Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    Yeah, the hip moving made me cringe. Snaking her? She earned that.
    I've only recently begun watching AEW (this is my....fifth episode ?) so what has she done to eaen the snaking ? Aside from her threat in the promo which sadly got nowhere

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I liked that. If Jake is going to be an absolute evil bastard then he needs to do subhuman things. What went through my head was where the hell was Cody? I wouldn't wait until next week for the fired up promo about his wife getting dry humped by an old man.
    You place that incident at the end of the show, so you are not waiting for a husband to show up and defend his wife.

A problem with modern day wrestling is that faces don't do face stuff. A face doesn't allow another face get the crap knocked out of them.They don't need to buds. A good person doesn't watch someone get destroyed out of the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    You place that incident at the end of the show, so you are not waiting for a husband to show up and defend his wife.

A problem with modern day wrestling is that faces don't do face stuff. A face doesn't allow another face get the crap knocked out of them.They don't need to buds. A good person doesn't watch someone get destroyed out of the ring.
    I thought Cody was morally gray ?

Ultimate Member

He's portrayed as a babyface, and the fans cheer him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    He's portrayed as a babyface, and the fans cheer him.
    Yep, there is no grey. He is a white bread ra ra Babyface.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I wouldn't book a segment like that without an immediate response. Your wife was attacked and sexually assaulted. At the very least I wanted Cody to vow to choke Jake to death with his own snake while he stood by her side in the trainers room. Having no follow up that night made Cody look like ****.

Extraordinary Member

So they announced that Jeff Hardy will be wrestling someone at Money in the Bank, and it's...Cesaro.

And not, you know, the guy they've been setting up to feud with Jeff for the last few weeks

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So they announced that Jeff Hardy will be wrestling someone at Money in the Bank, and it's...Cesaro.

And not, you know, the guy they've been setting up to feud with Jeff for the last few weeks
    The curse of the great worker. Cesaro can get a great match out of anybody and they don't care about him losing . They just brought back Sheamus, so they want him taking the L to quickly. Hopefully, Sheamus will interfere before Cesaro has to the three second tan.

Astonishing Member

I wouldn't book a segment like that without an immediate response. Your wife was attacked and sexually assaulted. At the very least I wanted Cody to vow to choke Jake to death with his own snake while he stood by her side in the trainers room. Having no follow up that night made Cody look like ****.
    I like the image of the hero hovering over the helpless loved one while the screen credits say To Be Continued.

But I agree the whole thing made Cody look bad.

The curse of the great worker. Cesaro can get a great match out of anybody and they don't care about him losing . They just brought back Sheamus, so they want him taking the L to quickly. Hopefully, Sheamus will interfere before Cesaro has to the three second tan.
    Right. This is only the beginning, not the end, of the Sheamus-Jeff Hardy feud.
    Watching television is not an activity.

I liked that. If Jake is going to be an absolute evil bastard then he needs to do subhuman things. What went through my head was where the hell was Cody? I wouldn't wait until next week for the fired up promo about his wife getting dry humped by an old man.
    i didn't think dry hump was what they were going for, i thought he was trying to do the "stone cold" head shaking taunt but jake just can't move that well so it looked funny.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I've only recently begun watching AEW (this is my....fifth episode ?) so what has she done to eaen the snaking ? Aside from her threat in the promo which sadly got nowhere
    i think he meant she earned it as in it's kind of a badge of honor in wrestling at this point. i could be mistaken though.

Yep, there is no grey. He is a white bread ra ra Babyface.
    idk about that, just a week ago he kind of flung his opponent into his wife to get the advantage and allowed his brother to get beaten mercilessly to a bloody pulp. i think they're trying to muddy the waters a little w/o hamf-fisting it.

more on kross, so around this time a relatively unknown kross had a wwe tryout and they passed on him

now imagine at that time erick rowan had been with the WWE for about 4yrs and about a year into his main roster promotion. yes they passed on kross for development but saw erick fukn rowan as a main roster talent. as proud of their development system as WWE they've very often passed on guys and then had to pay more for them later.

YOu don't need to be a good person to be a face in wrestling. Undertaker has tried flat out murdering people in wrestling when he was a face.

But you can't do anything cowardly. If a face does, he's either a badly booked face, or not really a face.

does anybody know if charlotte is face??

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i didn't think dry hump was what they were going for, i thought he was trying to do the "stone cold" head shaking taunt but jake just can't move that well so it looked funny.
    I think the dry hump is on brand for a heel Jake. The guy is an absolute bastard when he's a heel. He referenced the things he did to Miss Elizabeth in the pre-match promo so I think it was intentional.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    The promo threat. As the vaunted "badge of honor" she took it better than mox who was cheesing the entire time. Random britt baker i wonder if is gonna go anywhere though
    Last edited by Ronin705; 05-10-2020 at 07:18 AM.