Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Actually no they haven't. Heck her vs. Mia was the lost rated segments last week. Her vs. Bianca got destroyed in the ratings, and Io, Rhea, Dakota, etc all do better ratings in NXT than her.
    Yeah. Although the Charlotte vs Yim was the second lowest rated segment during the show.

It’s not surprising considering Charlotte’s booking.

Ultimate Member

Gina Carano would be a better comparison. She's not going to win any Oscar's anytime soon, but you put her in the right role and she can do well enough. Heck I genuinely like her in The Mandalorian.
    I think professional wrestlers are generally better prepared for acting than MMA fighters.

Carano was ok in the Mandalorian but she’s not been good in other movies. Rousey is even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Ronda has been terrible in any role that requires her to act. She made a terrible Sonya in MK11.
    I've only seen Ronda in Expendables 3. I thought she was okay. Wouldn't nominate her for any Emmy Awards, but IMO she was fine for the role. When you're talking about an action flick, the bar usually isn't that high.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So "Dark Side of the Ring" finally did a story on the Herb Abrams UWF promotion. Guy was nicknamed "Mr. Electricity" and the title is fitting for this. "Cocaine & Cowboy Boots".
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Herb was a character for sure. I really loved how he called Mick Foley to his penthouse at MGM Grand before the Blackjack Brawl and tells him , "This is gonna set the crowd crazy. Wait til they see this..." And he pulls out 2 yellow cowboy boots with UWF in the leather. It just fit his wild character.

2+ months ago someone put up the Blackjack Brawl PPV on youtube.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I may be new to this (I just got Vice a couple of months ago) but did anyone know they did a second wrestling series back in 2018? It was called "The Wrestlers." I noticed it when I was setting my DVR to record Dark Side. It's more of a documentary series than an expose one like Dark Side. Pretty good.

The one I watched was about MVP and his pending retirement, and also focused on the old breed going away and the new generation starting to come it. It also had Sami Callihan, Swerve, Booker T and a couple other wrestlers in it. Kind of interesting in hindsight since MVP is still wrestling today, but still a good episode. I'm going to have to watch the other episodes now.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

WWE is crossing over with King of Fighters
    https://twitter.com/playkofallstar/s...83027469828096

Best of the Super Juniors is now cancelled. So far we've lost the New Japan Cup, BotSJ and Wrestling Dontaku. Next on the block is Dominion. Luckily they had already made the G1 later due to the Olympics so there may still be time for that to happen. That's the next tournament if I'm not mistaken.

Shame it's on their mobile game. An actual KoF/WWE game would be kinda fun.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Never really played King of Fighters or any of the snk fighters too seriously... more of a capcom guy. That said, if the WWE guys are actually in the game and I'd definately check it out. Honestly I was always a little surprised more fighting games didn't try to sneak more WWE wrestlers into them at least at DLC's or whatever. It always seemed like an obvious cross over.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I may be new to this (I just got Vice a couple of months ago) but did anyone know they did a second wrestling series back in 2018? It was called "The Wrestlers." I noticed it when I was setting my DVR to record Dark Side. It's more of a documentary series than an expose one like Dark Side. Pretty good.

The one I watched was about MVP and his pending retirement, and also focused on the old breed going away and the new generation starting to come it. It also had Sami Callihan, Swerve, Booker T and a couple other wrestlers in it. Kind of interesting in hindsight since MVP is still wrestling today, but still a good episode. I'm going to have to watch the other episodes now.
    Yeah, I watched it. It's where I first got introduced to Darby Allin.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Herb was a character for sure. I really loved how he called Mick Foley to his penthouse at MGM Grand before the Blackjack Brawl and tells him , "This is gonna set the crowd crazy. Wait til they see this..." And he pulls out 2 yellow cowboy boots with UWF in the leather. It just fit his wild character.

2+ months ago someone put up the Blackjack Brawl PPV on youtube.

“Herb Abrams died doing what he loved: Cocaine and hookers.”-Brian Blair.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So "Dark Side of the Ring" finally did a story on the Herb Abrams UWF promotion. Guy was nicknamed "Mr. Electricity" and the title is fitting for this. "Cocaine & Cowboy Boots".
    Honestly I don't even remember this federation existing.

That said, it sounds like it had some pretty descent talent considering both WCW and WWE are around at the time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

That said, it sounds like it had some pretty descent talent considering both WCW and WWE are around at the time.
    I am a west coast kid, and I don't remember any of that. I remember GLOW, but nada with UWF. It seem that I didn't miss much. This was the most comical Dark Side that I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I am a west coast kid, and I don't remember any of that. I remember GLOW, but nada with UWF. It seem that I didn't miss much. This was the most comical Dark Side that I have seen.
    I wonder if Vince would ever buy the tape library and bother making any sort of documentary about them. Probably not since they don't seem to be that huge an operation with any sort of lasting legacy in the business. But if nothing else, it's a colorful story... maybe a little too colorful for WWE standards. Though they did stuff with the Von Erichs.

“Herb Abrams died doing what he loved: Cocaine and hookers.”-Brian Blair.
    And a number of people broke down over the guy. So he clearly even with his crazy had left an impression on people. Beach was nice to adopt his dog after he passed.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I wonder if Vince would ever buy the tape library and bother making any sort of documentary about them. Probably not since they don't seem to be that huge an operation with any sort of lasting legacy in the business. But if nothing else, it's a colorful story... maybe a little too colorful for WWE standards. Though they did stuff with the Von Erichs.
    No idea on who owns the tape library. At one point ESPN Classic was airing it in mid 2000's as repeats. The tape library isn't big really. Its 69-70 episodes of the 2 shows that ran from 1991-1992 , 1994. 2 big shows (Beach Brawl and Blackjack Brawl) . So Vince wouldn't be getting a lot even if it features older 80's stars.

I did love that Herb walked into Vince's office and wanted to help him promote the west coast. I bet Vince was like...who the hell is this guy ? It had to be funny.