nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

with everything else, i will reserve my judgement until all the facts and evidence come in.

not gonna have a repeat of the enzo situation.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Velveteen nuked his social media. It's a wrap for him.

Ultimate Member

Jack Gallagher is gone from the WWE.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    with everything else, i will reserve my judgement until all the facts and evidence come in.

not gonna have a repeat of the enzo situation.
    That is the smartest and wisest response.

So Smackdown is that hard hit for main event talent that we're just doing Bray/Braun again with the exact same plot ("I made you")?

I guess I'd be more excited if each of Bray's characters wrestled differently to vary up the matches, but they don't. Then again, any Bray match since lockdown hasn't been an actual "wrestling" match so it wouldn't make a difference anyway.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    So Smackdown is that hard hit for main event talent that we're just doing Bray/Braun again with the exact same plot ("I made you")?

I guess I'd be more excited if each of Bray's characters wrestled differently to vary up the matches, but they don't. Then again, any Bray match since lockdown hasn't been an actual "wrestling" match so it wouldn't make a difference anyway.
    In some respects, recycling old feuds makes sense. It's difficult for wrestlers, writers, bookers, and so on to come up with new ideas all the time when they're doing shows every week all year round. And if certain performers have good enough chemistry together, it makes sense to put them in angles together.

Of course, the downside of this is that it can cause things to seem repetitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    In some respects, recycling old feuds makes sense. It's difficult for wrestlers, writers, bookers, and so on to come up with new ideas all the time when they're doing shows every week all year round. And if certain performers have good enough chemistry together, it makes sense to put them in angles together.

Of course, the downside of this is that it can cause things to seem repetitive.
    If Braun and Bray have literally only wrestled once, then repetition for this feud at least shouldn't be an issue.

Extraordinary Member

Plus the previous finish wasn't very definitive

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Plus the previous finish wasn't very definitive
    I think the bigger pay off is Fiend vs Braun anyways. That's the monster feud. The match with non Fiend Bray can almost be seen as just build up to that. As weird as it sounds, Bray is almost his own sub boss.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think the bigger pay off is Fiend vs Braun anyways. That's the monster feud. The match with non Fiend Bray can almost be seen as just build up to that. As weird as it sounds, Bray is almost his own sub boss.
    Bray is the whole damn game!

You literally have a performer who can be in multiple feuds at one time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I predict that Brawn's gonna go over Cult leader Bray, but then lose to the Fiend

Astonishing Member

The Forgotten Sons only worked because of Rykers look. Take him out and you should just cut the guys.

They are just not impressive. You have way more impressive guys who need to get screen time.

Bray/Braun would feel less repetitive if they would have just continued the feud they started instead of stopping it for a random Braun/Miz/Morrison feud. It would have felt like a continuation of a feud instead of "Welp, we got no one so back to Bray!"
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Bray/Braun would feel less repetitive if they would have just continued the feud they started instead of stopping it for a random Braun/Miz/Morrison feud. It would have felt like a continuation of a feud instead of "Welp, we got no one so back to Bray!"
    Bray was given time off so he can be at home with his newborn child. Honestly, I feel more feuds could use breathers.