Extraordinary Member

AJ is the new IC champ

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    AJ is the new IC champ
    All he needs now is a tag reign for the grand slam.

Ultimate Member

The tag match was fine.

AJ vs. Bryan was fantastic, and the right guy won.

No Sonya, boo.

Sheamus and Hardy and the Women's segments were, ok.

The ME was fun.

Overall, solid show with a badass middle part.

Astonishing Member

There was nothing wrong with the Red Rooster gimmick--I mean it would be silly by today's standards, but it was right in line of the gimmicks of the 80's. Animal gimmicks are a natural fit in wrestling!

I've enjoyed the heck out of both RAW and Smackdown the past few months. I think Heyman and Pritchard were doing a good job. RAW has had some bad luck in that a lot of it's big stars were out--but it has been doing a great job in building some new talent. Smackdown has given us a women's division where almost everyone is used, and reminding us that there are a lot of great veteran in-ring workers on its roster.

Bryan/Styles is my match of 2020 so far. (Admittedly slim pickings). The only thing is that I don't see Styles feuding with Zayn when he returns.

The Sheamus/Hardy segment was hilariously campy. Some people are going to hate it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Prichard as one guy joked is basically someone who will always agree with Vince. He is that guy who will proclaim the greatness of any shit idea Vince pushes.

Case in point...Red Rooster. Everyone on Earth knows it was a shit idea. Everyone from Cornette to Jim Ross has said it was terrible and ruined Terry Taylor's ring career.

Bruce in a shoot out of the company at this point claimed it was a solid idea. That it could have worked.

Bret Hart in his shoot is told this and in typical dead pan humor goes..."And thats why Bruce is where he's at." (At the time gone from WWE)
    I think that unfair criticism of Bruce. Bruce is going to yes to what his boss ask, same as anyone else. If he doesn't, he will get dropped just like anybody else. Its creative for wrestling company, I don't think there is a hill worth dying on.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    There was nothing wrong with the Red Rooster gimmick--I mean it would be silly by today's standards, but it was right in line of the gimmicks of the 80's. Animal gimmicks are a natural fit in wrestling!

I've enjoyed the heck out of both RAW and Smackdown the past few months. I think Heyman and Pritchard were doing a good job. RAW has had some bad luck in that a lot of it's big stars were out--but it has been doing a great job in building some new talent. Smackdown has given us a women's division where almost everyone is used, and reminding us that there are a lot of great veteran in-ring workers on its roster.

Bryan/Styles is my match of 2020 so far. (Admittedly slim pickings). The only thing is that I don't see Styles feuding with Zayn when he returns.

The Sheamus/Hardy segment was hilariously campy. Some people are going to hate it.
    Oh hey there Bruce. Didn't know you posted on the CBR forums.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    This was a terrible gimmick even then.

I'm sorry but this gimmick literally destroyed Taylor's promising career. In the UWF he was a rising star then and once Vince put this gimmick on him...things landed with a thud. (WCW tried to save his career but the damage was done)

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I think that unfair criticism of Bruce. Bruce is going to yes to what his boss ask, same as anyone else. If he doesn't, he will get dropped just like anybody else. Its creative for wrestling company, I don't think there is a hill worth dying on.
    Vince is in the same position he once was in back in late 1990's when he loyal YES MEN had watched things get so bad that RAW's rating was the worse then. Vince finally had to go with Russo , breaking the loyal flunkies hold in him. Now yes Vince gets great credit for being Russo's editor , that he cherry picked Russo's great ideas.

But Russo had some balls to tell Vince if he disagreed on an idea. That he really stunned a lot there because they had blew smoke up Vince McMahon's ass for so long worried about their jobs they were allowing things to go to crap because they were worried Vince would fire them if they spoke up and disagreed on something.

If your worried and allowing terrible ideas to be put out because your scared to disagree with the boss , then well ...your not gonna get criticism. Sorry its how it is. Prichard knows how the game is played and Paul Heyman , well he don't give a shit. He will tell Vince if something sucks. I mean back in early 2000's he had Smackdown as a solid brand and Vince hated it because he wanted to make it absolute crap. (Stephanie to her credit kept him at bay as long as she did...finally they fired Paul because Vince wanted to book shit with it.

Paul E. should honestly leave. He could literally go anywhere and they'd let him try to be booker (except AEW). He could not have to worry about Vince deciding he needs to express his beautiful ideas at times. lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    WWE sacrificed Rhea getting a win over Charlotte and the title for Io winning the title and getting the win. But I do agree that Io should beat Rhea on her own. I would PRESUME that once Charlotte is out of the picture (she might still get a rematch) Rhea and Io can feud for the title. A win over Rhea probably would help cement Io being a top person, as you can argue her win at IYH was somewhat of a fluke.
    more like they used rhea so charlotte could drop the title w/o being pinned. to say they "sacrificed rhea getting the win and title" is suggesting they had plans for that to happen and there nothing to suggest they did. it looks pretty clear the only reason rhea was inserted into the match was to take the pin for charlotte.

As far as advicing wrestlers not sounding like Orton.... that may be true. I just have an easier time buying that over him being insecure over guy who wrestle different styles. If he can wrestle a safer style while still getting over and being a top guy, then hes being smarter about it. He's not nothing to be insecure about. With a light schedule and a pretty fat long term guranteed contract, I think Orton is pretty untouchable to any NXT guys at this point. A younger more upcoming like like maybe Drew might have reason to feel insecure about protecting his spot ... but I think Orton is pretty much set for the rest of his career.
    i doubt it's the style he's insecure about and more the praise heaped upon the NXT brand. and if orton didn't care he wouldn't bother to comment.

peoples insecurities are very often not justified.

there's a difference between doing what's asked and telling you boss every idea he has is genius.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Oh hey there Bruce. Didn't know you posted on the CBR forums.
    holy shit there's 3 of them!!

has anybody heard how danny havoc died??

Ultimate Member

Heyman and Vince always end up butting heads creatively eventually. It's why Heyman's last two stints in creative ended as well.

Bruce will be the Yes-Man that Vince wants.

Astonishing Member

Watching AEW now. I just watched a man get beat up with oranges. Lord give me strength.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I remember those interviews of Bruce defending the Red Rooster idea. Saying that it could have gotten over if Terry got into the gimmick. Enthusiasm can only do so much.
    Bruce doesn't like Taylor and he always says that a talent can turn chicken bleep into chicken salad if they believe in it. I don't agree with that all.

Watching AEW now. I just watched a man get beat up with oranges. Lord give me strength.
    You know that is a thing IRL right??

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i like a lot of silly gimmicks in the golden era. red rooster was not one of them. and this from a guy who liked Hakeem the African dream.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    You know that is a thing IRL right??
    ?Que?

I know people put oranges in socks. But never see someone get El Kabong by a bag of blood oranges.

God I love Schiavonne.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i like a lot of silly gimmicks in the golden era. red rooster was not one of them. and this from a guy who liked Hakeem the African dream.
    Yeah, the 80's were filled cocaine fueled gimmicks.