Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Not even mentioning that he's the same age as AJ Styles, someone Vince hasn't been shy about pushing at all.
    I DO think it's fair to argue though that people like Taker, Rey, and even AJ Styles are arguably looked upon as exceptions more than the rule.

Generally speaking WWE probably doesn't want to push someone over 40 into a top position (unless they're already in a top position anyways). But certain people can get pushed simply because of who they are. They're not going to give every wrestler in their 40's the same treatment they might give Taker or even AJ.

Again, that's not a knock against Roode who I do like. But I wouldn't expect him to get the same treatment that a Goldberg or a Taker or a Lesner is getting. Name value can come into play. And in the case of guys like Taker and Rey, being long standing good company men probably factors in as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I DO think it's fair to argue though that people like Taker, Rey, and even AJ Styles are arguably looked upon as exceptions more than the rule.

Generally speaking WWE probably doesn't want to push someone over 40 into a top position (unless they're already in a top position anyways). But certain people can get pushed simply because of who they are. They're not going to give every wrestler in their 40's the same treatment they might give Taker or even AJ.

Again, that's not a knock against Roode who I do like. But I wouldn't expect him to get the same treatment that a Goldberg or a Taker or a Lesner is getting. Name value can come into play. And in the case of guys like Taker and Rey, being long standing good company men probably factors in as well.
    Maybe the unwritten rule was meant to be that way. Shayna is 40 , and she is getting pushed like she is her late 20's or early 30s.

How long is the average WWE career. You are lucky to matter maybe for 3-5 years. Pushing a guy at 40, just means you are letting go of at guy at 43.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

There's a lot of expections in modern WWE then. The company has been giving lots of pushes to guys in their late 30s and early 40s. Damien Priest is up there in age and he's a regular fixture on NXT. Dolph is 39 and he just had a WWE title match. Jeff and Sheamus are in their 40s and getting pushes. MVP is pushing 50 and he leads a stable. Age isn't a factor anymore.

Astonishing Member

Age isn't a factor if you're a homegrown WWE star. They're not going to make you a main eventer if you're 40...AJ Styles probably came in at the exact right time--and even then they never planned on pushing him into the main event...he just killed it in enough matches...

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Age isn't a factor if you're a homegrown WWE star. They're not going to make you a main eventer if you're 40...AJ Styles probably came in at the exact right time--and even then they never planned on pushing him into the main event...he just killed it in enough matches...
    Samoa Joe wasn't homegrown and he maintained a main-event aura about him throughout his run. Shinsuke had it initially.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Samoa Joe wasn't homegrown and he maintained a main-event aura about him throughout his run. Shinsuke had it initially.
    Exactly. Lol, there are no rules. Vince pushes who he wants.

You can suck in the ring.
    You can be short.
    You be huge
    You can be Black.
    You can have no mic skills.
    You can be a woman.
    You can be a star from another promotion.

Every performer is auditioning to an audience of one. And that audience is fickle.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    She was way too good to be used as a sidekick and pin eater most of the time. Given all the hype she had coming in to WWE and winning MYC, they really underused her.
    Agreed.

There's a kind of female baby face that just doesn't exist on the main roster that Kairi could have been.

She was thoroughly underutilised.

Astonishing Member

He lost every single main roster feud! He literally existed to put over the entire roster. I would say he had a Dolph Ziggler like aura...he was never going to win.

I agree they tried with Shinsuke.

Tessa tried to extort Impact. She wanted $150K from Impact to return the belt. The company went f that and got a new belt made instead.

Tessa tried to extort Impact. She wanted $150K from Impact to return the belt. The company went f that and got a new belt made instead.
    Assuming that's true, I think it's pretty laughable that she believed the freaking Impact world title was worth anywhere near that much. That decimal point would need to slide over to the left 2-3 spots to get anywhere near what it's worth.

Any future wrestling company definately wants to think twice before putting a major title around her waist.

Astonishing Member

Wrestling will forgive you being a bully.
    Wrestling will always forgive you being a bigot.
    But extorting your former boss is a no no

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Not exactly true....the company still had AJ Styles , Kurt Angle , Matt Hardy , ECIII , Bobby Lashley , Sting and Jeff Hardy in the company. His 1st reign hit in 2011 , which was the longest. It was Hogan's idea to push Roode and as he claimed , he saw a Canadian version of HHH there. Roode was a 2 time champion from 2011-2014 where TNA did have some talent there and people did watch there.
    TNA was bleeding viewers even with those guys. Roode's push didn't even help stem that tide.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Not exactly true....the company still had AJ Styles , Kurt Angle , Matt Hardy , ECIII , Bobby Lashley , Sting and Jeff Hardy in the company. His 1st reign hit in 2011 , which was the longest. It was Hogan's idea to push Roode and as he claimed , he saw a Canadian version of HHH there. Roode was a 2 time champion from 2011-2014 where TNA did have some talent there and people did watch there.

In fact Roode during that 1st run was so praised at how well he was booked , that The Rock himself sent out a tweet to him in 2012.

https://www.pwmania.com/bobby-roode-...tting-him-over

So yeah Roode really was at the apex of his career. I mean here is who he defended the title against those 10+ months :

James Storm
    AJ Styles
    Jeff Hardy
    Rob Van Dam
    Bully Ray
    Sting
    Mr. Anderson
    I think the fact that he kept returning to his role as a tag wrestler somewhat hurt his perception of really being a top guy even in Impact though. Shawn never had to reform the Rockers.

Astonishing Member

I don't want to defend Tessa at all. But everything that's happening sounds with her sounds like someone there's a huge contract dispute behind the scenes. She feels like Impact owes her $$$ for some reason that's why she's been playing hardball. The company is leaking their side of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I don't want to defend Tessa at all. But everything that's happening sounds with her sounds like someone there's a huge contract dispute behind the scenes. She feels like Impact owes her $$$ for some reason that's why she's been playing hardball. The company is leaking their side of the story.
    WWE should turn that into a storyline. Sami should threaten to NOT return the IC belt unless the WWE pays him $150 canadian dollars or something. Heck, Apollo and Sasha might want in on that too.