Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Tessa tried to extort Impact. She wanted $150K from Impact to return the belt. The company went f that and got a new belt made instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Assuming that's true, I think it's pretty laughable that she believed the freaking Impact world title was worth anywhere near that much. That decimal point would need to slide over to the left 2-3 spots to get anywhere near what it's worth.

Any future wrestling company definately wants to think twice before putting a major title around her waist.
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Wrestling will forgive you being a bully.
    Wrestling will always forgive you being a bigot.
    But extorting your former boss is a no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    TNA was bleeding viewers even with those guys. Roode's push didn't even help stem that tide.
    Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I don't want to defend Tessa at all. But everything that's happening sounds with her sounds like someone there's a huge contract dispute behind the scenes. She feels like Impact owes her $$$ for some reason that's why she's been playing hardball. The company is leaking their side of the story.
    Her contract didn't expire til June 30th. No , this is a case where Tessa's ego has screwed her. Its one of those issues where unlike Ric Flair who put money down to carry the WCW World title and it grew in escrow , and he wanted his money back before dropping it....Tessa just demanded money. She demanded a silly figure for a title belt and knew no way would Impact pay that. If they were gonna pay $150,000 it would be for a contract.

Any company that signs Tessa will get someone who was unwilling to cut promos at home. Refused to put someone over on her way out and then refused to send belt back. I doubt she's a popular person Impact will ever bring back.

WWE should turn that into a storyline. Sami should threaten to NOT return the IC belt unless the WWE pays him $150 canadian dollars or something. Heck, Apollo and Sasha might want in on that too.
    Sami could run that and before the WWE created a new IC title had Sami cut promos at home , with him walking around his place as champion. Saying he was gonna keep the belt forever. (you could do a comical Summerslam match at Sami's home which has a ring in back yard and someone comes there with referee and suddenly makes him defend the belt)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't want to defend Tessa at all. But everything that's happening sounds with her sounds like someone there's a huge contract dispute behind the scenes. She feels like Impact owes her $$$ for some reason that's why she's been playing hardball. The company is leaking their side of the story.
    Tessa was an idiot with how she went about it. She had zero leverage to extort for that much money over the belt. It wasn't a case like Flair where WCW refused to pay back his deposit and thus had him become the legal owner of the physical belt or Jeff Jarrett having his contract expire while reigning IC champion with the real threat of jumping to WCW with it. What would Tessa do with it without a competitor to jump to and being stuck in Mexico?

just some random thoughts

bayley is fukn xcellent in everything she's doing right now.
    aska as champion has been ****(not her fault) and i'd rather see sasha with the title for the promos with bayley if nothing else.
    deona perazzo is good and all but i didn't like how jordyn grace had this long journey to finally get the title and then perazzo just came in and won it 1st match. it gives that vibe that any wwe midcard-jobber can be a champion in impact vibe.
    i can't sit through bray wyatt cinematic matches anymore and i don't think i'm going to even try going forward.
    mcmg are still great, i hope sabin can stay healthy. impact has a hell of a tag team roster i hope reno scum don't continue to be lost in the mix. i also hope josh alexander goes solo soon.
    not happy with how they did my man willie mack, put over chris bey as strongly as possible though.
    i wish karl anderson was a singles wrestler.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

aska as champion has been ****(not her fault) and i'd rather see sasha with the title for the promos with bayley if nothing else.
    deona perazzo is good and all but i didn't like how jordyn grace had this long journey to finally get the title and then perazzo just came in and won it 1st match. it gives that vibe that any wwe midcard-jobber can be a champion in impact vibe.
    i can't sit through bray wyatt cinematic matches anymore and i don't think i'm going to even try going forward.
    mcmg are still great, i hope sabin can stay healthy. impact has a hell of a tag team roster i hope reno scum don't continue to be lost in the mix. i also hope josh alexander goes solo soon.
    not happy with how they did my man willie mack, put over chris bey as strongly as possible though.
    I agree with.

Karl Anderson being a singles wrestler.
    Willie Mack(needs a shirt) being completely sacrificed to the influencer.
    I can't do cinematic matches period. Just not my thing.
    The North going solo would be awesome, but that takes away a great tag team.

I disagree with DP. I never felt like she was a WWE gal. I just see her as an Indy performer.
    I think I have a crush on Jordynne Grace

He lost every single main roster feud! He literally existed to put over the entire roster. I would say he had a Dolph Ziggler like aura...he was never going to win.

I agree they tried with Shinsuke.
    I fail to see the difference in Joe and Nakamura in this scenario.

Nakamura had two main-event feuds with AJ and Jinder and lost both. Joe had two main-event feud with AJ and Brock (which was amazing. Easily one of Brock's best feuds in years) and lost both.

They tried with both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Wrestling will forgive you being a bully.
    Wrestling will always forgive you being a bigot.
    But extorting your former boss is a no no
    Vince forgave Warrior and Jarrett. The extortion part isn't a deal breaker to Vince if he knows he can make money off of you.

