Ultimate Member

TBF, people said similar things about Batista when he started out. And now he's a pretty respected character actor.

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureBliss View Post
    It's weird. I see nothing about her that makes her a good enough actor for Disney to bother doing that.
    Maybe Feige was a real big fan of the Marine 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    TBF, people said similar things about Batista when he started out. And now he's a pretty respected character actor.
    People like him in the marvel stuff but that's about it so I really wouldn't say he is that respected.

Astonishing Member

She can do the physical stuff for an action movie, she's pretty, and she's a good actress/gives believable promos. She has the right skillset for it.

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureBliss View Post
    It's weird. I see nothing about her that makes her a good enough actor for Disney to bother doing that.
    People seem to forget that The Rock wasn't this gigantic movie star right out the gate. He headlined some pretty bad movies before he became one of the biggest actors around. Tooth Fairy, Race to Witch Mountain, Doom.

Sometimes it just takes a few movies to find your footing in the movie industry. The same might be said about Becky. Not claiming she'll ever be on the same level as The Rock, but I wouldn't completely write her off right away.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    People like him in the marvel stuff but that's about it so I really wouldn't say he is that respected.
    James Bond, Blade Runner 2049, etc. And he's gotten praise for all of it, and people are excited to see him in the upcoming Dune film as well.

Sasha Banks is set to appear in Mandalorian Season 2 and that's apparently where the ask came from for Becky.

I could see Becky doing movies because she is very charismatic and gets people to care, even when the story sucks.

The only new piece of info from DA MELTZ and HR is that the MCU head sees a lot of Arnold meets the Rock in her. When you read her recent interviews this week, it appears she's looking at the move to movies in the same manner as Cena did. So it doesn't sound like she wants to do what Rock or Batista did. Disney clearly has designs on her. She's been gaining more crossover appeal (as in male/female/children/elderly) than most people do, so I can see the interest.

As far as roles? Nobody knows what she was cast as but clearly something that is meant to go on longer than a cameo or one-off?

I could see her being included in the tournament set to be part of the story in Shang-Chi. At one point, they talked about Shamrock being in the tourney, I could see her as that but that seems like a joke role to me.

If they really like her enough to buy her out, that tells me they think she should be their new Rogue because should would instantly change the perception of that character based on Becky's wrestling background. I could see her being an X-Men, several actually.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

I wish Becky the best of luck in whatever she does, but Hollywood really has not the female action star. There is no female equivalent to the Rock or Arnold. Rousey had similar hype around her, and she is doing a whole lot of nothing now.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I wish Becky the best of luck in whatever she does, but Hollywood really has not the female action star. There is no female equivalent to the Rock or Arnold. Rousey had similar hype around her, and she is doing a whole lot of nothing now.
    Rousey has no charisma.

Becky does.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Rousey has no charisma.

Becky does.
    Wrestling Charisma doesn't always translate to acting Charisma. Hogans wrestling charisma is off the scale. Same with Flair. But seeing them actually act is a different matter.

Which isn't to say this is something Becky can't do. From Youtube Clips of the Marine, she seemed okay. Though I think Ronda is okay too for what it's worth.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Wrestling Charisma doesn't always translate to acting Charisma. Hogans wrestling charisma is off the scale. Same with Flair. But seeing them actually act is a different matter.

Which isn't to say this is something Becky can't do. From Youtube Clips of the Marine, she seemed okay. Though I think Ronda is okay too for what it's worth.
    To be fair with Flair he really never got much of a movie role ala Hogan. I mean Flair appeared in Bodyslam but it was just him showing up with no lines of dialogue. He did TV appearances as we know even now. But a lot is basically him being Ric Flair. Hogan its true never translated to a film career. I will always remember the worst one was Mr. Nanny.

What is amazing is looking it up Madeline Zima (the little girl in the film) has went on to a long acting career in TV and film. She is still acting even today. Mr. Nanny was her 3rd role.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Seeing her on Californication was, an experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    James Bond, Blade Runner 2049, etc. And he's gotten praise for all of it, and people are excited to see him in the upcoming Dune film as well.
    I wouldn't say he was really praised for thoughs movies I mean I mean I'm sure a few people did but he didn't really set the world on fire.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

Ronda has been terrible in any role that requires her to act. She made a terrible Sonya in MK11.

Ultimate Member

Gina Carano would be a better comparison. She's not going to win any Oscar's anytime soon, but you put her in the right role and she can do well enough. Heck I genuinely like her in The Mandalorian.