (they are doing WWE Battlegrounds) there is a report EA Sports is now hiring producers and more with knowledge of WWE. In a listing they list WWE which could be a swerve possibly. But this could be the company pulling its game license after the last 2 years and handing it to EA Sports which handles all sports titles each year.

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2020/05...U4b0swxba79dGY
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I really hate how they book Charlotte. She gets no heat as heel because she does nothing wrong. She says she is going to beat your butt and then she cleanly taps you out The faces look stupid, because they only reason they don't like is because she is better than them. Hell, Charlotte even acts like when her competition puts a decent fight.

The difference between bad ass face McIntyre and wicked heel Charlotte is non existent. If you were not predisposed to hating or liking either of them, you would root for them equally.

Also having Charlotte do double duty doesn't make you miss her on Raw, which means you have her eliminate her competition on both shows.

They seem to have doubled down on everything many fans are annoyed with with Charlotte. Same character that many find stale and boring, same promos, constantly needing to beat babyfaces as decisively as possible as a heel, commentators won't shut up about how awesome and dominant she is, and now she's appearing on and beating women on TWO shows. And some WWE fans wonder why there's Charlotte fstigue.

And if she beats Io Tomorrow, oh boy it won't be pretty.

Astonishing Member

Charlotte's segments have been the highest rated segments on NXT, so she is doing her job there.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    They seem to have doubled down on everything many fans are annoyed with with Charlotte. Same character that many find stale and boring, same promos, constantly needing to beat babyfaces as decisively as possible as a heel, commentators won't shut up about how awesome and dominant she is, and now she's appearing on and beating women on TWO shows. And some WWE fans wonder why there's Charlotte fstigue.

And if she beats Io Tomorrow, oh boy it won't be pretty.
    Charlotte’s booking makes no sense to me.

I guess there’s stuff they are seeing we aren’t seeing.

Right now, WWE isn’t really building up stars beyond the 4 Horsewomen (Sasha though seems to be the odd one out though). It’s just that the women rise up, fight Charlotte and lose CLEAN. Doesn’t make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Charlotte’s booking makes no sense to me.

I guess there’s stuff they are seeing we aren’t seeing.

Right now, WWE isn’t really building up stars beyond the 4 Horsewomen (Sasha though seems to be the odd one out though). It’s just that the women rise up, fight Charlotte and lose CLEAN. Doesn’t make sense to me.
    I disagree. I think Smackdown is doing a pretty good job of building up Mandy and Sonya. Granted it's still very early, but I think both are really starting to get peoples attention.

As much as I complain about all the star power of the womans division being on RAW, there is an upside to that... it gives Smackdown all the room in the world for someone to break out. It's basically impossible to do in on RAW with Becky, Charlotte, Bazler, Nia, and Asuka... but on Smackdown the field is wide open.

As far as Charlottes booking... I think it's simply a matter of waiting until Rhea returns so she can beat Charlotte for the belt. She's not going to stay in NXT indefinately... someone will beat her. Rhea at this point is probably the best (and arguably ONLY) option. If someone else beats Charlotte first, it would take away from Rhea doing it.