Extraordinary Member

wait, now the IIConics are coming out

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Looks like instead of Asuka vs Charlotte, we'll be getting Asuka and Charlotte tagging against Bayley and Sasha
    Even though I don't think Bayley and Sasha needs the belts, having them show up on any brand is pretty cool. The more Horsewomen we get, the better.

Ultimate Member

The opening segment was fun, as was the tag match.

Drew was awesome per usual.

I'd have preferred Garza to win, but the Triple Threat was still fun.

The ME, didn't work. The match wasn't terrible and there were some stiff spots. But this did nothing for Asuka. Having her get her ass beat for 95% of the really long match, Charlotte inconsistent selling, then the BS finish, this is not how you book a champion like her. Also commentary never shutting up about how awesome Charlotte is.

To WWE fans who wonder why many are tired of Charlotte's booking, this is why. Also Charlotte completely brushing off losing the NXT title as well.

So except for that, the rest of it was pretty good.

Lashley taking out R-Truth and neither him or MVP caring enough to pin him for the 24/7 title really devalues it. I know it's a "Joke" title, but from a strictly storyline perspective it makes you wonder why anyone would even want it to begin with now. Even more so after a month of it being a non-factor with a guy that never even bothered to show up.

Plus it would have been fun to have MVP pin him and then just have Lashley take out anyone that tries to sneak attack him for a few weeks. Missed opportunity.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Lashley taking out R-Truth and neither him or MVP caring enough to pin him for the 24/7 title really devalues it. I know it's a "Joke" title, but from a strictly storyline perspective it makes you wonder why anyone would even want it to begin with now. Even more so after a month of it being a non-factor with a guy that never even bothered to show up.

Plus it would have been fun to have MVP pin him and then just have Lashley take out anyone that tries to sneak attack him for a few weeks. Missed opportunity.
    You can sort of defend it by simply stating there's no referre around if you try real hard ... but yeah, I do think they are destroying even the illusion that the title might actually have some value.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The title isn't meant to have value. How can it given how it works?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    If the title has no value, why would anyone want it? Can't defend the title 24/7 if you don't have anyone that wants to fight you for it.

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

I like that idea. The 24/7 title could be fun, if taken seriously. It could be an open invitation for the weather to have fight with anyone at anytime.

If R Truth wanted to Velveeten Dreams but , he could just go NXT and have that fight. The wearer could have a match at any ppv. You could do those cinematic fights that the rasslin world loves so much now. A championship match at the Sizzlers

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    There should still the illusion that it has value... otherwise there's no reason for half the lockeroom to run around trying to win the thing.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Why would you pin him if there's no ref around?

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Why would you pin him if there's no ref around?
    It's backstage at a WWE event. He could probably just turn around and see one.

The point is he didn't even try. The belt was a non-factor to both of them.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Anytime someone's gone after the belt, they've dragged a ref with them. MVP didn't even know Truth was there till he saw him. You can't assume a ref is there unless it's explicitly shown.

The modern WWE mantra!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

I'm not used to siding with Michaels on anything, but that producer deserves a firing.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua