Page 1166 of 1250 FirstFirst ... 16666610661116115611621163116411651166116711681169117011761216 ... LastLast
Results 17,476 to 17,490 of 18737
  1. #17476
    Wonder Moderator Gaelforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,550

    Default

    Let's get this back on track, folks.

    Debating protesters vs businesses and what is essential is starting to head out of the wrestling ring, so to speak.
    Gaelforce
    Superman/Wonder Woman/TV Film Forum Moderator
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

  2. #17477
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    8,721

  3. #17478
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I have been waiting for this for awhile. The champ has to be there.

  4. #17479
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    That's a potential score for AEW if they can snag her (which presumably won't be that hard since her dad works there). Their womans division could use the help.

    Course, if she doesn't want to work at the moment it'll be awhile.
    Last edited by XPac; 06-25-2020 at 08:23 PM.

  5. #17480
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I have been waiting for this for awhile. The champ has to be there.
    From the sound of things, she didn't seem willing to even to cut promos from her home.

  6. #17481
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    8,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That's a potential score for AEW if they can snag her (which presumably won't be that hard since her dad works there). Their womans division could use the help.

    Course, if she doesn't want to work at the moment it'll be awhile.
    I don't see her dad being there as a sweetener. Tessa was raised by Magnum TA not Tully. Who knows what that relationship is. Tessa has been problematic in every promotion she's worked for. It would actually be bad for AEW's public image to bring her in. I know I haven't forgotten about all the female talent that spoke out about the abuse and racism she put them through.

  7. #17482
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    537

    Default

    to be honest , it was pretty silly for tessa to win the men's world title. expecting her to compete against guys week after week , c'mon that metoo movement is a bit nuch.

  8. #17483
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    From the sound of things, she didn't seem willing to even to cut promos from her home.
    It seems like she wanted to get fired.Which is something that I don't think Vince would want to work with .

    AEW has not fired anyone yet, they just have had people do therapy.. Tess says that she is going to therapy for vague reasons and AEW picks her up.

  9. #17484
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    It seems like she wanted to get fired.Which is something that I don't think Vince would want to work with .

    AEW has not fired anyone yet, they just have had people do therapy.. Tess says that she is going to therapy for vague reasons and AEW picks her up.
    WWE apparently wasn't interested in her in the past ... maybe we're seeing why. It's a shame as I do think her and Charlotte could have had an interesting feud.

    But AEW needs her more.

  10. #17485
    Astonishing Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Either legitimately enforce people sheltering in place (if that's even possible) to protect people from the coronovirus, or allow the economy to function while the pandemic is happening. Do one or the other, because shutting down business while people are gathering in the hundreds really isn't ideal from any perspective.
    this has to be the front runner for worst post of the year, and 2020 has been a shitstorm to say the least.

    AEW was okay this week.

  11. #17486
    Mighty Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,959

    Default

    IIRC, Tessa did not leave a good impression on the WWE brass when she was in the Mae Young Classic, so that bridge may already have been burned to the ground. AEW would probably do well to stay far away from her too given all the problematic stuff she's been linked to the last couple of years.

  12. #17487
    Astonishing Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,841

    Default

    best thing for tessa would probably be to just stay and work in mexico. poor impact, i think they might be cursed. the curse of slapnuts has damned them forever.

  13. #17488
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    6,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    IIRC, Tessa did not leave a good impression on the WWE brass when she was in the Mae Young Classic, so that bridge may already have been burned to the ground. AEW would probably do well to stay far away from her too given all the problematic stuff she's been linked to the last couple of years.
    Quoted for truth.
    "Obviously not all conservatives are racists/bigots but all racists/bigots claim to be conservative"- Unknown

    RIP Chadwick Boseman.

  14. #17489
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    IIRC, Tessa did not leave a good impression on the WWE brass when she was in the Mae Young Classic, so that bridge may already have been burned to the ground. AEW would probably do well to stay far away from her too given all the problematic stuff she's been linked to the last couple of years.
    Despite all of that, Impact did make her their world champion though. But Impact can maybe get away with stuff that WWE and AeW might bit given they are flying lower on the radar.

    I do think the fact that who ever signs her (if someone signs her) is getting what they can advertise as a world champion. But I guess being the Impact champion only means so much.

    But either way, if she's not willing to work in the pandemic or even cut promos from home, there's no reason for anyone to sign her anytime soon.

  15. #17490
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    to be honest , it was pretty silly for tessa to win the men's world title. expecting her to compete against guys week after week , c'mon that metoo movement is a bit nuch.
    I'm generally speaking not a fan of that myself ... but to play devil's advocate it did get people to actually pay a little bit of attention to the Impact champion.

    But in a lot of ways they definitely didn't pick the best woman if they were trying to make some sort of woke statement.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •