Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's for the best that Flair's TNA run is forgotten
    Not his run as manager of Fortune and his work with Jay Lethal. After it sure...we can forget that part. But as manager of Fortune he was really in a solid role. AJ Styles admitted Flair helped him mic wise as a heel. One of the best scenes I saw was Flair hyping Lockdown to a local reporter. In it with a twinkle in his eye and looking at AJ beside him is asked how he feels about TNA. He tells the guy , "If I was just half my age to do it all again to work with these guys...I'd gladly do it."

You saw a man who clearly had this desire in his soul to want to keep going. Its just his body and age ended it. In fact had Flair not been diagnosed with alcoholic cardiomyopathy and watching Jerry Lawler take a heart attack in 2012 ; Flair would have still worked in ring. Its what made him finally stop. (Its fitting Flair's final in ring match...was against Sting by the way in TNA. That was his final in ring match ever)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

This really has nothing to do with the lack of real fans but this has probably been the worst Takeover ever.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Not his run as manager of Fortune and his work with Jay Lethal. After it sure...we can forget that part. But as manager of Fortune he was really in a solid role. AJ Styles admitted Flair helped him mic wise as a heel. One of the best scenes I saw was Flair hyping Lockdown to a local reporter. In it with a twinkle in his eye and looking at AJ beside him is asked how he feels about TNA. He tells the guy , "If I was just half my age to do it all again to work with these guys...I'd gladly do it."

You saw a man who clearly had this desire in his soul to want to keep going. Its just his body and age ended it. In fact had Flair not been diagnosed with alcoholic cardiomyopathy and watching Jerry Lawler take a heart attack in 2012 ; Flair would have still worked in ring. Its what made him finally stop. (Its fitting Flair's final in ring match...was against Sting by the way in TNA. That was his final in ring match ever)
    His opponent may have been fitting... but the overall role as Hogans minion was just horrible. It was a nothing match on free TV just to build up Hogans feud. None of that fit what should have been the ending of arguably the greatest wrestling champion in history.

Ciampa got squashed. Kross getting the rocket brother!
    While I agree that Kross should squash his first opponent part of me thinks they should have saved Ciampa for later. It gives him a big win... but part of me thinks they're sort of hot shotting that a bit.

Still, Kross looked great... which was the point.

Congrats to Io for finally getting the belt. It was obvious that she's on another level compared to the rest.

Cool finish to the womens match.

But Charlotte just needs to stop using the figure 4 in triple threat matches. It never seems to work for her.

Ultimate Member

The 6 woman tag was a fun match. NXT needs to invest hard in babyface Shotzi and Raquel has a lot of potential as a hoss heel. Also nice to see Tegan and Shotzi get some payback.

Priest vs. Balor was badass. Those two beat the Hell out of each other. Balor was awesome as usual and between this and his match with Keith Lee, Priest has been very impressive lately.

Lee vs. Gargano was also great. A very effective David vs. Goliath story and Lee is just god-tier.

Dream vs. Cole, look I appreciate what they were trying to do with ot. But between the head lights and poor eiditing, it wasn't great. Also I'm not sure about the story near the end. Dream is going up soon I guess.

Kross vs. Ciampa worked for what it was, they're clearly all in on Kross. That was Lesnar vs. Cena levels of destruction.

The main event was great, and Io is finally champion. The only thing is, if that's it for Charlotte in NXT, then she really should have taken the pin here.

All in all, good show imo.

So CM Punk finally got his ice cream bars....

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So CM Punk finally got his ice cream bars....
    Ice Cream sandwiches. Its not quite the same thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Cool finish to the womens match.

But Charlotte just needs to stop using the figure 4 in triple threat matches. It never seems to work for her.
    Using a submission in a triple threat is pretty silly.

Extraordinary Member

NXT is weirdly the worst at these Cinmatic matches.

Ultimate Member

Rhea still got nothing out of this Charlotte stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Rhea still got nothing out of this Charlotte stuff.
    That was the price tag for incorporating Io into the angle. They could have simply had Rhea feud with Charlotte to beat her for the belt. But instead the insertd Io and had her win rather than have Rhea get her win back.

In the gran scheme of things, there was more net gain as it built up Io. NXT now has more than just Rhea. But Rhea does take a hit by not being able to win the belt back from Charlotte. Though just being able to wrestle Charlotte at WM is probably a big deal regardless. That's something.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

God Queen Charlotte is getting a title shot at the Raw's women title after just losing the NXT title
    https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1269826451269922816?s=21

Fucking why?

God Queen Charlotte is getting a title shot at the Raw's women title after just losing the NXT title
    https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1269826451269922816?s=21

Fucking why?
    Charlotte did technically win her match against Asuke, even though it was by count out. That justifies her getting another shot at Asuka.,