I think Anderson being in the tag ranks for so long has made people forget he was such a solid singles wrestler. He had an amazing singles career in NJPW after the formation of Bullet Club, and some great feuds with Okada and Nakamura. Even made it to the G1 finals at one point.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post

Vince forgave Warrior and Jarrett. The extortion part isn't a deal breaker to Vince if he knows he can make money off of you.
    He spent years though to forgive them. Warrior just walked out of the company after he made more wild demands. Lucky for Vince he didn't put a title on him. Jarrett's story was he was told he couldn't get the bonus money he was due to how business was when he came in that fall of 1997/1998. But as the business got hot , Jeff wanted it and was told NOPE. He more or less on his way out got the money he was due to him.

Tessa has heat with people and if Vince wanted her , he'd have signed her already. He likely sees a more terrible Alundra Blaze deal where unlike Madusa who was let go as she was champion and actually was a nice person , Tessa doesn't have that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Jarrett's story was he was told he couldn't get the bonus money he was due to how business was when he came in that fall of 1997/1998. But as the business got hot , Jeff wanted it and was told NOPE. He more or less on his way out got the money he was due to him.
    Jarrett's contract expired the day before the PPV he was to drop the IC title at. He refused to work it unless he got paid. What he felt he was owed doesn't matter. He still held the belt hostage until he got paid. It's the same as the Tessa situation only Jarrett actually worked up until his contract ran out and Tessa sat at home and refused to do anything for the last few months before her's did.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Intermediary

before WWE, Deonna was considered, and is one of the best techinical wrestlers out there, the WWE signed her and did NOTHING with her

Ive seen her and Jordynne Grace wrestle at independent shows and while I like Grace a lot, she is nowhere near the wrestler that Purazzo is

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    He spent years though to forgive them. Warrior just walked out of the company after he made more wild demands. Lucky for Vince he didn't put a title on him. Jarrett's story was he was told he couldn't get the bonus money he was due to how business was when he came in that fall of 1997/1998. But as the business got hot , Jeff wanted it and was told NOPE. He more or less on his way out got the money he was due to him.

Tessa has heat with people and if Vince wanted her , he'd have signed her already. He likely sees a more terrible Alundra Blaze deal where unlike Madusa who was let go as she was champion and actually was a nice person , Tessa doesn't have that.
    I don't think Vince necessarily wants her NOW if she's unwilling to work in the pandemic.

But I don't think anyone would be THAT surprised if Tessa showed up in the WWE or AEW. For all the downsides to her (and it sounds like there's a lot), I do think she's talented and I do think there's some legitimate interest in seeing her. I think it's probably fair to say Charlotte vs Tessa would be considered a dream match, at least by womens standards. THat's not necessarily say this is a woman you want to be a belt on especialy near the end of her contract... but she does have potential value.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    before WWE, Deonna was considered, and is one of the best techinical wrestlers out there, the WWE signed her and did NOTHING with her

Ive seen her and Jordynne Grace wrestle at independent shows and while I like Grace a lot, she is nowhere near the wrestler that Purazzo is
    I think Deonna signed to WWE at a bad time. NXT women roster was loaded with phenomenal talent and she wasn't able to stand out.

I don't think Vince necessarily wants her NOW if she's unwilling to work in the pandemic.

But I don't think anyone would be THAT surprised if Tessa showed up in the WWE or AEW. For all the downsides to her (and it sounds like there's a lot), I do think she's talented and I do think there's some legitimate interest in seeing her. I think it's probably fair to say Charlotte vs Tessa would be considered a dream match, at least by womens standards. THat's not necessarily say this is a woman you want to be a belt on especialy near the end of her contract... but she does have potential value.
    The thing is with WWE and AEW is if the talent is worth the headache. NXT passed her up during the first MYC due to her attitude issues. AEW having Tessa on there roster could hurt their "progressive and inclusive" wrestling company image. Both companies will need to lay down some ground rules for her if they do business with her.

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I think Deonna signed to WWE at a bad time. NXT women roster was loaded with phenomenal talent and she wasn't able to stand out.
    they signed her just before NXT Brooklyn 4, she wrestled in her debut against Bianca Belair, she lost

and then wasnt on TV again for like 6 months - she worked all the NXT house shows tho...the Coconut Loop, as they call it

Ultimate Member

AEW was awesome this week:

-Eddie freaking Kingston appears, wow! And he cut one heck of a promo and he and Cody had one heck of a fight. Props to Cody for taking that thumbtacks spot. Also Kingston sold his knee perfectly. I do feel like the match ended a bit too quick after the tacks spot, but that's a minor complaint.

Great promos from Moxley, Dr. Britt, and Taz.

MJF being a fantastic heel as usual, and Archer destroying people while Jake calmy talked was hilarious.

Insane brawl by the Young Bucks and Butcher and Blade.

The Women's match was, solid. Sign Kingston, Ivelisse, and Diamante if you haven't already AEW.

Darby taking more insane bumps.

Fun ME and a cool return.

So much good stuff and next week looks great on paper as well.

I'm not much a toy guy but those AEW figures are actually really well made. Better than a lot of the current WWE ones. I was throughly impressed. NJPW still has the best current figs. Super7 makes some kick-ass ****.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    they signed her just before NXT Brooklyn 4, she wrestled in her debut against Bianca Belair, she lost

and then wasnt on TV again for like 6 months - she worked all the NXT house shows tho...the Coconut Loop, as they call it
    In her interview, she says she suspected they signed her because they didn't want her to wrestle on "All-In", she was never part of their plan.