Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Paul Heyman been fired as executive director of Raw. Bruce Prichard will be the creative lead for both shows.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    No I meant Io. If Io wasn't inserted into the angle with Charlotte and Rhea, I would assume Rhea would have regained the belt back as I didn't expect Charlotte to remain in NXT long term. Io was put into the angle, and pinned Rhea to win the belt. It was the right move, in that it created a new top female star in the divsion. But the price was that Rhea doesn't regain the title or get a loss back from Charlotte. Io gets that instead.

As far as Orton taking shots at guys... my interpretation (and obviously I could be 100% wrong) is less that he's insecure, and more that he's generally trying to advice younger talent to take less bumps and wrestle a safer style for their own benefit. But because Orton is a bit of a dick, he just comes off more negative than it needs to. Though in CIampas case specifically, I do wonder if this isn't part of some work which will ultimately lead to Orton having a short run in NXT. That could just be wishful thinking though.
    Orton twitter feud with Ciampa won't lead to anything. Reportedly, Vince is pissed about it because it's teasing something the company won't follow up on.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Paul Heyman been fired as executive director of Raw. Bruce Prichard will be the creative lead for both shows.
    I wonder if that will mean the end of the brand split again.

Hope not as I think it's been working okay. Maybe not ratings wise... but I think both shows have been doing okay in recent weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I wonder if that will mean the end of the brand split again.

Hope not as I think it's been working okay. Maybe not ratings wise... but I think both shows have been doing okay in recent weeks.
    Heyman got fired to act as a scapegoat to Raw's declining ratings.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    as much as i like both randy and edge, that match is gonna suck for one simple reason: the billing of it being the "greatest match ever". regardless of how good it could be, it will never live up that billing. so anything short of perfect is a fail, because it will be judged against matches like steamboat/savage, bret/owen, austin/bret, shawn/taker at WM25 and so on. and i geniuelly feel bad for both of them for being put in a position like this.
    Agreed, at this point the only way out is for this to be a Randy Orton trap right? Like he teasest the Greatest Match Ever, but gets DQ'd early and beats Edge down after luring him into a technical match. (Also extending a feud very few want extended)

Astonishing Member

Someone gonna answer that phone? 'Cos I freakin' called it.

Extraordinary Member

Happy for Io but yeah Charlotte is def over exposed. It's like they buried the NXT women's division which was going really well for one person who was already on top. Really don't get how they did Ripley like that. And Bazler and Belair are mia wtf?

But yeah I think Orton was right about wrestlers shortening their career with high-risk manuevers. At the same time his matches do lack enthusiasm. He lost a lot of steam after the attitude era when a lot of the vets he came up with left.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Someone gonna answer that phone? 'Cos I freakin' called it.
    Lol, I think everyone knew that this was hired to get fired gig. If Pritchard has this position at year's end, I will be shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Lol, I think everyone knew that this was hired to get fired gig. If Pritchard has this position at year's end, I will be shocked.
    Prichard is Vince's personal yes man. There's nobody in that company that understands Vince's vision more than him. Vince might as well admit failure if he lets him go.

Astonishing Member

Why has BelAir and Bazzler been MIA lately? Same with Ricochet and Cedric.

Astonishing Member

Prichard is Vince's personal yes man. There's nobody in that company that understands Vince's vision more than him. Vince might as well admit failure if he lets him go.
    I could see him getting switched to a different position. They have done it to Pritchard before.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Why has BelAir and Bazzler been MIA lately? Same with Ricochet and Cedric.
    Word is Vince lost confidence in Baszler and that's why her push halted. The rest are getting lost in the shuffle. Bianca has done nothing so she should go back to NXT.

Astonishing Member

Word is Vince lost confidence in Baszler and that's why her push halted. The rest are getting lost in the shuffle. Bianca has done nothing so she should go back to NXT.
    If they were appearing they'd be jobbing. The roster still has the problem that they want to protect everyone. Ruby and Kairi are there putting people over every week. The Iiconics back to take some singles losses should help and if the rumor that Chelsea Green is about to get called up is true, I'm guessing she's going to come up at the lower end of the card.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Prichard as one guy joked is basically someone who will always agree with Vince. He is that guy who will proclaim the greatness of any **** idea Vince pushes.

Case in point...Red Rooster. Everyone on Earth knows it was a **** idea. Everyone from Cornette to Jim Ross has said it was terrible and ruined Terry Taylor's ring career.

Bruce in a shoot out of the company at this point claimed it was a solid idea. That it could have worked.

Bret Hart in his shoot is told this and in typical dead pan humor goes..."And thats why Bruce is where he's at." (At the time gone from WWE)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Prichard as one guy joked is basically someone who will always agree with Vince. He is that guy who will proclaim the greatness of any **** idea Vince pushes.

Case in point...Red Rooster. Everyone on Earth knows it was a **** idea. Everyone from Cornette to Jim Ross has said it was terrible and ruined Terry Taylor's ring career.

Bruce in a shoot out of the company at this point claimed it was a solid idea. That it could have worked.

Bret Hart in his shoot is told this and in typical dead pan humor goes..."And thats why Bruce is where he's at." (At the time gone from WWE)
    I remember those interviews of Bruce defending the Red Rooster idea. Saying that it could have gotten over if Terry got into the gimmick. Enthusiasm can only do so much.