Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's a good thing most people don't remember the original incarnation of the Nation. Savio Vega and Crush did not fit.
    Bwahaha. No , they didn't. Well maybe Savio. I think there is room for " controversial" storylines but I feel like that should be done by a lower tier promotion like MLW,TNA, or ROH. Somebody who can gamble on the exposure that they could get.

Astonishing Member

I feel bad for Mustafa Ali. Gets moved to Raw, but ends up with the same creative team. I hope they move him to NXT. Too good of a talent to waste. NXT can use more faces that can talk.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

It's a good thing most people don't remember the original incarnation of the Nation. Savio Vega and Crush did not fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Bwahaha. No , they didn't. Well maybe Savio. I think there is room for " controversial" storylines but I feel like that should be done by a lower tier promotion like MLW,TNA, or ROH. Somebody who can gamble on the exposure that they could get.
    Krush was more a biker type anyhow. It didn't fit but the group really floundered beyond when Rock joined and it made it something for his pissing Faarooq off. The funniest turn was Ahmed and well...I detail it on the last post on how badly telegraphed it was. The turn did nothing for Johnson as his career was hitting the skids and the WWF had no clue what to do with him it seems.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Krush was more a biker type anyhow. It didn't fit but the group really floundered beyond when Rock joined and it made it something for his pissing Faarooq off. The funniest turn was Ahmed and well...I detail it on the last post on how badly telegraphed it was. The turn did nothing for Johnson as his career was hitting the skids and the WWF had no clue what to do with him it seems.
    By the time Johnson joined the Nation his work had deteriorated. He was slopper and more reckless in the ring. From what I remember he didn't last long after that.

Incredible Member

been watching rusev on his new youtube page , extremely active on there and twitch. pretty chill and likeable. would love for wwe to resign him back since he never finished his feud with lashley. best time for him to show up now to mock lashley since he wants to divorce lana.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I legitimately want to see WWE attempt something that addresses real injustice along the lines of homosexuality or race. Because we're going to see some ignorant ideas and it would finally make Vince and co have to address the elephant in the room that they are out-of-touch.
    Kofi Kingston's Wrestlemania storyline dealt with Systemic Racism. If you listen to their podcast, that's what they were trying to do. Yes, they could have done more, but...

Liv Morgan and Lana? Ok let's not touch that...

Sonya/Mandy were going to have a lesbian angle, but supposedly Mandy's RL girlfriend nixed the storyline. (If you watch Total Divas)

Incredible Member

tegan and shotzi gave a good account of themselves against bayley and sasha for the tag titles but a bit surreal to see a green hair vs blue hair and later interrupted by a red hair

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

By the time Johnson joined the Nation his work had deteriorated. He was slopper and more reckless in the ring. From what I remember he didn't last long after that.
    His promos weren't good either. Jim Cornette discussed how no one could understand his promos there. Also as Cornette claims Johnson had gotten a huge ego beyond what his push was. He detailed a story this ego is what sunk him more or less as even after his WWF career ended he was booked for a NWA show in New Jersey by Dennis Carlozza. Anyhow the guy promoting it had Ahmed a motel and the day of the show Ahmed wouldn't go to the venue because the promoter wouldn't send him a limo to pick him up. They tried to get him to come and he refused without limo.

So the promoter got in the ring , told the audience how Ahmed was refusing to show up and gave his motel address and number. Jim claims he didn't get paid and went home after that night.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    I don't get to escape being black

im tired of this "im entitled to a break" crap I hear so much of lately
    and i don't get to escape being mexican, doesn't mean i'm not "entitled" to a break regardless of how tired you might be of hearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Oh I know that the name Black Wall Street is controversial.Its dark for a purpose. To educate people about what BWS was and to see that these men are angry. That being said that is a far too complex story for the WWE.

I still want MVP to have a stable though. MVP is very thoughtful and eloquent when talking about social issues.

But a promotion with a 7 foot Black Ninja might need to stay away from that
    yeah i don't trust WWE to educate anybody on much of anything race related.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The women's revolution was organic and not socially aware. Still is not. It conveniently fit into an issue at the time yet it was largely organic.

B Dazzler's crazy environmentalist was straight outta Saturday Morning Cartoons of the 80s.

I legitimately want to see WWE attempt something that addresses real injustice along the lines of homosexuality or race. Because we're going to see some ignorant ideas and it would finally make Vince and co have to address the elephant in the room that they are out-of-touch.
    i don't want to see that, it's already hard enough to be a fan of WWE. honestly i'm now only a fan of the talent that works there, sadly over the past few years my eyes have been opened more than ever to the fact the company i grew up loving was and is ran by some truly horrible people.

ricky starks is an NWA guy isn't he??
    Last edited by BigLbo; 06-18-2020 at 04:42 AM.

Ultimate Member

Io vs. Sasha, PLEASE!! Make it the main event, give them plenty of time and lets go. Sasha and Bayley tonight=THAT'S how you come down to NXT from the MR and put someone over despite winning in the end.

I do want to see the Women's tag belts held by an NXT team at some point. There's so many women in NXT, those belts would make total sense there.

Kevin Owens, according to Wrestletalk, Wrestling Observer, and several other sources, has decided to opt out of the latest RAW tapings in light of the recent positive COVID-19 test of a developmental talent. According to some, the fact that a member of his wife's family passed away due to complications of the virus may have played a factor.

No word yet on whether this will just be a one-week thing or if he is following the lead of Roman Reigns and Sami Zayn. However, many (myself included) would not be surprised if more WWE talent decides Reigns and Zayn had the right idea, and decide it's just too risky to perform under the current pandemic conditions.

British indie star David Star got into some hot water. An ex of his leaked a bunch of his DMs that shows that he emotionally and sexually abused his girlfriends. He apparently even raped one of them. He issued the standard "sorry I got caught" apology where he blamed his actions on other things.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Io vs. Sasha, PLEASE!! Make it the main event, give them plenty of time and lets go. Sasha and Bayley tonight=THAT'S how you come down to NXT from the MR and put someone over despite winning in the end.

I do want to see the Women's tag belts held by an NXT team at some point. There's so many women in NXT, those belts would make total sense there.
    I suspect it won't be a feud, it was just Io "kicking them out" of NXT. But Bayley "Tres Belts" has a nice ring to it. Bayley and Sasha made them look really good!

Marina and Jessamyn will probably be the first NXT team that eventually wins.

No word yet on whether this will just be a one-week thing or if he is following the lead of Roman Reigns and Sami Zayn. However, many (myself included) would not be surprised if more WWE talent decides Reigns and Zayn had the right idea, and decide it's just too risky to perform under the current pandemic conditions.
    I think some will, especially the ones that have families. That said, the roster is so big and there are so many unused people, they'll always have enough bodies for a show. Several of the young ones are single, live alone have no family in Florida, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I suspect it won't be a feud, it was just Io "kicking them out" of NXT. But Bayley "Tres Belts" has a nice ring to it. Bayley and Sasha made them look really good!

Marina and Jessamyn will probably be the first NXT team that eventually wins.

I think some will, especially the ones that have families. That said, the roster is so big and there are so many unused people, they'll always have enough bodies for a show. Several of the young ones are single, live alone have no family in Florida, etc.
    Maybe Asuka and Io can form a team to feud with Bayley and Sasha. That could be cool. Get all the champs limped into one match.

Well, David Starr started something. A bunch of deviants in the BritWres scene are being outed. I guess he did manage to make that wrestling union afterall.

EDIT: After everything that's been coming out I guess it's a good thing that WWE killed the UK scene.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 06-18-2020 at 03:07 PM.