Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    His opponent may have been fitting... but the overall role as Hogans minion was just horrible. It was a nothing match on free TV just to build up Hogans feud. None of that fit what should have been the ending of arguably the greatest wrestling champion in history.
    There seemed to be more plan for Flair in 2011 , but he suffered that arm injury against Sting and he went on the shelf soon after and just played a minion to Hogan at the end. In 2012 he came back but wanted out as we know.

In listening to a JR Podcast deal what led Flair to leave the company in 2008 after the whole retirement deal was that he was doing indie dates for people as well. Well the NWA after seeing Flair go into WWE Hall of Fame contacted Flair for the NWA Hall of Fame and it made sense. Flair was a 6 or 7 time NWA World Champion. He is known for his 80's peak of greatness.

Vince got mad at this idea and blocked Flair from doing an appearance at this Hall of Fame. So Flair let his WWE contract run out and later did the appearance. But Jim Ross said that added to Flair's issues with company.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The 6 woman tag was a fun match. NXT needs to invest hard in babyface Shotzi and Raquel has a lot of potential as a hoss heel. Also nice to see Tegan and Shotzi get some payback.

Priest vs. Balor was badass. Those two beat the Hell out of each other. Balor was awesome as usual and between this and his match with Keith Lee, Priest has been very impressive lately.

Lee vs. Gargano was also great. A very effective David vs. Goliath story and Lee is just god-tier.

Dream vs. Cole, look I appreciate what they were trying to do with ot. But between the head lights and poor eiditing, it wasn't great. Also I'm not sure about the story near the end. Dream is going up soon I guess.

Kross vs. Ciampa worked for what it was, they're clearly all in on Kross. That was Lesnar vs. Cena levels of destruction.

The main event was great, and Io is finally champion. The only thing is, if that's it for Charlotte in NXT, then she really should have taken the pin here.

All in all, good show imo.
    Yeah, it was ok. Although,i think it's time Adam Cole dropped the title, it's not really doing anything anymore.

I am beyond happy Io Shirai won. IMO, she's been the best woman in NXT for a while now. The only thing is makes the Rhea/Charlotte thing kind of pointless but i'm not surprised, Rhea tapped out clean to Charlotte, the feud pretty much ends that point.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    God Queen Charlotte is getting a title shot at the Raw's women title after just losing the NXT title
    https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1269826451269922816?s=21

Fucking why?
    I hope its just for Asuka to go over Charlotte clean this time.

Asuka deserves to get that win back.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I hope its just for Asuka to go over Charlotte clean this time.

Asuka deserves to get that win back.
    Though I 100% believe Asuka should get a clean win over Charlotte, I honestly don't think a non title match on RAW which frankly is just built up for Asukas match with Nia should be the place for it. This is probably just an excuse for Nia shenanigans. If possible I'd honestly save Asuka beating Charlotte clean for a properly built up title match at Summerslam. Have Asuka beat Charlotte on a bigger meaningful stage. That could even be the main event.

Yeah, it was ok. Although,i think it's time Adam Cole dropped the title, it's not really doing anything anymore.

I am beyond happy Io Shirai won. IMO, she's been the best woman in NXT for a while now. The only thing is makes the Rhea/Charlotte thing kind of pointless but i'm not surprised, Rhea tapped out clean to Charlotte, the feud pretty much ends that point.
    Yeah, Adam Cole doesn't need the belt. They're probably just waiting to have him drop it to whomever they have designs to be the next big thing in NXT. Obviously it wasn't the Dream... though that might be an indicator he's moving up to the main roster.

Io winning was cool. I wonder if she's still a heel.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Charlotte did technically win her match against Asuke, even though it was by count out. That justifies her getting another shot at Asuka.,
    When have countouts ever gotten people title shots? They are given for decisive victories not technicality.

When have countouts ever gotten people title shots? They are given for decisive victories not technicality.
    In wrestling people get rematches stemming from undecisive victories all the time. That's usually how feuds extend since decivie wins are usually the end of things.

Granted it's more a heel thing, as a heel will intentionally get themselves DQed or counted out to keep their title, with the face demanding another shot. Storywise this would be the opposite, in that Asuke would probably want another shot to beat Charlotte rather than the reverse.

In wrestling people get rematches stemming from undecisive victories all the time. That's usually how feuds extend since decivie wins are usually the end of things.

Granted it's more a heel thing, as a heel will intentionally get themselves DQed or counted out to keep their title, with the face demanding another shot. Storywise this would be the opposite, in that Asuke would probably want another shot to beat Charlotte rather than the reverse.
    It's makes more sense that she got her shot because she got Batista cheat code for instant title shots.

Who does he drop it too? He's burned through all challengers. Keith is the only one left but he ain't getting the belt while he is NA champ.

It's makes more sense that she got her shot because she got Batista cheat code for instant title shots.
    Realistically, Charlottes win loss record probably justifies her at least being in the conversation of being number one contender any day of the week. Granted it's taken a few hits with loses to Bayley, Nia and Io... but it's STILL probably as justifiable as anyone else (Nia being the obvious exception as she already has a title shot).

But beating the champion, even by DQ or count out, is a pretty easy way to actually get another shot at the champion. That's pretty normal wrestling booking.

Who does he drop it too? He's burned through all challengers. Keith is the only one left but he ain't getting the belt while he is NA champ.
    Off the top of my head I'd say Balor. Not that he needs the belt, but he makes for a descent transitional champ. He could win it and drop to to maybe Kross down the line.

Realistically, Charlottes win loss record probably justifies her at least being in the conversation of being number one contender any day of the week. Granted it's taken a few hits with loses to Bayley, Nia and Io... but it's STILL probably as justifiable as anyone else (Nia being the obvious exception as she already has a title shot).

But beating the champion, even by DQ or count out, is a pretty easy way to actually get another shot at the champion. That's pretty normal wrestling booking.
    A technicality win would give another chance against the champ but not an actual title match. Ellsworth beat AJ like three times while he was WWE champ but never got a shot at the title because none of them were decisive victories. I'm not buying Charlotte getting a shot over a countouts win.

Off the top of my head I'd say Balor. Not that he needs the belt, but he makes for a descent transitional champ. He could win it and drop to to maybe Kross down the line.
    Cole already beat Balor on NXT TV. Besides, Balor will be trending water until he can resume his feud with Walter.

A technicality win would give another chance against the champ but not an actual title match. Ellsworth beat AJ like three times while he was WWE champ but never got a shot at the title because none of them were decisive victories. I'm not buying Charlotte getting a shot over a countouts win.
    Even if you don't buy that Charlottes win loss record alone arguably justifies it, it's pretty easy to say Asuka would actually WANT another shot at Flair. It's a pretty common thing for a face to do. Asuka in character probably wants a win over Charlotte and Nia robbed her of that opportunity.

Ultimate Member

WWE isn't even bothering to try and give reasons for Charlotte getting these matches anymore. Their favoritism is so blatant.