Swamp Match was interesting... Not sure what the hell we watched but it was different..

Extraordinary Member

Over all, I really enjoyed Extreme Rules

Incredible Member

so wtf happened in that swamp match. so did the fiend win in the end. is he the new champion.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    so wtf happened in that swamp match. so did the fiend win in the end. is he the new champion.
    It was a non title match, the Universal championship wasn't on the line. As for who won, it's sort of a draw I suppose.

Incredible Member

like the cena match at wrestlemania ,this match like a mindtrip through the mind of braun from facing himself as the black sheep , gettin seduced by sister abigail via alexa bliss to finally defeating bray but still succumbing to the fiend. just a weird match and the future implication.

They are booking themselves in to a corner with Wyatt. Every match of his since he lost the belt to Goldberg has been a cinematic match. It works for his character, but you can't keep doing that once people are allowed back into arenas. You can't expect a live audience who paid PPV ticket money to just sit and watch a giant screen for 15-30min, even more so for a main event. Most will leave to beat the traffic home.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    They are booking themselves in to a corner with Wyatt. Every match of his since he lost the belt to Goldberg has been a cinematic match. It works for his character, but you can't keep doing that once people are allowed back into arenas. You can't expect a live audience who paid PPV ticket money to just sit and watch a giant screen for 15-30min, even more so for a main event. Most will leave to beat the traffic home.
    I agree. Asking a love crowd to sit through a 15-20 vignette is a killer. I am not a fan of cinematic wrestling but during this I see the appeal of doing it.

Hopefully, we get heel Braun out of this. Deranged monster champ would save this title run. Just line up the heroes and fan favorites for him to destroy.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So Impact released a new EC3 return vignette. Which basically is ...well its perhaps one of the best shot vignettes a company has done for someone in a long time. You have to look at this and wonder how the WWE could drop the ball and not do something like this ? Its one of those head smack moments that tells you , yeah they fucked up major with the guy.

(he joked that someone proposed that before he was injured they wanted him to become a mute onscreen and pose at a mirror all the time)

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Worst PPV of the Pandemic era, but the PPVs have been good so that's not saying much.

Banks vs. Asuka in a Ladder match? Or some sort of 4-way with all of the titles on the line, I'm here for it.

Kofi's table bump looked visually stunning, especially in slow motion.

Nikki's friends don't see that they are turning her into the next Dakota Kai.

Poor Rey, first he gets thrown out off of Titan Towers now he gets an eye popped out. Seth is now scarier than Bray Wyatt, who was in another overly cartoony Cinematic match. It was much better than his match with Cena, but that's not saying much. It's definitely polarizing his character I think--he was going to universally loved--now he's either loved by even more and now you have a group of people that have turned on him. Maybe it matches the cult figure personality.

Sooo....saw that they are putting Orton/Big Show on RAW tonight to help with ratings. What? Do we think this is a ratings draw?

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So Impact released a new EC3 return vignette. Which basically is ...well its perhaps one of the best shot vignettes a company has done for someone in a long time. You have to look at this and wonder how the WWE could drop the ball and not do something like this ? Its one of those head smack moments that tells you , yeah they fucked up major with the guy.

(he joked that someone proposed that before he was injured they wanted him to become a mute onscreen and pose at a mirror all the time)

Eh... I honestly doubt WWE will or should lose sleep over EC3 (though I agree it's a nice promo package).

Because he's got a good look and isn't terrible at anything, he's a guy they in theory MIGHT have been able to make a big star if they pushed him to the moon. But given he never cut a promo or had a match in NXT which was even remotely memorable, I honestly think it's doubtful the guy could have really gotten over without the company heavily propping him up. Overall I think he came off fairly average in a roster which arguably was the best in the industry at the moment.

He's fine being a big fish in a small pond like Impact (especially now with their main event talent pool so thin). But I'm not sure EC3 could really be a top guy anywhere else. His work rate probably isn't good enough to really allow him to stand out too much in AEW or Japan, so I think he's basically peaked at being a top heel in Impact.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    But given he never cut a promo or had a match in NXT which was even remotely memorable, I honestly think it's doubtful the guy could have really gotten over without the company heavily propping him up.
    He was in NXT for less than a year, part of that being out with concussion issues, and lost every feud he was in.

I'm not a gigantic EC3 fan, but WWE barely even tried with him.

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

BANNED

I think ec should go bald.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Eh... I honestly doubt WWE will or should lose sleep over EC3 (though I agree it's a nice promo package).

Because he's got a good look and isn't terrible at anything, he's a guy they in theory MIGHT have been able to make a big star if they pushed him to the moon. But given he never cut a promo or had a match in NXT which was even remotely memorable, I honestly think it's doubtful the guy could have really gotten over without the company heavily propping him up. Overall I think he came off fairly average in a roster which arguably was the best in the industry at the moment.

He's fine being a big fish in a small pond like Impact (especially now with their main event talent pool so thin). But I'm not sure EC3 could really be a top guy anywhere else. His work rate probably isn't good enough to really allow him to stand out too much in AEW or Japan, so I think he's basically peaked at being a top heel in Impact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    He was in NXT for less than a year, part of that being out with concussion issues, and lost every feud he was in.

I'm not a gigantic EC3 fan, but WWE barely even tried with him.
    Again a guy noted for being a solid mic worker....they wanted him to become a mute and pose by a mirror.

He didn't need to be a work rate god though. Just be a decent enough worker and let his charisma sell the rest. Its just , well as mentioned he never got a chance really. Its like the WWE was in a race to lock up all this talent and then sit and went , ok what do we do with them ?

Its the same issue with Bobby Roode. Guy can work decent in ring and really exploded as the IT FACTOR. He gets a great NXT entrance and your thinking ...HOLY **** this guy is gonna be great. The WWE is really gonna sell Bobby Roode. Instead he's not done much , and comically I saw last year the WWE decided he needed to grow a mustache and become Robert Roode.

In all...I get the WWE is constantly adding talent for the company. But at times they sign too many and they don't know what to do with them. (see WCW back in late 90's as an example of this).
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Its the same issue with Bobby Roode. Guy can work decent in ring and really exploded as the IT FACTOR. He gets a great NXT entrance and your thinking ...HOLY **** this guy is gonna be great. The WWE is really gonna sell Bobby Roode. Instead he's not done much , and comically I saw last year the WWE decided he needed to grow a mustache and become Robert Roode.
    With Roode, it's just his age that's a factor. They aren't going to give a big push to a guy in their 40's, Samoa Joe is in the same boat. HHH signed them to NXT when there was a developmental. But their work (and that WWE needed some vets) got allowed them to have a run.

I'm a big Roode fan and he looks great now, I am onboard for a push from him.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    With Roode, it's just his age that's a factor.
    That argument doesn't hold much weight when they have their biggest PPVs headlined by the likes of Undertaker, Goldberg and Lesnar. Roode may not have the name value, but WWE clearly has no issue with age.

Two of their PPV WWE title matches this year were also done with older talent in Mysterio (45) and Bobby Lashley (44).