Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Charlotte's segments have been the highest rated segments on NXT, so she is doing her job there.
    I don't think people give the WWE enough credit in this regard. I think they pay attention to things like ratings segments and book accordingly. Especially with no crowd reaction to guage things, they become especially important.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I disagree. I think Smackdown is doing a pretty good job of building up Mandy and Sonya. Granted it's still very early, but I think both are really starting to get peoples attention.

As much as I complain about all the star power of the womans division being on RAW, there is an upside to that... it gives Smackdown all the room in the world for someone to break out. It's basically impossible to do in on RAW with Becky, Charlotte, Bazler, Nia, and Asuka... but on Smackdown the field is wide open.

As far as Charlottes booking... I think it's simply a matter of waiting until Rhea returns so she can beat Charlotte for the belt. She's not going to stay in NXT indefinately... someone will beat her. Rhea at this point is probably the best (and arguably ONLY) option. If someone else beats Charlotte first, it would take away from Rhea doing it.
    Sonya and Mandy? I havent seen Sonya win a match on the main roster and Mandy is getting over because of her interaction with Otis. They are in a storyline, they arent being built up. I hope they do something with them but considering the current booking, I'm not holding out hope

Asuka was big in NXT, she tapped clean, same Rhea and even Ember Moon. Its pretty ridiculous to have your women faces tap out cleanly constantly.

Rhea lost clean to Charlotte already, when she taps people out, they almost never get their win back. Which is part of the problem with making the women tap out clean in the first place. Its pretty much as clean a win as one can get.

If Rhea comes back and gets the win, I'll be shocked. Someone else might need the rub from Charlotte.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Sonya and Mandy? I havent seen Sonya win a match on the main roster and Mandy is getting over because of her interaction with Otis. They are in a storyline, they arent being built up. I hope they do something with them but considering the current booking, I'm not holding out hope

Asuka was big in NXT, she tapped clean, same Rhea and even Ember Moon. Its pretty ridiculous to have your women faces tap out cleanly constantly.

Rhea lost clean to Charlotte already, when she taps people out, they almost never get their win back. Which is part of the problem with making the women tap out clean in the first place. Its pretty much as clean a win as one can get.

If Rhea comes back and gets the win, I'll be shocked. Someone else might need the rub from Charlotte.
    Sonya hasn't won a match in forever (honestly I'm not sure what her finishing move is)... that said, I think a REALLY good promo can do more to jumpstart ones career than a match. And I think we're getting that right now. We'll see.. it's still early. But I think right now they're getting peoples attention.

As far as Rhea... I think they invested too much time and effort into her NOT to have her come back and beat Charlotte. No one else in NXT is even close to her level. I have trouble imaginging anyone BUT her beating Charlotte.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Charlotte's segments have been the highest rated segments on NXT, so she is doing her job there.
    Actually no they haven't. Heck her vs. Mia was the lost rated segments last week. Her vs. Bianca got destroyed in the ratings, and Io, Rhea, Dakota, etc all do better ratings in NXT than her.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Sonya hasn't won a match in forever (honestly I'm not sure what her finishing move is)... that said, I think a REALLY good promo can do more to jumpstart ones career than a match. And I think we're getting that right now. We'll see.. it's still early. But I think right now they're getting peoples attention.

As far as Rhea... I think they invested too much time and effort into her NOT to have her come back and beat Charlotte. No one else in NXT is even close to her level. I have trouble imaginging anyone BUT her beating Charlotte.
    It'd be really stupid to have Io lose to Charlotte at this point, and probably hurt Rhea by extension of anything.

As for Mandy vs. Sonya, their match on Friday should have a screwy finish, then they face off again at MITB. The blowoff match should be a No-DQ/Street Fight type of match. It'd make sense. Especially since Sonya is going psycho and Mandy presumably wants to prove that there's more to her than just being hot (as Sonya claims). So, let them beat the pi** out of each other WWE.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It'd be really stupid to have Io lose to Charlotte at this point, and probably hurt Rhea by extension of anything.

As for Mandy vs. Sonya, their match on Friday should have a screwy finish, then they face off again at MITB. The blowoff match should be a No-DQ/Street Fight type of match. It'd make sense. Especially since Sonya is going psycho and Mandy presumably wants to prove that there's more to her than just being hot (as Sonya claims). So, let them beat the pi** out of each other WWE.
    I love Io but WWE has struggled to book Asian women on the main roster since Gail freakin’ Kim. Asuka seemed to have something going until it became clear they don’t know exactly what to do with her. The less said about Kairi Sane the better.

I actually hope Io survives Charlotte but I doubt it. And I fear for her when she gets to the main roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

Yeah, I was a little surprised that Mandy/Sonya was announced for Smackdown rather than MiTB. But I suppose they'll get a couple of matches and maybe a few mixed tags down the line.

As for Io... honestly I didn't think the winner of the number one contenders ladder match really had a chance of wining even prior to WM. To me it was just a filler thing as either Charlotte or Rhea was likely to beat anyone in that match. But we'll see. Io is probably the only woman in NXT aside from Rhea who has strung together more than like 2 wins in a row, so if anyone had even a chance against Charlotte (or Rhea) it would be her.

Ultimate Member

So ready the Bella's book was, something. You learn a lot about their childhood trauma & specifically some of the stuff that Nikki has had to go through.

spoilers:
    Their parents were young when they were born. Father came from a VERY traumatic background and took it out on his children. Was verbally/physically abusive. Nikki recounted a story in high school where they got into an argument when he was dropping her off to school, and when she got out of the car he was screaming out of the window and threw a Kleenex box at her head. Also, she mentioned her father hitting her in the face so hard it left a mark. Their father was also an alcoholic/meth addict who overdosed at least once. Also Nikki talked about how she was raped twice as a teenager. They had a very traumatic upbringing.
    end of spoilers

Hollywood Reporter is confirming Meltzer's rumor that Disney/Marvel have not only signed Becky Lynch to a Marvel deal, but have offered to buy out her contract so they can snag her to a multi-movie deal.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Hollywood Reporter is confirming Meltzer's rumor that Disney/Marvel have not only signed Becky Lynch to a Marvel deal, but have offered to buy out her contract so they can snag her to a multi-movie deal.
    That's...interesting .

If true, I'll be very happy for her. I wonder who she'll be playing?

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I love Becky, but it honestly wouldn't be that big of a loss. She's basically it the peak of what she can do in the company. She's main evented (and won) a Wrestlemania. She's a Royal Rumble winner. Outside of NXT, she's the longest reigning Women's champion on the main roster since 2005. She's done a TLC match, a Hell in a Cell match, a Money in the Bank match. Pretty much every "women can now do it" match.

There really isn't that much further to go.

That's...interesting .

If true, I'll be very happy for her. I wonder who she'll be playing?
    She'd be perfect as Siryn in a Deadpool movie.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Ultimate Member

If true, Disney/Marvel must REALLY think that she has crossover appeal to go this far to try and get her. IDK if she'd leave, she seems to love the business, but if she did, hopefully WWE would use the opportunity to make some new women stars to take her place.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I love Becky, but it honestly wouldn't be that big of a loss. She's basically it the peak of what she can do in the company. She's main evented (and won) a Wrestlemania. She's a Royal Rumble winner. Outside of NXT, she's the longest reigning Women's champion on the main roster since 2005. She's done a TLC match, a Hell in a Cell match, a Money in the Bank match. Pretty much every "women can now do it" match.

There really isn't that much further to go.

Yeah, at this point in time she might be better served as more a special attraction. She literally has nothing left to do ... it's impossible to top winning BOTH womans title in the main event of Wrestlemania beating Charlotte and Ronda. Nothing can top that.

Sucks, because she's probably my favorite wrestler but you can't pass up Marvel movies and I'm sure the WWE will accomodate her to return as much as humanly possible like Cena and the Rock.

Astonishing Member

That was my first thought too, I mean they have an Irish Redhead character. That said, she's not a high enough profile character that they would throw that much money at her.

She can do an American Accent so whoever she plays wouldn't need to be Irish.

I agree at this point she could be a special attraction wrestler if she wants to....

BANNED

That's...interesting .
    It's weird. I see nothing about her that makes her a good enough actor for Disney to bother doing that.