Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Kayla got covid for a second time
    https://www.ringsidenews.com/2020/06...e-second-time/

WWE, shut it all down.
    That was an easier arguement to make when the economy was shut down. But now that the economy is starting to open up again, talent theoretically are just as likely to get covid going out to dinner at a restaurante as they are going to work. Maybe more likely since the WWE is at least testing.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That was an easier arguement to make when the economy was shut down. But now that the economy is starting to open up again, talent theoretically are just as likely to get covid going out to dinner at a restaurante as they are going to work. Maybe more likely since the WWE is at least testing.
    Dude, the state of Florida is having a spike in cases. I rather not wait for someone catch it and die from it so more protective measures can be taken.

I wouldn't think so. I think you can differentiate between the actual product and SOME of the people behind it. If it was a good product (and I didn't watch it so I cant say), and there's a fan base who might enjoy it I don't see the harm.
    They've essentially erased Chris Benoit completely. Not saying the severity of the situations are 100% the same, but WWE has proven "the wrestler v. the product" doesn't always apply.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Dude, the state of Florida is having a spike in cases. I rather not wait for someone catch it and die from it so more protective measures can be taken.
    Ultimately that's the problem. Because of all the protesting social distancing is basically dead so there's no point in shutting down the economy when you have crowds of hundreds of people gathering anyways. Trying to tell any business they can't open up to pay their bills when there are giant crowds outside their window every day only works for so long. There's little to no gain in preventing people from working when social distancing is being ignored anyways, so at this point all people can do is take the hit and ride it out. I'm not just walking about the WWE but pretty much everyone else. In the least the WWE does testing so thats likely a LITTLE safer than most places of business.

Ultimately that's the problem. Because of all the protesting social distancing is basically dead so there's no point in shutting down the economy when you have crowds of hundreds of people gathering anyways. Trying to tell any business they can't open up to pay their bills when there are giant crowds outside their window every day only works for so long. There's little to no gain in preventing people from working when social distancing is being ignored anyways, so at this point all people can do is take the hit and ride it out. I'm not just walking about the WWE but pretty much everyone else. In the least the WWE does testing so thats likely a LITTLE safer than most places of business.
    Actually, the protests didn't cause a spike in covid cases
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...irus-no-surges

Every time I see protesters the mass majority of them are wearing masks. All the while in Florida there was a story where a group of 15 people go bar hopping, no masks and they all caught it.

Actually, the protests didn't cause a spike in covid cases
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...irus-no-surges

Every time I see protesters the mass majority of them are wearing masks. All the while in Florida there was a story where a group of 15 people go bar hopping, no masks and they all caught it.
    You can't credibly shut down the economy due to social distancing while simultaneously allowing crowds of hundreds to gather. If people can gather then they can gather. If they can't then they can't. They should still gather taking proper precautions... nonetheless they should be allowed to do it IF protests are okay.

Not knocking the protests mind you ... just saying they make restrictions against gathering on public moot.
    Last edited by XPac; 06-25-2020 at 08:24 AM.

You can't credibly shut down the economy due to social distancing while simultaneously allowing crowds of hundreds to gather. If people can gather then they can gather. If they can't then they can't. They should still gather taking proper precautions... nonetheless they should be allowed to do it IF protests are okay.

Not knocking the protests mind you ... just saying they make restrictions against gathering on public most.
    They can shutdown when there's a spike of cases in a singular workplace. Meat plants, warehouses are other responsible businesses have done this.

Ultimate Member

Didn't WWE get a waiver to work in Florida (which is a covid-19) as an "essential service" during the lockdown?

WWE never shutdown, they worked throughout the crisis so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Didn't WWE get a waiver to work in Florida (which is a covid-19) as an "essential service" during the lockdown?

WWE never shutdown, they worked throughout the crisis so to speak.
    Yes they did. Linda bribed the state to make them essential.

Fightful is reporting that there's positive cases in all departments that were in attendance. This could be widespread.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    WWE's handling of this has been astounding in it's ineptness and tone deafness.
    Dave and Brian at Wrestling Observer Radio would agree with that assessment. In the June 25th edition, they discuss how the virus outbreak in WWE was inevitable.

Thier spike started well before the protests.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

WWE's EVP said that the company has a social responsibility to put fans first
    https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/w...put-fans-first

His ass must be jealous of his mouth with all the crap that comes out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Thier spike started well before the protests.
    People were predicting a second wave well before the protests. All I'm saying is that protests essentially renders shutting the economy down moot. If people can gather in crowds of hundreds, then the rationale for keeping people from being able to go to work and pay their bills is basically out the window. If we can't enjoy the benefits of shelter in place, we can at least eliminate the drawbacks of it.

Astonishing Member

Renee got the Rona, and I think she hasn't been at a taping awhile.