Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    due to the lack of fans, this is probably the best. Due to this pandemic, i want to take my mind off so doing the money in a bank itself as a pre taped comedy match and it works. i was entertained by it , all the various cameos - was the clown supposed to be doink - terrible ripoff , the music , the setting. why was corbin trying to stop asuka taking the case , and they were smart not to have everyone there. nia jax layed out both dana and carmella and shayna was taken out on the way to the top so essentially only 3 women competing for the briefcase so corbin threw both rey and black off the roof.which is a hilarious spot.
    I don't think Corbin was trying to stop Asuka from getting the case. He was trying to grab his own case, and they were just getting in each others way.

I was a bit surprised that Shayna was taken out of the end game so easily though. I would have expected a bigger bump to take her out of the match than Nia just shoving her against the wall. But I agree you don't need every single person out there. That ring looked awefully small by WWE standards and the ringside area was pretty small too especially with all the ladders. It's easy to get too crowded up there.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Asuka and Otis! Wow had neither winning, mixed thoughts on it.

Asuka as money in the bank winner is awesome. She always been one of the top female talents, and she's been awesome since they went without crowds. Her with the money in the bank looking over people's shoulders will be amazing.

Otis: I love him but it's Waaaaay too soon to put a world title on him, they haven't even allowed him to be a tag champ, so no idea how that's going to work. Probably plot shenanigans.
    You think Otis will get the belt? I definitely don't. I can see two things Otis will do with the case. The first he gives the case to Mandy so she can get a shot at the women's title. Second he fails his cash in in comedic fashion.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think Corbin was trying to stop Asuka from getting the case. He was trying to grab his own case, and they were just getting in each others way.
    corbin rushing up the ladder saying 'no no no' when asuka was trying to grab her suitcase was just weird. its like he's afraid that it was a winner take all situation.

thanks to this pandemic , it has given wwe some leeway to do some interesting experiment and it has worked to a degree.
    Last edited by marshal88; 05-11-2020 at 07:41 AM.

Ultimate Member

It actually took a kick from Asuka, then Lacey's finisher, then a chokeslam through a wall by Nia, all back to back to back. So it did take quite a bit to take her out actually.

I was a bit surprised that Shayna was taken out of the end game so easily though. I would have expected a bigger bump to take her out of the match than Nia just shoving her against the wall. But I agree you don't need every single person out there. That ring looked awefully small by WWE standards and the ringside area was pretty small too especially with all the ladders. It's easy to get too crowded up there.
    Corbin was stopping Asuka. He was trying to grab her. The man could have just gone for his case and won the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Corbin was stopping Asuka. He was trying to grab her. The man could have just gone for his case and won the match.
    She was grabbing her and swatting her away because they were in each others way. The execution wasn't as clean as it could have been and truthfully BOTH could have gotten the suit case at that moment, but I don't agree the idea was he was actually trying to prevent her from getting it. He wouldn't care. He just wanted his suit case, and in what was supposed to be a bit of comedy the got in each others way.

Otis said in an interview that if he won he'd use the contract to go for the tag team championships. I'd very much be OK with this.

It would give a new dynamic to MITB to let you cash in on any championship, sort of similar to how Flair used the Rumble to get a shot at the NXT title. Yeah, 99% will cash in on a world title, but there would be that little bit of wonder on which championship they will actually cash in on.

Plus it would play into Otis' character to use his win to help his friend and tag partner as well.

That said, I'm in agreement he's probably not ready to carry the brand. I think he might end up on the end of the short list of mitb fails.
    You think Otis will get the belt? I definitely don't. I can see two things Otis will do with the case. The first he gives the case to Mandy so she can get a shot at the women's title. Second he fails his cash in in comedic fashion.
    Two of the last three men's MITB cash-ins have been failed, though. They've done it a lot recently.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Otis said in an interview that if he won he'd use the contract to go for the tag team championships. I'd very much be OK with this.

It would give a new dynamic to MITB to let you cash in on any championship, sort of similar to how Flair used the Rumble to get a shot at the NXT title. Yeah, 99% will cash in on a world title, but there would be that little bit of wonder on which championship they will actually cash in on.

Plus it would play into Otis' character to use his win to help his friend and tag partner as well.

Two of the last three men's MITB cash-ins have been failed, though. They've done it a lot recently.
    In theory that would also give the Kabuki Warriors a chance to cash in for the womans tag titles. Not that it would make a lick of sense whatsoever for her to do that... but a tease might be fun.

In theory that would also give the Kabuki Warriors a chance to cash in for the womans tag titles. Not that it would make a lick of sense whatsoever for her to do that... but a tease might be fun.
    Exactly. 99% of people would still cash in on a world title, but it would at least provide some kind of questioning until the cash in happened. It'd add a bit of freshness to the concept without really bringing it down at all.

It would help with the winners that hold the briefcase for a decent length of time.

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

She was grabbing her and swatting her away because they were in each others way. The execution wasn't as clean as it could have been and truthfully BOTH could have gotten the suit case at that moment, but I don't agree the idea was he was actually trying to prevent her from getting it. He wouldn't care. He just wanted his suit case, and in what was supposed to be a bit of comedy the got in each others way.
    The guy was screaming no at her and obviously trying to get her to stop. How you saw something else I don't know. It was incredibly stupid moment by Corbin. He made it up with murder.

The guy was screaming no at her and obviously trying to get her to stop. How you saw something else I don't know. It was incredibly stupid moment by Corbin. He made it up with murder.
    He was yelling no because she was in her way.

We'll have to agree to disagree here about this, because I don't see why he would care one way or the other what womsn cashed in. It's far more believable to assume they just got in each other's way, and didn't pull it off as cleanly as one might want.

Astonishing Member

That's how it was supposed to be originally. RVD used it on the ECW Championship if I remember? There was hilarious "CM Punk contemplates cashing in on Maryse" promo awhile back where they teasing it could be used on any champion.

Having any champion be vulnerable adds to the storyline possibilities and makes it different in that a main-eventer or upper mid card doesn't have to win.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    That's how it was supposed to be originally. RVD used it on the ECW Championship if I remember? There was hilarious "CM Punk contemplates cashing in on Maryse" promo awhile back where they teasing it could be used on any champion.

Having any champion be vulnerable adds to the storyline possibilities and makes it different in that a main-eventer or upper mid card doesn't have to win.
    Rvd used it on the wwe champion Cena. I think they just sort of handed rvd the ecw belt one day.

Rvd used it on the wwe champion Cena. I think they just sort of handed rvd the ecw belt one day.
    Yeah, it was for the WWE title at an ECW One Night Stand PPV. RVD was handed the ECW title after by Heyman to give the new ECW brand it's new champion (ala Bischoff/HHH with the World Heavyweight belt on Raw)

Astonishing Member

Should the WWE bring back Taboo Tuesday?

Should their be a ppv event where the fans pick the match ups. You have multiple group selections and you have the fans pick the fights they want to see.

Would this work? Would you be interested.?